36

April 3rd
Friday
9:14 am

Reader Pov

What a weirdo...

I thought as I ran away from him. The examiner just announced he's going to lead us to another goal and keep our eyes peeled of the threats lurking around the wetlands.

The roads are slimy and hard even for my rubber shoes to grip on. Worse, the more we keep going forward, the more my surroundings become darker and foggy.

"Gon, let's go further to the frontline." I heard Killua suggested to a raven haired boy next to him.

"You're right. We can't lose sight of the examiner."

"Rather than that, we better stay far away from Hisoka. It's dangerous to be near him. I can tell by his scent."

"Ehh... mmm... I don't think so." The spiky-haired boy dressed in a pair of long-sleeved green coat and shorts opposed his observation then yelled, "Leorio! Kurapika! Killua said it's better to stay in frontline!"

"Oi! This kid doesn't even feel nervousness huh?" Killua muttered to himself and smiled in amusement. However, that good mood instantly faded when our eyes met. His normal gaze became glares and they were sent to me like raining daggers.

I bit my lower lip to suppress the pain squeezing my heart into a pulp. He's definitely mad at me and I couldn't even explain my side to the boy I cared for like my own.

His friends' responses passed through my ears like wind and left nothing behind. I kept thinking what if I stayed and watched out for the boy the whole time he is being punished.

Will my pregnancy remained intact or some unfortunate event will prevent the fetus from growing permanently? If only Hisoka was out of the picture, perhaps it wasn't that bad.

I flinched and slowed down when the group in front of me were bęheaded in a flash and disappeared from my blurry sight. I had to use Gyo to see through the thick fog and the real situation unfolded in front of my eyes.

"Ahhh!!!"

Random beasts feeding on the clueless candidates one after another through poison, tranquilizing powders and traps laid on some parts of the swamps. I was too distracted I forgot to check my surroundings and let a long neck beast to almost swallow Killua's new friend.

I was about to help him when someone grabbed my mouth shut and pulled me towards a nearby tree. Realizing it was the robotic tall guy made me gasp loudly. I initially thought he was planning something bad, but he only gestured for me to be quiet and pointed towards the back where another vicious upper half snake, lower half crocodile creature continued to devour people by relying with the sound they make.

I bowed down to show my appreciation and he nodded in return. To prevent any more casualties, I conjured metal cages to imprison the deadly animals without having to hurt them. Everything seemed to have calmed down besides the group where Hisoka is a part of.

Well, technically he's a prey being encircled by a couple of men with weapons aimed at him and he isn't even trying to escape from them. Deep in my heart I was rooting for them to succeed, although their lack of aura tells me this is one sided.

Unfortunately, they have no chance of kįlling a nen-user like him. And he displayed his savageness by taking all their lives in a swift motion. My eyes widened at the turn of events. He's now looking at me while licking the blood smudged into his Queen of Hearts card.

I moved as fast as I could and yet he caught my leg. It caused my knees to wobble and fell on the muddy ground. Some wet leaves even got on my lips and chin. I quickly turned around conjured a sharp blade to cut over the nen-rope he used, however, I only got my dagger stuck on it.

"Did you know...?" Hisoka hovered over my body and smirked as he licked the mud off of my lips, "Bungee gum possesses both properties of rubber and gum."

I attempted to slap him but he caught my hand and did the same on my fingers. The lewd act sent shivers down my spine and to mask it off, I slashed his face with the blade I conjured earlier.

There's no way he won't get pissed about it yet he only chuckled after wiping the blood off.

"You passed... again." He stated and ran his curious gaze down my disheveled black hooded shirt, then stopped above my tummy. "Looks like we have more time to play this time around."

A/N:

I'm so sorry for the wait, and I hope you'll enjoy the update. Thank you everyone.^^