53

A/N:

Please read carefully because you might get confused since the part where the "THEIR PLAN" that will be mentioned in this chapter was a surprise so I didn't mention it at the last chapter to prevent spoiling the plot twist.

I hope you'll enjoy and thank you for your support that motivates me to write.^^

April 11th
Sunday
12:05 pm

Reader Pov

"Let's go. It's dangerous to stay here—" Silva gently held my forearm but I pulled it back.

 It's dangerous to stay here—" Silva gently held my forearm but I pulled it back

"Leave me alone." I had to save what's left of my pride and dashed away from him to get myself together.

It was a mistake to believe he was really that naive like we thought, yet to prove a point, I'll do my best to gather unshakable evidence of their adultery to get him busy and leave with my daughter amidst the chaos.

Pure evil... well that's because the truth always hurt. I thought.

As I was running through the woods back to Zoldyck property, Tsubone startled me. I pretended she was just a wind passing through for the reason that no matter how disappointed I am on how things went down, back in my mind, I know she didn't mean this to happen.

But it's still annoying that she has no solid proof and neither do I.

"Master Silva quite did a scene back there. I assume he believed you?" Tsubone spoke with a suppressed smile and it got my eyes rolling in frustration. "I told you our plan will work."

"On the contrary, it's the opposite. And that bombing you "never mentioned" wasn't necessary." I glared at her playful smirk.

"No worries. That ship was reportedly transporting abducted children to another country to sell their organs so I destroyed it before the shipping crates were wheeled in. Two birds in one stone."

"Yeah with me on it. I didn't think you'd do that while I was literally at the bow and there were people nearby."

"I know you'd say that so I had my granddaughter to collect them into a safe spot before I blew it up."

"Wow, since when did y'all assassins grew a heart for other people?" I raised a brow at her unbelievable story.

"We're not monsters (Y/N). Humans will die at any point in time. It's a hundred percent certainty. The difference was there's no personal grudge like most people. It's just business for the Zoldycks."

"What a nice way to justify what y'all do." I sarcastically said and stopped for a moment of rest. "Whatever. You do you and no matter what happens, I'll stop my daughter to walk that dark path. She deserves to live like a normal child in a normal community."

"Not unless you kick the Mistress out of the picture because she's definitely going to replace you as a mother or dispose Sylvia in a bag. (Y/N), you have no idea how good she was at manipulating strong and not to mention, clever people."

"Unfortunately I do. But we can't do anything right now."

"It'll be hard for me but you can."

"I don't think so—"

"My plan B might work if you cooperate."

"I'm listening."

"Give me at least a week to find a way to convince Master Silva on checking any of the children's genetic code. However, you need to make things easier by leaving because the Mistress only had let her guard down when you left."

"Y'all want me to disappear that much huh."

"Not me and whether you believe it or not, that's what I truly feel." She had spoken with empathy on her voice and handed me a bundle of money that I refused.

"It's alright. I have more than enough. Remember, only one week. I'll come wrecking that place again if you're going to betray me in the end."

Five days later ...

April 16th
Friday
6:00 am

Reader Pov

I wanted to give Tsubone more time to execute her goal but getting no report for days made me very anxious. So I called her early in the morning before I get crazy from lack of proper sleep for days.

"Hello," Tsubone finally responded after awhile and whispered, "Can you be more impatient than this? It the busiest time of the day for us."

"You promised to keep me posted." I retorted and pull the curtains in my apartment open to let the chilly breeze inside my bedroom. The weather is nice and all but my emotions are all entangled, too occupied to appreciate the breathtaking sunrise.

"Please understand that I'm in a tight spot here because the target has latched herself to the host and I can't get pass her line of vision. She literally canceled every mission to keep him inside the castle to make sure you can't sway him on giving back his daughter."

"I can't wait forever for this shįt."

"I still have one more option under my sleeve." Tsubone's voice changed from whispering to a more confident tone so I assumed she has left the house.

"I don't think it'll work as well. Let's be real. This whole thing feels like a drama on tv. I'm totally done with this bullshįt."

"Wait, just hear me out. I swear this will
be the last." She immediately begged and continued, "... aren't you in good terms with a VIP in Hunter Association?" Tsubone's question got my wavering attention.

"Why not ask Dr. Lee of Fānlīn Medical College directly? Master Zeno hired him to do Artificial Insemination decades ago. He may have retired soon after, but I heard his daughter has now replaced his spot in the medical field."