41

Warning:

I changed a few things in this canon plot so I won't end up just copying the original. They're very minor though.

Also, I'm sorry for the delay. My allergies are giving me a hard time imagining scenarios and meds make me fall asleep early at night. I hope you'll enjoy the update and always grateful for your support.

April 4th
Saturday
6:00 am

Reader Pov

Or so I thought.

"You're on your own because no one is allowed to interrupt the Exam unless I need to fix technical problems." Those were Netero's last words before the airship landed atop the empty tower, over a mountain of the same shape but ten times the size.

I could only huff in frustration when he said there's nothing he can do against Hisoka because the rules doesn't apply to him.

"The rules are simple." I turned around and listened attentively to Mr. Beans's instruction. "Make it to the bottom within seventy-two hours. Alive. Anyone who fails will automatically be banned to the next phase." He spoke like it's that easy, considering the lack of equipment to rely on.

Once the aircraft left the cliff, I went towards the edge and took a peek below. The peaceful weather and refreshing smell of the morning dew's calming effects are quite the contrast of the tower's height. It was too high to climb down by normal means so my only option is to conjure a harness and rope to use but I have to be discreet about it.

While Killua and his friends were aimlessly strolling on the opposite edge, the others were busy tapping the surface with their foot for a secret opening. Although I highly doubt the Examiner won't lay traps down there so I thought it would be much easier to deal with those things in an open area.

I planted the harness and grab ahold of the rope as I carefully pressed the frontal tips of my rubber shoes against the smooth wall.

Everything appeared to be clear of danger until four-legged, huge pinkish beasts that looked adorable at first—before their ear to ear mouths revealed those sets of sharp teeth—came to take their meal for the day.

I ended up quickly pulling myself up to avoid getting eaten by the rarely seen birds, only to fall inside a trapdoor with my upper body first as soon as my palms accidentally pressed the surface.

To break my fall, I had to conjure an iron spear but a pair of strong arms caught my legs and back, bringing me down in a fairly deep, pitch-black hole before the traditional wall-lights automatically illuminated the two meter hallway.

"That was totally unnecessary." I complained and wriggled my way out of Hisoka's toned arms, then fixed my black shirt to hide my belly from his prying eyes.

"I'm only keeping my properties intact."

"You don't own me—"

"That's what you think."

"What a jerk."

"Thanks for the compliment."

I rolled my eyes and turned away to leave him after catching a glimpse of a passage at my left, only to get pulled into his arms again as soon as I've stepped into the dark room. "Hey!" My curse got swallowed back into my throat at the sudden display of candles getting lit by themselves, which I don't normally get to watch everyday.

"I've been waiting for you, Hisoka."

I flinched at the sight of a stranger with long and deep scars running from his jaws up to his forehead was sitting on the corner across.

"It's payback day for these scars you've caused." The ripped guy displayed his skills in spinning and tossing his curved dagger while threatening his opponent.

"Hmph." Hisoka wasn't at all worried. "Blaming me for your incompetence is mind blowing."

"Shut up and prepare to die!" He wielded dual blades at once and continuously hurled them against Hisoka. The latter dodged them with ease but that guy seemed to have anticipated his style and threw in two more weapons of the same kind to keep him moving, possibly to wear him off.

However, nothing's changed. Hisoka just kept humiliating him till he thought it's wise to get me entangled into their fight.

"Hey Hisoka, let's see if you can still keep that toughness when your bįtch here gets punished on your behalf."

"Go on." The nerve of Hisoka to smirk at him confidently while risking my body. "I love watching her on battle."

"You bastard." I had no choice but to catch those knives the mad man has sent flying before they get to cut my gut. Hisoka also did the same with the extra two sets of blades and the shock was evident on the wielder's facial expression.

"Impossible..." The scar-faced man whom was sweating badly muttered under his breath but thanks to the small area covered with thick brick walls, I was able to hear his words. "It took me over half a year just to master catching those blades."

"Really?" I took a deep sigh and placed his blades over the spiral staircase behind me, "... sadly, I have been doing this since like a decade ago."

"Oh, it was easier than anticipated." Hisoka licked the thin blade and grinned creepily. "I appreciate your futile efforts."

"Hisoka don't!" I tried to stop him from beheadįng the desperate long-haired guy yet he had been too swift on his act of violence.

"You should get used to this (Y/N). Or else you won't be able to keep up with my pace."

I scoffed. "What makes you think I want to be involved with you?"

"Aren't you here to train on how to kįll Silva Zoldyck?" He spoke like he knew what he was talking about. "I am more than happy to be of assistance."