Masquerade

"A masquerade?" I repeated.

"Yes Gusion a masquerade this evening. I want you to take your fiancée with you." my father replied

I clicked my tongue to his reply and turned to leave. I already didn't like this I would have to listen to her whine all night.

"Gusion you won't back out from this. Don't think I don't know about you sneaking out to play with blades. And you know what I'll do." He said in a firm and threatening tone.

I stopped "Yeah yeah old man." I mumbled as I continued walking.

I made my way to my room and opened my drawer taking out my pouch with my daggers and made my way out the window.

I went out to the the forest behind the mansion that confined me. I reached my destination and a familiar voice called out.

"One shot one kill." A cold metal met the back of my head. A smirk made its way on my face.

"Oh please Vance you know who it is."

I felt the metal leave my head and heard a light chuckle that sounded like music to my ears.

"I can't believe you're still sneaking out like this. What did your father do this time?" She asked

I turned around to face the sniper who was now leaning on a tree with her arms crossed and a smug smile on her face. That smile irked me a bit but in a good way.

"He wants time to take my fiancée to the masquerade we're hosting tonight." A sigh escaped my lips.

She rolled her eyes "You mean the girl who wears frills like her life depends on it?"

I laughed out loud "Yes that one."

She laughed along with me "Have fun with that."

"Are you coming? I mean my father invited your family." I said after I stopped laughing.

"I don't know. If Harley's going then I will too."

My eye twitched when that name was mentioned. Her brother was annoying and definitely didn't like me. He once followed his sister here gave me the stink eye the whole entire time. He even casted a bunch of spells to throw my training off all while his sister wasn't looking. I didn't get how she adored that little devil.

"Gusion?" I snapped out of my thoughts finding myself staring at her face that was a bit too close.

I smirked and wrapped my arms around her "You didn't tell me you liked my face that much."

Her face turned a light red as she pushed me off. "Don't kid yourself!"

I chuckled "Why don't you come without your brother?"

She hummed and looked away.

"Is that a yes? Ok great!" I said as I rushed off knowing she'll chase me for that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ughhh why did I have to come with you?" my fiancée whined

She was dressed in a puffy off the shoulders turquoise dress. Frills decorated the whole dress. Her hair was done in a high ponytail. Her mask was turquoise and black with a light blue feather sticking out of it.

"Because—" I was cut off by her gasp. My eyes trailed to where hers were and I saw a tall emo looking guy with a violin case. He had dark hair with a white streak going through it. He was wearing a suit with a collar that reached up to his mouth and a plain black mask. Talk about boring, it's a masquerade! Don't even get me started on the weird suit.