Trial

A orb hidden amongst the trees find that and you will pass.

A orb? Gusion rolled his eyes it hadn't even been half an hour and he'd already found it. The orb was encased in a fancy stone carving out in the open with no trap or sensors guarding it. At first he was skeptical but it was evident as he got closer that there was nothing. It was as if the orb had a sign above it saying "Take me! I'm here!"

"What sort of trial is this?" He muttered to himself.

He reached out to take the orb but just as he was about to touch it, it was gone. He blinked and rubbed his eyes. But his surprise didn't last for long as he heard rustling behind him and footsteps. He turned his head just in time to see magenta hair disappearing into the foliage.

He cursed under his breath and gave chase. Someone had stolen the orb from right under his nose.

He ran out from the area and spotted a familiar magenta hair curving around another tree. He followed cursing under his breath. Whoever they were, they were fast.

He managed to catch up to the thief but just as he was about to grab them, they turned around.

He was stunned as he was met with a woman wearing an eyepatch. He didn't have much time to take in the details on her face as he was swiftly thrown back. He slammed against a tree and slumped down "What in the world just happened?" He groaned as he rubbed the back of his head.

She quickly took off again before he could recover. He clicked his tongue in annoyance as he got up and followed.

After a while he caught up again but this time he marked her with a dagger. She turned around to use the same trick but before she could even throw her grenade he had dashed behind her and knocked her down.

"Not again." He said pinning her to the ground "Do you really think I would fall for the same thing twice?" He asked rolling his eyes

She turned her head and looked him straight in the eye before smirking "No. But I've got one more trick up my sleeve." She elbowed him in the ribs before pulling out the orb.

"Harley!" She called before chucking the orb to a kid with blonde hair who appeared just in time to catch the flying orb.

"Got it!" The kid grinned before disappearing leaving a hat on a staff

Gusion groaned "For the love of— There we're two of you?!"

He took out two daggers and plunged them into the woman's clothes making sure she wouldn't be able to get up without help before setting off on another chase.

As he left the blonde boy appeared back at the hat. He snickered as he watch the brunette run off to god knows where. "Sis!" His eyes darted to his sister who was patiently waiting for him to stop laughing.

Harley ran over an proceeded to pull out one of the daggers with much effort. After the first dagger was out Lesley was able to take care of the other. She gave him a warm smile as she patted his head "Thank you Harls."

"Sis what next?" He asked handing the orb over to his sister.

"We wait him out. He'll give up eventually." She answered dusting herself off.

The young boy pouted "But that's boring! Come on sis let's mess around with him or something! We never do anything fun when we're testing people."

"Harley. It's better safe than sorry." Lesley replied ruffling his hair.

The magician pouted again and swatted his sister's hand away from his hair. He was about to put his hat back on but an idea came to him.

"Hey sis."