Red Packets

"Gusion! Harley! Stop fighting and finish up the red packets!" I shouted from the kitchen.

"But sis! He's making fun of my hair!" Harley whined

"Like you aren't guilty of that! You started it!" Gusion shot back

I sigh and put down the ladle I had been using to stir the soup with. My hands made it's way to my temples, I was starting to get a headache from their childish bickering.

"Why do I have a childish brother and a lover that's equally as childish?" I muttered to myself.

"If you both don't stop fighting I'm going to make sure you both don't get dessert tonight." I shout taking my hands off my temples and picking up the ladle again.

I didn't hear another word signaling they heard my threat. I sigh again as I gave the soup one last stir before turning off the heat and letting it simmer. The doorbell rang as I took off my apron. I walked toward the door and opened it. Our friends had shown up for the party.

(Fanny, Claude, Miya, Alucard, Nana, Harith, Cyclops, Angela, Lylia, Clint, Layla.)

"Hey Les! Happy Lunar New Year!" Miya chipped

I smiled at the group "Happy New Year you all come on in." I said as I ushered them all inside.

They made themselves at home in the living room. The house was now filled with chatter instead of bickering, it was lively.

Nana, Hairth, Cyclops, Angela, and Lylia all rushed to Harley dragging him away from Gusion which he happily lets them do.

Gusion grabs the red packets and head over to me. "Hey."

"Are you done with them?" I asked looking at the envelopes in his hand.

He grinned "Yup." Handing me the envelops.

I pecked him on the cheeks as I grabbed the envelopes "Thanks."

"The adults are on the bottom and the kids are on top." He quickly adds as a light tint of red was found on his cheeks.

"How thoughtful." I giggled "Go enjoy yourself hon I need to finish up in the kitchen." I said giving him another peck but this time on the lips.

His tint of red now more visible as he turns his head to join the others. I put the red packets in my pockets as I walked back into the kitchen to finish preparing the food.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"All those in favor for truth of dare raise your hands. All those in favor for never have I ever keep your hands down." Fanny shouted

Instantly five hands shot up. I gave Gusion a dirty look as he was one of the five that rose his hand up. He shot me a smirk and mouthed

"Sorry."

I narrowed my eyes at him and mouthed back.

"Liar."

He chuckled lightly and cleared his throat. "So truth of dare it is."

Layla and I groaned "This is so not going to be fun." She muttered to me. I nodded my head in agreement.

"We need a bottle someone go get one." Fanny said

"Got it." Claude replied holding out a bottle and placing it in the middle.

"Wait lets add a rule." Alucard said with a devilish smile on his face. "You can skip your truth or dare but you have to drink a shot in return." He gestures to the drinks. "If you don't do a dare properly or lie on truth you'll have to drink as well."

"Alucard you can't drink you're our designated driver." Miya said with an equally devilish smile "Does that mean you'll never lie and do every dare that comes your way?"

Alucard's face went pale as soon as he realized what he put himself up for. "I take—"

"No you can't." I cut him off. "You're seeing this to the end." I turned my head toward Miya and gave her a wink. I knew what she wanted to ask him.

She covered her mouth and before she could start laughing and gave me a grateful look.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So who do you like?" Miya asked

Alucard stayed silent as his face turned bright red. He looked anywhere but Miya.

"Dude just spit it out we don't have all day." Gusion whined

I slapped his arm and gave him a glare silencing him.

"And remember you can't lie." Layla giggled

"I-it's Miya..."

As soon as the words left the blonde's mouth everyone started hooting and punching his arm.

Miya smirked and crept over to him "Do you really mean that?" She teased putting an arm around him.

He nodded and the poor man's face was now red like a tomato.

I chuckled and looked at the clock. It was almost time for everyone to go. I got up and went around handing the red packets I had in my pocket. "Happy Lunar New Year everyone!"

Gusion got up and did the same. He stopped in front of me and handed me one too. I gave him a confused look but he just smiled and walked away.

I stuffed the red packet into my pocket and felt something hard scrape my leg. I pulled out the red packet again and stared at it. Bills did not feel like metal. Feeling something off I opened the red packet and shook whatever it was into my hand. Out popped a ring with a blue gemstone. I stared at it in shock.

Everyone else turned their head toward Gusion who now had a rose in his hands. He walked over toward me and stopped in front of me.

"Will you marry me Lesley Vance?"

The shock melted being replaced with joy. "Yes! Yes you big idiot!" I shouted throwing my arms around his neck. Our lips met and then the cheering came.

"Boooooo lame proposal Gusion!" Clint yelled out.

He ignored him as we continued our kiss. We pulled back catching our breaths.

"I love you Lesley."

"I love you too."

"Cheesy!" Fanny called out

She got a slipper thrown at her head, courtesy from me.

A/N: If anyone's wondering the gemstone this time was Kaynite :D