2

Silva Pov

"You're late." To my surprise, father opened the door for me as soon as I've arrived at our mansion, atop the Kukuroo Mountain an hour after (Y/N) and I agreed to elope to an island I secretly bought with my own hard-earned money in a few days because I needed to plan our great escape so my own family won't be able to trace our tracks.

Truth be told, I don't easily feel tired because I have been trained to withstand days of sleep deprivation, different types of poisons and lack of food for survival but his facial expression got me sighing in exhaustion. I don't even have to hear the rest of it. His fierce facial expression alone had already gotten me mentally drained.

"Where have you been?" He asked with that calculating stare again. I'm aware he's already suspecting I'd lie, yet I still went for it.

"Mission number sixty nine." I replied and stepped forward to sneak past his short frame yet he spread his right arm to prevent me from entering the meter wide, rocky hallway.

The job he made me do, despite the target's wife being pregnant and is about to give birth a month later. That's why I came to seek (Y/N)'s comfort at the first place. My missions are starting to take their toll on my mental state and it's getting out of hand.

"I'm warning you Silva, you have a responsibility to continue our bloodline and line of business. So you can only fulfill your destiny with a partner of equal status and abilities that we as elders will pick for you."

"Yeah. I've heard that before..." I mumbled to myself, then let out an exasperated sigh. "Is that all?"

"Silva!" I caught him gritting his teeth and his aura spiked in anger. "Avoid that woman at all costs or I'll be forced to take a necessary action!"

Hearing his threat pushed me to lose my composure and flew into a rage, however,he was swift enough to send me soaring over the surrounding trees down the cliff, using that troublesome dragon technique.

"Silva!" I've heard a familiar female voice yelled before I landed on the river,still being viciously attacked by the stupid aura that hasn't dissipated at all. Until another aura shot it directly off of me. It created a huge explosion at the woods close by and the ground shook for a bit.

"Are you alright?!" Kikyo offered her hand to help me get up but I declined. The little chunk left of my pride doesn't want to humiliate myself further than this.

"Silva, I'm not your enemy." I frowned at the raven-haired beautiful woman from head to toe, wearing a traditional plain black Kimono, waist wrapped with white band adorned with purple rope and wooden slippers.

"To be honest, I am against this arrangement as well." She smiled and offered her handkerchief to wipe my face. "I just had no other choice because I've been living all alone in my hometown and I didn't wish to be affiliated with normal citizens in fear of getting judged. So I've agreed with your father's terms when he personally came to me at the Meteor City."

"Forgive me Kikyo. I'm already in love with someone else." I said in a stern way. I figured it would be better to be honest and straightforward about it rather than beat around the thorny bush and get myself stung in the process.

"Ouch." She giggled. "Don't worry, I'm not gonna force myself to you."

I felt my forehead creased at her quick response and opposite of what I'm thinking. "You're not upset?" I asked just to make sure I'm not imagining things.

"Of course I am. Because I really like it here but don't get me wrong, I won't push my limits. It's not like I'm in a hurry to marry." She let out that sweet smile again and I finally took a sigh of relief. "You can trust me on whatever plan you have in mind."

A/N:

Hi to all Readers and I hope you'll enjoy this update. Thank you for your support.(≧∀≦)