𝐁𝐫𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐧 [𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟖]

That day Alec looked more upset than usual. When people first met Alec they would assume he was grumpy and mean, that's why Alec found it hard to get close to people.

He had hidden In the shadows of his own secrets for years. He would create a wall around his feelings so that nobody he loved would get hurt. He didn't want people to find out about what he was feeling, so he showed people emotions such as anger, so that they wouldn't question him anymore.

Alec was never mean, he was broken... until he met Magnus.

Magnus Bane the high warlock of Brooklyn changed Alec's world. Alec became more open and overall a happier person. Magnus brought out the best version of Alec and he was happy about it.

The only bad thing was that his father was homophobic and hated downworlders. When he found out about Magnus and Alec's relationship he went mad. Alec had closed off his feelings for so long, but once he expressed himself to his father, he was shouted at and once again shattered into small pieces of glass.

Magnus realised that Alec was becoming more fragile, but didn't want to say anything to make Alec upset.

Alec got on with his work like usual. He was mad that Lydia was the new head of the institute, but he didn't want anyone to think he was weak, so he just got on with his work and like he said, his main priority was locating Valentine.

A shadowhunter finally found a lead after a long time of looking.
They had found the warehouse that Valentine was in and didn't hesitate to try and find him.

Magnus and Alec, Jace and clary, Izzy and Lydia all geared up to go on the mission.

Magnus created a portal and suddenly they were outside of a warehouse.
"This isn't the nicest looking hideout." Izzy said looking around at the dirty building.

"Let's just get in and try to find Valentine." Alec exclaimed.

Before they walked through the front doors a man walked out quickly, a scared look was painted across his face.

"Robert?" Lydia said confused.

Everyone was completely shocked that Robert was there and they were all even more shocked at what he said next.
"Valentine is in there." Robert told them out of breath.

Alec looked at him angrily.
"It's a trap, don't believe him." Alec said.

Everyone agreed with Alec, but Robert kept speaking.

"Lydia, I swear to devote the rest of my life to the clave. I will put my hand on the mortal sword. I swear to never be in league with Valentine." Robert put his hand against his heart as if to say he was swearing on his life.

Lydia looked over at everyone. Alec was shaking his head to tell her not to trust him.

Lydia finally made her decision and began to speak, "ok Robert, I will give you one chance." Lydia told him.

Robert smiled at her and walked towards the group.

Alec gave him an evil glare and then stepped away from Robert, he walked towards Magnus to stand beside him.
"Why is your dad being so nice?" Magnus whispered.

"I don't know, but I don't trust him." Alec replied looking towards his father.

Robert leads them into the warehouse, so that they can kidnap Valentine.

"Stay behind." Robert whispered.

They all looked confused as they were shadow hunters and there job was to not be afraid.

Valentine was standing over a mans body, he had a syringe in his hand and was injecting the man with some kind of blood.

"Valentine Morgenstern, by order of the clave you are under arrest for stealing the mortal cup and planning to lead the dark war." Lydia said to Valentine, her voice was firm and authoritative.

They handcuffed Valentine and leaded him out of the warehouse.

"I still think it seems suspicious." Alec whispered to Magnus.

"Yeah so do I, but at least we have Valentine." Magnus replied.

Once Valentine was transported to the institute, he was locked in the guard.
"Who wants to get a drink?" Robert asked.

"Yeah sure." Izzy answered and then everybody seemed to follow.

Once they had arrived at the bar, Robert said he would pay for the rounds.

He walked up to Alec with a beer in his hand, "look, Alec I'm sorry about before and not accepting you, I just wasn't used to it. I hope you will forgive me." Robert said.

Alec still didn't trust him, but he took the drink and took a sip.

After a while Alec began to feel light headed. Izzy said that it must have been the alcohol because he didn't really drink, but what Alec didn't know is that Robert had put a potion in Alec's drink.