Forever Reunited

⚠️
Warning this chapter contains suicide so if you're not comfortable with this please read a different chapter.

You've been warned

"You weren't suppose to fall for him. You were suppose to kill him!" An angry patriarch yelled at me.

I stayed silent, I knew he was right. I couldn't deny it either, I had fallen for my target. Hard. And now I was going to pay for it with my life.

"This is why magic is better than weapons. Ace Sniper? Hah what a joke." He snarled looking at me with disgust.

"If magic was so good then why haven't you killed him yourself yet?" He narrowed his eyes and scrunched his eyebrows.

"You!" He sent a spell toward me. It hit me on my chest and I screamed out. The spell didn't do anything to me externally but it was inside. It felt as if my insides were scorching, burning.

The pain was unbearable and I was knocked out cold. When I came to the patriarch was gone. I was still tied to the chair. I guess he wasn't killing me yet, they're probably going to use me as bait for him.

I smiled bitterly when my thoughts drifted to him. He's not going to come. The last time I talked to him was when he called me a cold hearted bitch. I had mercilessly shot down one of his so called best friends. The look on his face was pure hatred.

I let out a sigh. The only thing I regretted was not telling him why I did it. I closed my eyes reminiscing the memories I made with him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Miss assassin you're here to try again?" He said as he pinned me up against a tree.

"Hmm. I guess so, I mean you haven't killed me yet have you?" I cocked my head to the side with a questioning stare.

He laughed "How could I? It's amusing to see you try to kill me in various ways."

I let out a sigh and scratched my neck. "Yet I always fail." I met his blue eyes that were dancing with amusement "I wonder. How do you do it?"

He chuckled and winked at me "It's a secret."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Is this a date Vance?" He moved his hands over to mine and intertwined it.

"Lesley" I corrected "And no I'm just treating you because you saved my brother." I quickly untangled my hands from him.

"Like I said it's no problem." He grabbed my hands again.

I sigh and let it be this time, he wasn't going to quit until I gave in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Les meet my best friend Will!" He excited introduced us to each other.

The man gave me odd vibes but nonetheless I still offered my hand "Nice to meet you Will."

"Likewise Miss Vance." He looked at me while giving me a look and taking my hand.

"Vance? I don't remember telling you my last name?" I said drawing back my hand.

"Oh Paxley over here won't stop going on about you. He's told me your last name." He replied

"Will!" Gusion whined "She doesn't need to know!"

"Oh" A very faint hue of red crept its way up to my face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hah? Me friends with Paxley? I was just using him! I was going turn him back in to his family after I was done with him." Will laughed manically. I had pinned him down on the floor with my rifle on his forehead ready to shoot the traitor.

"He isn't worth your time sweetheart. You should just turn your back on him too. He's good as a tool."

His words filled me with rage and it clouded my judgment "Good riddance you trash." I muttered as I pulled the trigger three times lodging 3 black bullets into that despicable head of his.

Gusion came in a few minutes after "Hey Les have you—" His eyes widened as he saw the dead body of his friend on the ground. He quickly rushed over and pulled me off of the dead man knocking me into a corner.

"What the hell have you done?" He screamed and glared at me, his tears flowing down his face.

My heart started racing as I tried to explain "G-Gusion I can explain!" I said getting up. I felt blood run from my cheek a blade flew by grazing my cheek.

"Leave." He growled he looked as if he would kill me at any minute.

"Gusion please!" I tried again. I didn't want to leave him I wanted him to understand that I did it for him.

"NO LEAVE YOU COLDHEARTED BITCH AND DON'T COME BACK!" He roared, his eyes glinted with vengeance.

I felt a tears pricking the corners of my eyes, but I held it in. I bent down and picked up my rifle and left with a heavy heart.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I opened my eyes only to be met with a pair of silvery blue ones, the ones I loved seeing and the ones I've missed so badly. "G-Gusion?" I couldn't believe what I was seeing right now. His clothes were stained with blood he was breathing heavily like he had been running.

He cut off the rope that was tying me to the chair. As soon as I stood up he pulled me into his embrace. "I'm sorry I'm late." He whispered into my ear.

My hands reached up almost as if I was about to hug him back but I hesitated. "Was it really ok?" I slowly hugged him back still unsure and the moment I did I felt complete again. It really was him. He came for me. "But why?" I whispered loud enough for him to hear.

"Because I..." He paused "That asshole. He wasn't a friend." He continued

"So you found out?" I asked pulling back from the hug to look at his face.

"Yes... I'm sorry." He averted his gaze away from me. He was feeling guilty for what happened last time.

"It's alright Gusion lets just get out of here first." I weaved my way out of his embrace and grabbed his wrist pulling him toward the door.

Escape wasn't going to be easy. The door swung open and immediately something struck through my chest. I looked down and saw a hole through my chest. "Oh." I muttered as I collapsed.

I heard ringing in my ears and his screams. "No! No no no no no! Stay with me! Lesley stay with me!" He sobbed.

"Gusion..." I reached out to touch his face. "I love you..." I took a deep breath and the world faded to black.

P.O.V. Switch Gusion

"Lesley?" I cried out to her after killing the patriarch hoping she would open her eyes "Don't do this to me! I still haven't told you how much I love you!"

It was no use she was already gone. Her body had gone limp and there was no breathing coming from her. I screamed in frustration. I had lost the one I'd love to my stubbornness. If only I hadn't been so stubborn and let her explain things maybe she wouldn't have been taken, tortured and ended up dead. If only I had kept an open mind, if only I hadn't trusted my traitor of a best-friend over her. All the if only a kept running through my mind as I continued sobbing into her dead body.

Then a thought came to my mind. I can join her. I have nothing else to lose. I had no one else to live for, a world without her was dull and cruel.

I grabbed my dagger and prepared it to stab my chest. "I'll be there soon my love."

And just like that the assassin took his last breath and joined his lover in the afterlife.

A/N: Honestly this was a weird chapter. I originally was going to make them die a different way.

Welp.