Assistant

"Sir your next meeting is in an hour." My assistant relayed to me.

I let out a sigh of relief. At least I had an hour to take a break.

"But you need to finish some paperwork." She added

I groaned "Are you trying to kill me Lesley?"

She chuckled "No I'm not sir. You know what your parents would say." She put down a stack of paperwork in front of me.

I sigh as I grabbed my phone to cancel my date with Hanabi. "Hey babe sorry but I have to cancel our date today."

"Oh that's quite alright!" She said. She sounded more excited than dejected and I picked up on that.

"What's up? You sound happy."

"Oh it's nothing! I'm just happy since I got a modeling job at Starlight's." She replied

"I'm happy for you babe!" I said "I got to go now I'll see you tonight?"

"Yup bye!" She said hanging up the phone.

I stared at the paperwork confused. How had she gotten a job at Starlight it was one of the hardest places to get a job at. You needed a lot of connections to even be considered. She might've taken me up on the offer of using my name. She was so against it before though. I shrugged it off there's no use thinking about this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The meeting ended earlier than I expected. I wanted to get out of here as soon as possible.

"Sir here's summary of today's meeting." Lesley handed me the report.

I had such a diligent assistant "Thank you Les." I smiled at her.

She returned the smile and it quickly turned into a smirk "Planning on surprising your significant other?" She teased.

I grinned "Yeah thanks! See you tomorrow."

"No problem and same to you ." She nodded and turned to finish whatever work I had remaining.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walked into my penthouse expecting to find my girlfriend on the couch but I found no one. "Babe?" I called

No reply. Weird she would usually be on the couch watching T.V. or chatting on the phone with her best friend. I sigh and walked to my bedroom door. I knocked twice on it thinking she might be in there sleeping.

"Babe? Are you awake?" I heard shuffling as I opened the door. It was slightly ajar but I felt a force slam it shut.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

P.O.V. Switch Lesley

My boss had been in a bad mood for the whole week. Ever since the day after he had canceled on his girlfriend he'd been coming into work with a sour face. I didn't pry and gave him space but I was worried.

"Sir?" I knocked on the door to his office

"Come in."

I opened the door and was met with a mess. Papers were strewn all across the floor and my boss had his head down on the table.

"What's wrong?" I asked walking over and putting the file I was carrying on the table.

"Have you ever been in a relationship?" His voice coming out muffled.

I flinched and relaxed "Yes."

"Are you in one right now?"

I furrowed my eyebrow "No I broke up with him a long time ago."