Out Of My Grasp

"I'll text back everyday! I swear I won't forget you!" Was what her best friend said before he moved.

I sighed I had been waiting for his reply for at least 2 weeks now. "How is he doing? Did he forget about me?" It had been a year and a half since he had moved. He kept up with her daily until the last few months.

I decided to send him a text anyway. This time he replied

Gusion
Heyyyyyy Lesley!
Sorry I've been busy >_<

Lesley
Oh that's fine!
Anything interesting happen lately?

Gusion
Oh yeah definitely!

Lesley
Well?
Tell me about it!
I'm waiting lol

Gusion
Umm sooooo...
There's this girl

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lesley's heart dropped as she read that text. She didn't know what to think. She always had feelings for him even before he had moved away. Nonetheless she still replied to her best friend.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lesley
Oh ho? 😏

Gusion
Don't give me that look! >///-\\\<

Lesley
Haha! Go on tell me more.

Gusion
Well she's really sweet...
I want to ask her out but I'm not sure if she'll accept my feelings 😖

Lesley
Oh you big chicken just confess to her!
Besides if she does reject you it's her loss.
Don't worry you can do it!
I'm here cheering you on ^-^

Gusion
Hey! I'm not a chicken!
And you know what you're right I will confess to her.
I'll do it tomorrow wish me luck!

Lesley
Lol good luck!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I set aside my phone feeling dejected and tears already flowing down my cheeks. I grabbed my pillow and sobbed into it. It hurt to know that he would look at someone else with affection in his eyes. Someone else to hold and say I love yous to.

"You big dummy I love you." I whispered knowing he'll never hear those words from me.

My phone beeped and he screen glowed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gusion
Hey Lesley?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sat up as I saw who the text was from giving me a bit of hope.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lesley
What is it Gus?

Gusion
I just wanted to say
Thank you.
Thank you for being here for me :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My heart dropped again as the my last hope died out. "So he just wanted to thank me..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lesley
Yeah no problem bestie :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I turned off my phone and started sobbing again. "Why did I not have the courage to tell him? Why was I such a coward. Now he's going to be someone else's." I smiled bitterly "I hope you'll be happy with that someone."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My eyes were swollen when I woke up. I had to convince Harley that I was fine, I had to lie and say that one of my favorite characters in some show died and I spent the whole night moping about it. He was quite skeptical but believed me anyway.

Once I got to school all I could think about was conversation I had with Gusion last night. It still hurt and I was desperately trying to hide it. I wasn't too good at hiding it since some of my friends took notice.

"Lessss, Lesssss, hey Les!" Someone was snapping their fingers in front of my face.

"Huh? Oh hey sorry Layla." I apologized to the blonde pigtailed girl.

She let out a sigh "Are you alright? You seem out of it today." She asked flashing me a worried look

I gave her the same excuse I gave to Harley and reassured her I was fine.

"Yeah right. I'm not falling for that. You never get so distracted with a fictional character's death that you ignore me for a whole 5 minutes." She narrowed her eyes and crossed her arms "Tell me what's wrong."

I sighed as I knew I wasn't getting away from this that easily "Fine..." I took a deep breath and told her what had happened last night.

Her face shifted to pity and worry "Les..." She leaned in and hugged me "It's going to be alright. I'm sure he won't forget you so don't you worry about it."

I sighed "I hope you're right. I just wish I was the one who was confessing my feelings right now."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gusion
Omg Les!
Les!
Les!
Les!!!!!

Lesley
Chill!!!!
What's wrong?

Gusion
So you know how you told me to confess?

Lesley
Yeah? Go on.

Gusion
She said yes!

Lesley
Whoa really?!
Attaboy! I told you, you could do it!

Gusion
Thank you for your pep talk I really mean it! 😊

Lesley
Of course!

Gusion
If you ever need help confessing just know I'll be here for you too! 😄

Lesley
Uh sure
Now go don't keep your lady waiting

Gusion
See ya!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I turned off my phone and put it aside. Gusion was now officially someone else's. I cursed my cowardice once again.

It had cost me my one and only and I only had myself to blame.

A/N: There will not be a part 2 to this :D And as for the girl Gusion asked out? Up to you to decide who :P