40

A/N:

Sorry for the delay, some news can be very distracting. I hope you'll like this update and thank you for the support.

April 3rd
Friday
4:55 pm

Reader Pov

"Sure." I sighed softly and approached him while staring at his lower body.

"Oof. Bold." Hisoka's smirk reached his ear and #301 looked at me very seriously. I actually felt his gaze kind of intense and suffocating my being. "Not that I mind even if you do it in front of everyone else." Hisoka's teasing voice got me back on track.

"I don't care too, no one can stop me from what I'm about to do, even you." I spoke in as much sultry voice I can and reached for his neck, then traveled down to his toned chest and firm abs, over his weird clothes. I can feel his breathing tightening as he watched my every movement.

The crowd's noise down the cliff has gotten louder while the three of us suffer in deafening silence

"Sadly, I like my eggs boiled." I swiftly grabbed his net of eggs and took one out to give it to #301. "That's for saving me back in the wetlands." I smiled at him and took another one for my consumption. "Thank you Hisoka but unless you want me to boil your sausage in that huge pot over there, then I'll be happy to eat it as well." I held his left hand and returned the bag of Spider Eagle eggs.

#301 laughed, if that's what his open jaws' bobbing is called. I shook my head and proceeded to the spot where Menchi is standing, a couple of meters away and looked down at the people left hanging by a thread. Like LITERALLY.

I am  so tempted to help Killua by conjuring a pole to stick in between the Split mountain for them to grab on, rather than the very nest that could snap any minute. However, Netero gave me a meaningful stare that felt like he will disqualify the people I'll help instead of me.

"Are you sure you don't want to get yours?" Menchi interrupted our exchange of glares and stood in between.

"I already got mine and can't wait to cook it." I simply said even though it probably sounded a bit arrogant from her perspective.

"Good thing the egg itself is already considered as a delicious cuisine compared to other eggs. But you can still mess up the boiling process though." She sarcastically said and I felt the need to counter because I'm already triggered.

"And I can get you every single egg out there even if we end up staying here till morning if that's what it takes to satisfy your appetite for perfection." Her ears fumed and she could've thrown another insult on me if the boys' haven't cut the heavy atmosphere around us.

Seeing Killua's lively, glittering eyes once again washed all my worries down the drain. Apparently there's nothing to worry about since the Exam phases aren't really made to force the applicants to take someone else's life for the prize. It's just a bunch of training grounds for mind and body.

With the help of Buhara's thundering stomach growls, everyone got to enjoy the perfectly boiled egg. Menchi is as pissed as ever, but she can't act childish in front of Netero for some reason. My bet is fear for his status and power since I've seen the intensity of his nen before.

Good thing he's here with us. This way, Hisoka can't lay his hands on the kids. Sometimes his presence is indeed advantageous for me. I only have to be careful to not leave us alone in one room.

To be continued...

Ps:

Speaking of eggs, would anyone like a scrambled egg on garlic fried rice? XD

The finished product: XD