𝐑𝐚𝐟𝐚𝐞𝐥 𝐒𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐚𝐠𝐨 𝐋𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐰𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐁𝐚𝐧𝐞 [𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟔]

A/N- The name 'Rafael Santiago Lightwood Bane' is from the books, but if you haven't read them there are no spoilers in this chapter, all I'm using is the name.

(Flash forward a few years)

"Breakfast is ready." Magnus said as he walked into the bedroom.
Alec got out of bed and went to go and check on Rafael (their adopted son)

"Come on Rafael," Alec said, "daddy made you some breakfast."
Rafael opened his eyes to look at Alec. Alec smiled at him after Rafael got out of bed.

When Rafael was stood in front of Alec, Alec lifted him up and gave him a kiss on the cheek as he carried him into the kitchen where Magnus was cooking breakfast.

"Good morning sweet pea." Said Magnus happily as he turned to look at Rafael.
Rafael smiled at him and then got down from Alec's arms.

Rafael was 5 years old, he had brown hair, his skin was tanned (like Magnus's) they had adopted him when he was 1 years old. Rafael was a well behaved child, he always listened to Magnus and Alec.

Magnus have Rafael his breakfast, it was pancakes, Rafael's favourite.
"Thank you daddy." He said sweetly as Magnus handed him the plate.

Rafael ate his breakfast and Magnus and Alec left the room for a moment.
"I told you you'd make a good dad." Alec said proudly.
"Well back then Alexander I never really considered it, my father is the prince of hell, he's not exactly a good role model." Magnus told him.
"Yeah well my fathers not perfect either." Alec exclaimed.

Magnus leaned in towards his and kissed Alec's plump lips for a moment.
Alec pulled away. "Rafael is right over there!" Alec whispered to him.
"Really I didn't notice." Magnus said sarcastically. "It doesn't hurt Rafael to see his dads kiss."

Alec kissed Magnus quickly again and then went back into the kitchen to go and check on his son.

"Aunty Izzy and uncle Jace are coming round later." Alec said.
"Yay, aunty Izzy." Rafael said with a smile.

Alec picked him up and then took him to wash his face as he had already finished his breakfast.

When Alec cleaned up Rafael, Magnus came into the bedroom to pick out an outfit for Rafael. Magnus always insisted that he picked out the outfit and not Alec.

Rafael sat on the bed as Magnus laid his cloyed out beside him.
"There you go sweet pea." Said Magnus.

Rafael got ready and so did Magnus and Alec. After all the years Alec still wore the same black clothes.

They were all ready, so they sat beside each other on the sofa and waited for everyone to arrive.

There was a knock at the door.
"Aunty Izzy?" Rafael said as he jumped up from the sofa.
"Rafael wait a second." Alec told him.
Alec got up and then went to open the door.

"Hey big bro." She said as she walked in and gave him a hug.
"Aunty izzy, aunty Izzy, aunty Izzy!" Rafael chanted.
"And how's my favourite little nephew." Izzy said as she lifted Rafael up and spun him around.

Simon walked in next. Him and Izzy had been married for about a year now. "Hey Simon." Alec said.
Jace was next and then shortly after clary walked in.
"Hey guys, it's nice to see you." Alec said to them, giving them all a hug.

They all walked into the house and said hi to Magnus, who was now standing by the door.

Rafael had walked over to Jace and clary and had given them a hug.

Jace picked Rafael up and hugged him tightly. "He Rafael, I've missed you." Jace said. "Guess what I have?"
Rafael got excited. "What is it?" He asked.
Jace took out a seraph blade from his weapons belt, but quickly put it away when clary hit him in the arm.
"You can't give a seraph blade to a child Jace!" Clary said to him.