37

I'm so sorry for the wait, my ideas show up on a couple of chapters ahead of this so I'm having a hard time to connect them to this chapter.

April 3rd
Friday
9:35 am

Reader Pov

"How dare you! Let me go!" I gritted my teeth and put more effort on conjuring metal bars that swirled all around his limbs and neck, just to scare him. However, as much as I hate to admit it, Hisoka doesn't seem to feel pain no matter how hard they squeeze.

He just stared at me in like... silent wonder.

At long last, he decided to remove his rubber strings off of my body as I did the same to him. My hair and whole body underneath were smudged by wet grass and mud but I didn't care about how I look right now.

"See you later (Y/N). Make sure you survive the next phase as well or else this game will be boring to play."

"Don't boss me around." I responded with conviction as I wiped the dirt out of my cheeks and lips, with the back of my hand. "I'm not your slave, nor a toy to entertain yourself with."

"Oh~" he smirked devilishly. "But you will be, it's just a matter of time."

"You're too full of yourself." I scoffed.

"You did not just fuçk a married man but you actually pursued him at his own home; full of assassins." He lifted the ring I tried to hide from sight by hanging it in a long, platinum necklace connected in small but thick chains I conjured myself, to prevent Silva from seeing it on my finger. "... confirms that you're attracted to danger and powerful men."

"Things aren't that simple!" I blushed and pushed him off of my private space and crawled backwards. As soon as I was able to stand up, I ran like my life depends on it after recalling the Examiner's warning.

I did reach the goal but I wasn't the first one to do so. The bald man, pin robot and Killua were already waiting atop the winding hill covered with thick forest.

How did he even knew about my past relationship with Silva? I huffed and erased the weird ideas I had in mind, such as him having a hidden cam planted in my room at the Heavens Arena.

My thoughts were interrupted by loud candidates that came in groups half an hour later, panting in exhaustion and some of them were even crawling on the ground, just to meet the deadline. Killua's friends aren't among them and I expected him to be worried, however, the bored look on his pale face suggested the opposite.

I probably should've helped them earlier. That could've been my saving grace. Damn it, a golden opportunity already gone because of that jerk.

Luckily, even if it took the children the last minute, they arrived in time and that's all that matters. Their half-naked uncle however, had been carried like a sack of rice by Hisoka, ahead of the other two. I wondered what happened yet I don't have that deep of an urge to approach and ask that guy. Not when that pink-haired creep was standing and smiling at me next to him.

I thought my suffering has finally ended at least for awhile, but when the next Examiners; one was a tall man with childlike facial features and wide waistline named Buhara, and the other was a fine lady dressed in cropped and transparent clothing named Menchi whom appears to be Gourmet Hunters.

Having a bit of knowledge about food since I've used to travel on different countries and tasted various cuisines being offered by mafia syndicates because of my convenient ability, gave me a good amount of confidence that I can pull this off. If only the big guy didn't demand for us to find a pig of any kind in the forest where Hisoka could easily stalk me, hidden or not.

"(Y/N), I would like to offer a proposition."

And there he goes. I sighed mentally and faced him to refuse, however, Hisoka showed me his Bungee gum wrapped around a candidate's neck. It was loose at the moment so the stout, middle aged man who offered his drink at the earlier phase has no idea what was going on.

"That's just low of you to blackmail me of people I don't even care about."

"Fufufu..." he chuckled softly and smirked at me. "Would you prefer that boy instead?" He pointed his index finger and attempted to attack Killua's energetic black-haired friend while the group were walking cluelessly towards the other side of the vast area.

"What do have in that dirty mind of yours?" I hope he won't ask for me to kiss him this time around or worse...

"Let's have a race on who can catch the order first then I'll decide of my prize afterwards."