Mother's Day

"Father?" A small voice called to the man that was hunched over a bottle.

"Yes?" He grunted out

"What was mother like?" The small boy asked fidgeting with his fingers nervously.

He didn't like it when his father got drunk. His father would become an irritable, irrational, prick of a man. But Gusion wondered why he had always drank so much on this particular day.

His father took another swig from the bottle "You want to know how she was like?" He slurred looking directly into the young boy's eyes

For a second the man's eyes flashed guilt and remorse, but of course that went away just as fast as it came. Gusion could not help but gulp at that.

"I'll tell you what she was like!"

His father then started to ramble about his mother. How she was nothing but a burden to him. How he'd only used her to consolidate power. Gusion being too young stared at his father in uncomfortable silence not wanting to be at the end of his temper. His father finally put his head down and after a few moments Gusion heard his breathing even out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gusion shook his head as he recalled that memory. Wanting to rid himself of the awful memory. He didn't want to be reminded of the lack of family love he had.

"Something bothering you?" A voice that washed away everything he'd been thinking about called to him.

A smile graced the lips of the troubled assassin "Yeah."

"That's odd." The sniper murmured "From the way you act it doesn't seem like anything bothers you."

Gusion let out a chuckle "Hey even someone as amazing as I had their troubles."

Lesley scoffed "Arrogance doesn't look good on you love."

"You fell for me, what does that say about your tastes?" He smirked crossing his arms and leaning back against the tree.

"Let's get this straight you pursued me not the other way around." She rebutted sitting down next to Gusion

They sat in silence enjoying each other's company as their hands found each other's.

"So. What were you thinking about?" Lesley asked breaking the silence

"My mother." Gusion said quietly

"What was she like?"

Gusion thought for a moment then answered "I don't know. No one seems to want to talk about her."

Gusion's eyes traveled over to Lesley Who was looking at him with curiosity. He sighed "But I heard she left when I was 3."

"Do you ever wonder how she's doing?"

Gusion nodded "Many times. I always thought about what I would say to her if I ever met her."

He paused digging up the questions he had "How was she? Why did she marry father?" Gusion rambled on as Lesley listened intently.

"And why? Why did she leave me with him?" He whispered a tinge of bitterness in his voice.

Lesley squeezed his hand as she was reminded of his harsh childhood. Gusion met her gaze as he gave her a grateful smile.

"But I'll never get those answers." He sighed again "And I'm fine with that because..." He pulled Lesley into an embrace "I have you."

The sniper's face flushed as she melted into his arms "You sure are emotional today." She murmured

Gusion chuckled "Happy Mother's Day my love."

"I'm not your wife."

"I can change that."

At this Lesley chuckled "I'll be waiting."

A/N: TvT Happy Belated Mother's Day everyone! This was suppose to be out yesterday but...

I forgot.