9

July 1st
9:51 pm

Reader Pov

I woke up coughing and vomiting water. Then I've come to realize I have survived my suįcide attempt without even lifting a finger. How did that happen, I have no freaking clue. I was all alone and yet I found myself laying on the tiled floor instead of the bathtub. Weird. However, no matter how I tried to recall everything, my head just hurts like it was being squeezed.

A couple of minutes later, my phone's ringtone derailed my train of thoughts. I ignored it at first, hoping that the caller will eventually give up. I was so wrong. To prevent my neighbors on sending me complaints, I dragged my unwilling naked body out and answered the annoyingly persistent call. "Hell-o," the acid from my throat caused my voice to croak, "who's this?"

"(Y/N) darling oh I missed your amazing voice, how have you been? We don't talk anymore."

I had chosen to cut the call in a heartbeat, took my simcard out and crushed it using the brute force of my fist. I dashed to my narrow closet and grabbed a white cotton robe and tied the ropes messily while rushing towards the bed to take my emergency bag where I put all necessary stuff I will need on the road. To escape again.

"Ahem. I expect no less from my favorite disciple."

I think I just had a mini heart attack after seeing this old pervert blocking my path, still holding his phone. "C-Chairman Netero—"

"Netero is fine, and may I know where you're off to?" He said as if he doesn't know I'm gonna avoid his pervy ass.

"Anywhere but here." I pouted. "And I'm not your disciple."

"You never changed." He disregarded my rudeness as usual but returned it the way I hate the most. Running his lewd gaze on my slightly disheveled robe. Especially on the chest area. "So you prefer mentor?" He grinned, "... or savior, rather?"

"Technically, you're not the one who healed my wounds that time—"

"Yes, but that person was a hunter under my command. And I'm responsible for every bit of your knowledge of nen." I can only roll my eyes because he's correct. However, it doesn't erase the fact that he have sęxually harassed me at every chance he got. "Anyway, that's not the reason why I've come here."

I frowned at him. "Don't tell me..."

"No, no, of course not gonna seduce you or something, though it's very tempting," He chuckled softly, "I need you to be my escort on a special party I'm going to attend. Be sure to mark your calendar on July 7th."

"Can't you just ask another person?" I'm not even a hunter so I doubt it's necessary—"

"It is. Believe me, there's no one hotter than you. Ho ho ho, I want all eyes on me once I arrive at the hotel."

"You already get that treatment being a Chairman," I let out a deep sigh of frustration. I know he'll never gonna let me out of this crap so I end up agreeing, but on my terms. "Okay I'll go but on several conditions, no grabbing on any private area no matter what your lame excuse is."

"Perfect."

•••

Silva Pov

I went straight on Killua's bedroom upon arrival. The last thing I'd want was Killua blabbering about his recent target in front of everyone at the dining table tomorrow. That could affect the kids. Especially Kikyo.

"Killua may I come in?" I called. It took me to knock three times before my protégée opened the door, scratching his sleepy eyes. "Can we talk?" He only nodded and widened the doorway. I shut it close and locked to be sure no one could barge in without permission. "Killua, about today—"

"Father, please don't tell me you kįlled (Y/N)... when you told me to leave."

"No, of course not." I hunkered down and ruffled his fluffy silver hair, "(Y/N was a friend back when I was still young and I'm glad you didn't take her life."

"Because I like her. She's nice and her cake tastes great."

"Indeed." I smiled at him, "you may visit her but only if you keep this a secret between us." I said and bit a thumb to propose a blood pact. Killua did the same and we pressed our fingers together.

"I promise."

A/N:

A/N:

Hi dear readers, I hope you enjoyed the chapter and thank you for your support.^^