21

A/N:

Sorry for the wait. I forgot to post last night. Hope you'll enjoy and thank you for the support.^^

⚠️ Same timeline with
Illumi's Pov, two chapters prior.

April 1st
Wednesday
8:13 pm

Reader Pov

"Illumi why are you doing this!" I have a feeling he will never get to hear me but it won't hurt trying. Unfortunately, instead of calming my daughter down, he attempted to stab her with a long pin and that alone got my blood boiling.

I shot him with those rotating conjured knives one by one yet he dodged them all with ease. Such a well-trained young man he is. In another circumstance I'd be proud but using his skills to deceive and hurt people were totally unacceptable.

I had the upper hand the first couple of minutes, keeping Illumi strictly on defense. He constantly glide through air with grace and precision that I had forgotten about the cramped surroundings we are in. It could've been a deciding factor to his decision to up his game.

Pins flew all over the place and since I wasn't thinking about anything else than my daughter's safety, my conjured aura seamlessly protected her from the impending harm. However, doing this the first time had it's disadvantages. I had no idea that physical weapons can actually hurt me once they manage to hit the nen guardian.

I just ignored the excruciating pain on my left side, just above the waist and upper abdomen, finally catching Illumi off-guard when the aura conjured multiple spears and simultaneously charge towards his direction, covering every possible escape route.

A few successfully landed onto his legs and right shoulder joints, no matter how strong his defensive barrier. I'm guessing that's because the weapons were one hundred percent made out of nen. Too bad my injuries are messing the connection and I'm slowly losing the sight of Sylvia, crying behind the crimson red couch.

"That's it (Y/N)! There's no point if you'll die before you could save her!" Netero's thundering voice brought my attention back to my original location and the connection broke just like that. I panted and slumped onto the carpeted floor, letting him look into my wounds caused by the two pins still stuck in my skin. "I have to bring you to the hospital. Your spleen could've been hit or worse, your stomach."

"Sylvia, my baby... help her please!" I grab ahold onto his forearm while I try to calm myself to prevent more blood spilling out of my body.

"I will!"

He carried me out and in just a blink of an eye, we arrived on the nearest hospital where the doctors treated me right away. I was still mouthing the same phrase over and over again, in case Netero's ears have gone deaf due to his age. The sight of him standing behind the surgeon is somewhat preventing the anesthesia on kicking in.

"What the fu... are you... still doing here... she needs... you..." I'm literally panting for my life here and I can't believe Netero wasn't taking the problem seriously. He even had the audacity to wink at the flustered young nurses on standby.

Stupid pervert! I'm going to kįll you too if something happens to her!

"I know you're pissed. But you need to worry about yourself. She's being taken care of and the kid won't be happy once she learns that her mother dįed from a mere sewing pin."