16 |18+|

Warning: ⚠️

Potentially disturbing content.
Mention of extreme violence.

September 16th
Sunday
1:00 am

Reader Pov

The hourly chime of the clock built-in a tall free-standing wooden case, driven by weights brought me back to my senses after staring at the starless skies for who knows how long. Silva put up a good fight in our earlier debate about giving ourselves the much needed space, he almost got me convinced.

However, I know all those pretty words and promises are as empty as the abyss I was looking upon. That they hold no weight on a righteous scale. Just the image of Killua's immeasurable disgust as soon as he learns about his father's infidelity—especially when the poor silver-haired kid looks up to him—my chest is already getting squeezed like a piece of lemon on a glass of clear liquor.

I should be tired of crying. I've shed countless buckets of tears in the past. Years and years of being alone and thinking what went wrong, I really thought I've already cried enough to become strong. But one kiss and we're back at this loop. The great loop of heartaches only I, seem to suffer.

Damn it. I'm so tired. This life really be giving me so much lemons I've thought I could handle, for every crumb it dropped for me to lick on the floor.

The air up above began suffocating my lungs so I changed to a pair of casual black shirt and over-worn ripped jeans, then put my rubber shoes on to take a walk at the woods nearby. As I was walking down the dry leaves scattered along the paved path to the deeper part, my ears caught a continuous hissing sound coming from behind.

The moment I turned around to check, a card nearly hit my right eye if I wasn't swift enough to dodge.

"As expected of you." A teasing voice came out of nowhere, and in spite of searching through gyo, I wasn't able to find the perpetrator's aura.

"Who's there?" I yelled back. "Show yourself!"

"Nice to finally meet you face to face." I felt a wave of electricity ran down my spine as soon as his warm breath touched the back of my ear. My reflexes took care of the situation and successfully landed a hit from a conjured small knife.

However, the person behind the shadow just licked their injured right arm like it was nothing. "You impress me day by day (Y/N). How about we practice here before the main event?"

"Y-you..." I gasped as I came to realize he was the caller who wanted to meet me at the top floors. Unfortunately, this side of the woods was too dark to get a glimpse of his whole appearance to prevent coming across with him in the future. If, there's a future.

"Show me what you got." He said and I can tell it's full of sarcasm. To my surprise, instead of coming straight for revenge, he spread his arms wide and remained standing a few meters up front, as if he's waiting for my moves. Since it would be embarrassing to run away, I have chosen to deal with the impending problem before Killua gets noticed by this creep.

I've leaped over the thick branches and conjured a few shurikens, (throwing star blades) infused with my nen to distract him whilst I went for the kįll using a narrow sword. However, he only welcomed everything on different parts of his body, despite getting his clothes torn apart, then clamped his palms on both sides of the sharp blade.

I set my feet back on the ground to add more force to my attack, till I've managed to reach his cheek. The thin rays of fading illumination coming from the Heavens Arena helped me see it, but his lack of appropriate reaction was putting me off.

"Oh, c'mon, why don't you go deeper?" He pulled my sword and çut himself, I swear I felt the end tapped his bone. It was so weird as if it's a trap, so I eventually had to back down and keep my distance from him.

"What are you

"What are you...?" I whispered and watched him come closer with that smirk on his plump lips. I was too mind blown by his endurance, I've never noticed his card coming right from my left, slashing my hair to a length just underneath my shoulders.

It didn't actually hit anything else but the sharp and extreme pain coming from my lower belly got me kneeling down on the small twigs and stones. The surge of blood streaming down my inner thighs got me confused for a second because my menstruation wasn't this intense. I was panting heavily when he suddenly appeared a few inches away, holding his joker card drenched with blood.

"You passed. But I guess you're not qualified anymore."

A/N:

Hello dear Readers, I apologize for the descriptions but hope you'll enjoy the update. Thank you for your support.^^