Misunderstanding

"Ms.Vance! Are you dating Mr.Paxley?" asked Dan a student from my class.

"W-What? N-no I'm not!" I stuttered not helping my case.

"Really? Then why is your face so red?" He asked while wriggling his eyebrows

"Kids these days" I thought. "Dan we are not dating now please get to your next class." I said while pushing up my glasses and composing myself.

He pouted and walked off. I let out a sigh that I had been holding in. I did like Mr.Paxley but there were rumors among the teachers that he was married to a Baroque. One of the most influential families in the political world. He did not confirm nor deny this, in fact whenever this topic was brought up he would deflect it and avoid the topic.

I had been so caught up in my thoughts that I didn't notice I had bumped into someone before it was too late. "Ouch! Sorry I..." I looked up and lo and behold the man in question was before me.

He chuckled "Be careful next time Ms.Vance."

My face went red "Sorry." I mumbled a quick apology and walked around him to get to my class.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey Les you want to go out for a drink?" Claude shouted from across the room "It's Friday and the other teachers are going to be there too." He added as he started to walk over to me.

"I don't know Claude. I still have to take care of my little brother." I said grabbing the books I need for my next class.

"Oh come on he's old enough to take care of himself, besides you can ask someone to look after him if you really wanted to. It's just one night!" He sighed

I bit my lip "I mean it's just one night what could go wrong?" I thought to myself "Fine I'll think about it."

His eyes lit up "Great I'll text you the location." He said as he skipped away from me.

"Wait I—! Never mind..." I mumbled as I finished getting my books.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey little bro. I'll be home late you can use the money in the jar to get some food." I said into my phone.

"Sis? Where are you going?" I heard Harley reply.

"I'll be going out for some drinks with my colleagues. Don't worry I'll try to come back as soon as possible." I reassured him.

"No it's fine sis go have some fun. Also can I just go over to a friend's house instead?"

"Oh ho?" I smirked "So the little devil has friends?"

"Is it a girlllll?" I teased

"Sis!" I could tell he was blushing

"Haha yes you can just make sure you guys don't sleep too late if you're planning on having a sleepover. Stay safe little bro!" I said almost hanging up the phone until I heard him say something.

"Sis call me when you get back home!"

"Alright I will. Love you Harls" I said as I hung up the phone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

P.O.V. Switch Gusion

"Soooo are the rumors true?" The annoying man I call my friend asked.

"Claude. I'm not married." I sighed and pressed my temples "Where did you even get that ridiculous rumor from?"

"I'm not sure everyone here has heard of that rumor." He said gesturing to all the teachers