Sports festival pt. 1

Time flew by and today is the day of the sports festival. Kacchan, Todoroki-kun and I talked a lot, but they gave me time to talk about my problems. We talked about school and other stuff. We became good friends, I think. I never really had friends so I don't know what it's like.

Well surprisingly I won the first round, the obstacle race. The problem is now I'm the main target of the second round, the Cavalry Battle. We need to team up in groups of 3-4 people. Everyone has a number or rather points on ther headbands. The points depend on your place in the obstacle race. And my head is worthy 10 million points. Easy to see, everyone will come after me and I don't know who to team up with. Most of the people avoid me, they wanna pass and they know whoever is teamed up with me will be a target as well.

Kacchan and Todoroki made place 2 and 3 so their points are pretty high too. I think they probably found a team. Who should I choose or rather who is still free?

"Umm Deku-kun d-do you still need someone for your team? I-If yes I would like to join y-you." I turn around to see Uraraka standing there.

"That would be nice thank you Uraraka-chan." I give her a big smile. I just hope I don't take her down with me. If I loose she will too. NO! Stop thinking about that. I have to do my best espacially for her and whoever will join us.

"Oi shitty Deku, do you have a team already."

"Oh Kacchan umm so far it's only me and Uraraka-chan."

"Round face? Fine I'll join you. You can make things float right?"

"Oh umm y-yeah I can." Uraraka-chan says.

"I'm sure you can make a good plan with our quirks, right Deku?"

"Oh um y-yes g-give me a second to think about it."

"Hey you're the boy with the 10 million points right? Let me join your group! I have a lot of babys that could help you." A strange girl with pink hair came over to us.

"Umm Babys?" I ask.

"Glad you asked. Here" She opens a box with a lot of support gadgets.

"Woah. Is that a jetpack?!"

"Hehe yes it's one of my favourite babys." She proudly smiles.

"Guys I think I have a plan."

Our time to group is almost up. I'm the one on the top. Infront of me is Kacchan, he can fight opponents off. The girl, Hatsume, is in the back on my right side and Uraraka-chan on the left. Uraraka-chan made our stuff weightless. I'm wearing the jetpack and the others wear hover boots.

The signal goes off and like expected everyone chases me. We first go on with running away. We run and when we get cornered we use the jetpack to get out. The others soften the landing with the hover boots. Basically this was the whole thing. We try to run away, Kacchan blows some people away, sometimes a bit too hard. In the end we are faced with Todoroki-kuns group.

"I'm sorry Izuku, but I wanna win this." Today he seems off. I don't know what is going on, but he looks more angry and like he wants to actually kill someone. But this hatred isn't faced towards me or anyone here, his gaze seems far away.

We try to avoid them again, but Todoroki-kun cuts off our escape route. I used the jetpack too often, so it isn't working anymore and 2 of the hover boots are broken. Todoroki's group attacks, we try to avoid them, but they get my head band. Iida used his quirk and they were so fast I couldn't even see them.

Time is almost up. We need to get them back. This time it's us going after them. We go after them and I use my quirk to get his arms away with the air pressure. I'm on his left side, he never uses it, but this time he activates his fire quirk. But as soon as he realises this he deactivates it again. My chance to grab one of the headbands around his neck.

We get a bit space between us and i look at the headband. Shit it's only 70 points. Just as we want to go against them again the signal goes off. It's over. The time is over. I get back to the ground.

On the big screen is written which team has what place. I look at it 1. place team Todoroki, 2. place Team Kirishima, 3. place team Shinsou wow he made it and to my surprise the 4. team is Team Izuku. Yes I convinced them to use my first name even there, but more important how did we get 4th place?! We barely made it to the last round. I look behind me to see Kacchan smirk at me. He holds up a headband with 615 points.

"Kacchan!!" I smile at him and hug him.

"I had a feeling he would try something like this and grabbed one too."

"Thank you Kacchan." I smile and let go of him. But again I failed. If it wasn't for Kacchan it would already be over for us. This time I wouldn't have just lost for myself, I would have made them all loose too. I'm just useless. I shouldn't be here, I just hold all of them back.

Midnight announces that the next round is a battle tournament. Some people don't want to participate, because they can't remember how they won. It's 2 people from Hitoshi's team. Now that I think of it I still don't know his quirk. Well the 2 people are replaced by some people, who got 5th place. Midnight shows us who's fighting against who and my first fight is against Hitoshi.

"Good luck later Izuku." Hitoshi says.

"Ye-" My mouth gets covered by Ojiro's tail and he leads me away. He's one of the people who turned down.

"Don't talk to him. The last thing I remember is answearing him and than I came to my senses after someone bumped into me. But this is a one vs. one fight so avoid talking with him."

"Ok thank you." So Hitoshi has some kind of brainwashing quirk. Midnight announces a break for an hour to prepare for our fights.

I walk over to Todoroki-kun. "Umm Todoroki-kun are you ok? You seem off today and umm I wanted to ask why you turned off your quirk earlier. You could have avoided my attack and we would have ended with no points."

"I already wanted to tell you this. Follow me, I want to talk somewhere private." He starts walking and I follow him. We end up in a hallway, that leads outside the stadium.

"Well before I got told what happened between you and your parents I wanted to ask if you're All mights secret love child or something. Your quirks are similar."

"What?! No of course not!"

"Yeah I know that, now. Well my father is Endeavor, the number 2 hero. He trained me since I was a little child and that only for one purpose, become better than All might. Did you ever heared about quirk marrige?"

"Umm yes. They were pretty common when quirks started to appear. People would get married just because of their quirks, but I think their illegal these days."

"Yes they are, but not for the number 2 hero. My parents did exactly that. I have 3 older siblings and in the eyes of my father they were failures. I'm on the other hand am his perfect creation. Perfect balance between fire and ice. My father is a tyrant, he abused my mother and she got crazy over it. One day she said she couldn't stand my left side, because it looks just like him. Right before she put boiling hot water over my face." So that's where his scar is from.

"I hate my father and I refuse to use his quirk. I will only use my ice quirk, I'll show him that I can be a hero even without his quirk. If we both win the first round, we have to fight. I know we're friends now, but I will win." He starts to walk off.

I walk after him. "Todoroki-kun I promise I will fight with everything I have, so please do the same. I think your quirks are yourse, not your mothers nor your fathers. It's yourse."

He listened to me but now he just walks off without another word. I go back to the preperation rooms to think about how I can beat Hitoshi.