20

April 1st
Wednesday
6:16 pm

Almost two hours before the last chapter's timeline...

Reader Pov

"So you meant to say you gave birth to a girl and hid it from your beloved mentor all these years? Now you have the audacity to ask for my help to locate her after getting abducted by who knows who and most likely dęad after several hours you rummaged the whole city instead of asking a nen-user to find her which is way easier?"

I bit my lower lip to keep my frustration from shifting into rude phrases and screw my last option to get assistance for my search.

"Please don't say those things... I know she's still alive... I apologize for keeping her existence a secret but due to the unavoidable circumstances I had no other choice." I tried to control my lips from shivering, "p-please help me..."

Netero turned his back from me and approached the wide glass window of the Hunter Association's penthouse. He silently gazed down the busy flickering streets for awhile and kept me on the edge of my seat, waiting impatiently for his verdict. "Did Silva made an effort to contact you since then?"

"No." I answered truthfully. "I'm sure he doesn't know anything about her because as much as possible I steered clear of anything that can be traced. From Internet, gadgets, to cabs and electronic devices. Even credit cards and bank accounts. I stuck on the old school type of paycheck. I have chosen to work jobs that won't be needing direct contact with consumers."

"So?"

"So... what?" I frowned. Netero really was testing my patience and it's very obvious at his continuous taunting.

"New flash (Y/N), you're not exactly the type that can be called rich to get your daughter kidnapped for ransom." He said as he brushed the long beard down his chin. "There's only one person who would actually care. Am I right?"

My counter-argument got interrupted by a sudden adrenaline rush. I had to grab ahold of the brown leather sofa's armrest to keep my legs from shaking in uncontrollable manner.

"S-she's in danger..." I stuttered due to the scary images running through my mind.

"Can you feel it?"

"Yeah, the aura I conjured to protect her from harm has just manifested." I took a deep breath and calm myself down. Having my heart palpitating too much will only worsen the situation.

"You see, Conjuration wasn't as simple as you may think. You actually possess a nen category that could bring the Specialist in you, unlike all the types of nen out there." He faced my direction and his features became a lot more serious. "You have to trigger the connection to be able to use it."

"How?" I inquired, watching his aura spike.

"There are a lot of ways to trigger that and one of those is anger. If you could imagine a pedophile was about to r*pe her you'll—"

"Stop!" I yelled. The mere imagination of some weirdo pinning Sylvia's arms over a bed got my blood boiling in fury.

"You're doing great. Now concentrate your rage and detect your own aura's location to control it." I did what I was told. It took awhile to prepare but after a couple of failed attempts, I eventually got a vision of my child through the guardian nen spirit I made for her, since she was a month old.

Ever since I've seen Netero's ability a decade ago, I've been thinking of mimicking him but that technique wasn't easy to learn, mainly because there are strict Conditions and Limitations which I refuse to commit myself on. However, being a mother can change one person's perspective and despite the risks of getting my own nen depleted, I developed a nen guardian to protect my daughter from any harm that may come her way.

"What the—" I nearly choke upon seeing Kikyo and Illumi talking in front of Sylvia. I couldn't hear what they were saying, however, based on her actions, she's pissed. My daughter looks fine so I am relieved for a moment, until he withdrew a pointy weapon from his chest and attempted to stab her. "You bastard!"

The aura I made successfully defended her from harm, although it didn't stop him from doing it again. That's how I knew I had to fight him until he drops dęad on the rough, marble floor.

A/N:

Sorry for the wait and I hope you'll enjoy the update. Thank you!