18

SIX YEARS LATER...

April 1st
Wednesday
11:35 am

Reader Pov

"Sylvia!" I called my five year old daughter at the wide, grassy backyard, who looks more like a boy with his short wavy silver hair and loves dressing in hooded shirts and shorts than our next door neighbor named Illumi, whom on the other hand I thought was a woman due to his style of clothing and long, silky raven-black hair—when I first saw him deliver a box of pizza at our one-door-apartment by mistake.

She was born at the strike of twelve pm and has been delivered soon after my water broke at the nearest park while I was taking my daily walk dressed in a long-sleeved and ankle-long, stretchable black A-line cotton dress.

The male doctor inside the ambulance a random passerby called for help got shocked when the baby's head suddenly popped out of my womanhood, along with her tiny body on the edge of the stretcher, the very moment they slide the portable bed into the vehicle.

Those tough times would've been harder if not for my new neighbors who were literally angels for checking us out regularly and bringing healthy food for me to get necessary nutrients from, now that I have to feed my child organically.

Having all hands on deck, I managed to cope with being a single mother on a very energetic daughter. That may be a good thing because Sylvia hasn't gotten sick ever since she came out into the world, but she will definitely get me kįlled in a heart attack someday, whenever she gets too adventurous.

Sylvia, whose named is derived from the word "determined" and the lucky seven, was about to celebrate her birthday in the park, where our neighbors can enjoy all the food and games I've prepared with the help of Illumi earlier.

"Sylvia, where are you?!" I yelled again, while jogging over the pavement to search for her out in the open, so that I could get her a change of clothes for this special day. It was a bit odd that my daughter isn't answering me at all, because I just told her to stay inside the house till I finish putting all trays of spaghetti, fried chicken, chunks of ham and sausages, marshmallows and chocolate fountain out there.

I started to worry and in just a few minutes later, extreme anxiety kicked in. I went back to the park and asked everyone but they all had no idea she was even missing.

"Don't worry too much." The mother of five male kids living in one of the rooms on our floor squeezed my hands to comfort my panicking soul. "I'm sure she's just out there playing somewhere and will come back here like nothing happened like always."

"Thank you... I hope so." I put up a smile even though every nerve in my body were in disharmony. My mind was afloat as I listen to the fading infant and toddlers' voices at the background, thinking where my daughter could've gone off to without permission.

"It's better if we all cover different directions and call the police for help in a wider scale," said the oldest brunette living at our apartment, "try recalling her favorite hiding places."

"O-okay..." I breathed in and out to calm my shaking body, "I'll inform everyone by phone."

My legs began sprinting towards the school as I glide next to the cars, shouting her name constantly, holding on the thought that Sylvia has possibly invited her classmates on her party, despite the classes are ongoing and birthday wasn't a valid excuse for her absence.

However, after confirming she hasn't shown over there, my heart sank so deep I've lost hope to find her myself. I rushed back to our apartment, bathing in sweat and tears. I am praying hard that this was a mere prank being pulled off on me, but the sight of one of her black sneakers laying on the ground at the back alley shocked me.

A/N:

I'm so sorry for the time jump again but there's a request that will be uncovered in the future to explain this. Thank you for understanding and support.^^

^^