Reality

I blinked at my ceiling recalling old memories. Where had I gone wrong? She had ended things so abruptly and told me that it wasn't my fault.

"It isn't your fault Gusion. I'm the one who decided to move. You did nothing wrong."

Bullshit.

I could tell she was holding back tears. All I could ask her was "Why"

I sighed as I closed my eyes hoping to catch some sleep. Instead I just tossed an turned in bed. It was still bright outside but I didn't feel like getting up.

I opened my eyes and reached for my phone deciding that sleep wouldn't come anytime soon. As soon as the screen lit up my eyes focused on the date.

February 14. Valentines Day.

I rolled my eyes and huffed as if I even had one today. I had to cancel my reservation and the roses.

Wait. February 14?

I sat up and dialed her annoying brother's number.

"Please leave a message after the beep. Beeeeeep" I hung up the call and got up. The little brat definitely wouldn't answer my call. I would have to go to him myself. In a hurry to get to her place I stubbed my toe on the door but I ignored it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"She left for the train station already." Her brother scowled at me upon my arrival "You'll have to catch up."

Without saying goodbye I dashed out of there hitting my foot on the door. All I wanted to do was see her, maybe convince her to come back and not leave.

I missed her.

I ran and stopped at a crosslight. A feeling of uneasiness swept through me. I had to see her now. As soon as the lights turn green I ran across, I didn't stop until I reached the train station. I swiped my card and entered aware that I was looking like a madman.

Harley had 'graciously' sent me what platform she was on via text. I searched the crowd wildly and a familiar head of magenta graced my eyes. I ran towards it just as a train pulled into the station.

"Lesley!" The magenta haired lady didn't seem to hear me or she was ignoring me.

"Lesley!" I tried again she was now at the entrance.

Without thinking I launched myself at her hugging her from behind "Lesley!"

"Gusion?!" She yelped in surprise "Let go I need to go."

I shook my head "Please stay. We need to talk before you decide to disappear on me."

She chuckled dryly "I'm not going disappear. You know we have phones for a reason?"

I pulled her off the train and turned her around. She looked as beautiful as the day we met. "We might drift apart and I don't want that."

She had no reply and just looked into my eyes searching for the reason I came and made her miss her train.

"Lesley I'm sorry. I'm sorry I couldn't be a better boyfriend. I know this is selfish but if you stay I will do anything to make it up to you." I pleaded

She rolled her eyes "Gusion I told you it's not your fault. Name one reason why you think we broke because of you?"

"I'm conceited. Yea I don't like admitting it but I am. Sometimes. I don't do the cooking and you end up making all the food." The list went on and on as I rambled.

Finally she bursted our laughing. I was confused didn't she want me to list why I thought I was a bad boyfriend? Why was she laughing?

"Haaaaah I'm sorry Gusion that was just too funny." she said her laughter dying down "If you think those things make you a bad boyfriend, well technically some of the things you listed were definitely not boyfriend material but Gusion we all have flaws and that doesn't make you a bad boyfriend. In fact I found half those things on your list adorable."

I know I turned a deep shade a red from the look she gave me but she continued on nonetheless "Gusion I left because I thought I was inadequate for you. And I had gotten a job elsewhere. I wanted to take some time off to work on myself and maybe grow my career. Plus you might find someone better than me while I'm gone."

"Lesley I'll never find someone better than you. I like you just the way you are and no other woman can change that." I took in a breath and let out the last words.

"I love you and only you."

She stood staring at me for a while but I close the distance and embraced her. She stiffened but soon enough melted into my hug.

"I love you too Gusion but..."

The next words that came out of her mouth made my blood run ice cold.

I felt the world shatter as I was brought back to the reality I didn't want to accept.

"I'm dead."

I watched as the scene morphed. I stood at the cross light I had ran past. Red and blue flashed and sirens were heard. She was lying on the dark asphalt her body lie motionless and blood oozed out and onto the cold floor she was lying in. Her phone was shattered and was open.

I don't know why but I took a step forward toward her phone instead of her. Her phone was opened to her calls and my name was at the very top.

"That's right this is your reality."

I whipped my head around to see a reanimated version of the bloodied Lesley.

I woke up to my phone alarm going off. With tears cascading down my face I reached over to shut the alarm off not before catching the word 'Anniversary'

She was gone. I had been in denial for a whole year.

A/N: *Smiles innocently*

Anywayyyyy here's something to lighten the mood ;v;