𝐒𝐡𝐚𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐡𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐃𝐨𝐰𝐧𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬 [𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟓]

Alec was back at the institute. He was told about what happed with Valentine. He had come to the institute to create dark shadowhunters, but now he is locked up in the guard. Robert was down there with him and everyone in the institute is trying to track down everyone who was in league with Valentine.

Alec went down to the guard to check on Valentine, as he was the head of the institute he was in charge of what happened to him. Robert hadn't done as bad things as Valentine, but he would still be punished for his crimes.

Valentine had started a war between the shadow hunters (the circle) and the downworlders. His plan was to get rid of ever downworlder and demon on the earth.

His plan was to collect all the three mortal instruments and use them to raise the angel.

Alec went into the guard where Valentine was and began to interrogate him.

"Why were you using the mortal cup to create dark shadowhunters?" Alec asked. His voice wasn't like his usual voice, when he was at work his tone changed to a deeper tone and a more intimidating voice.

"Because I want to rid the world of all demons and use the shadow hunters to create an army." Valentine replied casually.

Alec was surprised that Valentine had just told him his plan and not refused to answer his question.

"Why do you need an army?"
"Because I can't defeat the demons on my own."

"Why do you want to rid the world of downworlders?"

Valentine didn't answer this question straight away, he looked at Alec and then smiled.

"I see you have become very attached to a certain warlock." Valentine pointed out.
"How do you know that?" Asked Alec confused.

"I know many things, I want to rid the world of demons because when the angel created the first shadowhunter there were now demons or downworlders, but disgusting shadow hunters created them. I want to get rid of the demon blood and all the shadow hunters who stand beside them." Valentine smiled again at Alec, "including you."

Alec tried to keep a straight face, he didn't want to show any emotions to Valentine. His father was chained up on the bed by the wall.

"Why did you do this dad?" Alec asked. He was actually quite upset that his dad would chose Valentine over his family.
"Because of you." He said with an evil look on his face.

"What?" Alec said.

"You and your stupid warlock boyfriend disgust me. I never wanted a gay son, you are disrespecting the Lightwood family name. You don't even deserve to be a shadow Hunter." Robert finished.

Tears stung the back of Alec's eyes. He had finally gotten over what his father had said to him before and now this. His father really did hate him.

Alec took in a deep breath so that he wouldn't cry, he didn't want to show his dad that he was weak and that the words had effected him. A shadow hunters saying is 'emotions cloud judgment." He didn't want his father getting in the way of his life.

Alec didn't say anything to either of them. He walked out of the guard and back upstairs to the institutes weapons room, not looking back at Valentine or his father.

"Hey Alec." Jace said as he walked in.
Alec didn't look happy, there were tears in his eyes and all he wanted to do was break down and cry.

"Alec are you ok?" Jace asked trying to look at Alec's face.

Alec was looking down at the ground so Jace wouldn't be able to see the tears in his eyes. Alec looked up and Jace saw his face.

He didn't ask Alec any more questions, instead he walked over to his and wrapped his arms around his parabatai, hugging his tightly.

Alec quietly sobbed on Jace's shoulder. The words 'are you ok' made him want to cry because he was anything but ok.

He thought about all the times his dad had said things to him about his sexuality while Jace held him tightly. Alec had once gone to the silent city on a mission. He had never thought he would go there, not even in death. Being gay wasn't really allowed in the shadow world, or at least it was frowned upon for shadow hunters. When he was in the silent city he saw all the people who had been buried. He came across the Lightwoods and he told himself that he wouldn't be buried there if he came out because the shadow Hunters wouldn't accept him. He thought he would be buried in Idris among the disgraced.

He held onto Jace as he cried more on his shoulder. When Jace pulled away he saw Alec and looking into his red, teary eyes.
"What happened Alec? Do you want to talk about it?" He asked softly.

Alec began telling Jace about what happened and about what his father had said to him In the past and just a few moments ago.

"Alec, Robert didn't take Valentines side because of you. You can't blame yourself for something like that. You have to know that the best thing in life is staying true to yourself and that's what you're doing. Robert isn't important, he is your father, but now he's chosen Valentine over us. You have so many people who love you. You have me and Izzy and Max, you have Maryse and most importantly you have Magnus. We are all by your side and you can't let Roberts words hurt you." Jace told him.

The words Jace had said hit Alec hard. He had imagined what his life would be like if he didn't come out, but when he imagined it he was upset. If he didn't come out he would spend the rest of his life miserable and pretending to be someone else to everyone he loved.

He knew he was gay when he was younger, he had looked at boys differently, he had loved Jace first, but now he knew that he loved him like a brother. When he was in the institute, he would find himself checking out guys, but when he met Magnus all he could do was admire his boyfriend. Jace was right, he couldn't let what Robert said affect him because he loved Magnus and that's all that mattered.