One Year After

A/N: This is a part 2 to Vacation :D

Another drive, another summer, and the same scenery. It felt like it was just yesterday that they'd been here for the first time.

Rolling down the window she let the air flow in. The person beside her chuckled "The wind feels nice today."

She smiled and nodded not turning to look at him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She sighed as she sat on the steps looking over at the sea as it glimmered like a crystal. She could see other people having fun at the beach as she waited for him to finish checking them into the hotel.

Just as she was about to get up to go check on him a pair of arms wrapped around her neck and a warm breath hit her neck.

"Did I keep you waiting for long?"

She shook her head a smiled as she touched the arms of her lover "Let's go."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Are you really going to just sit and read for the entire time we're here?" Gusion asked handing Lesley the chocolate ice cream he had bought her.

Lesley shut the book she was reading and tucked it into her bag before accepting the ice cream from Gusion. "Thank you. No I'm not I just needed something to pass the time as you were getting us this."

"Alright whatever you say." He chuckled reaching out an arm and wrapping it around her shoulders.

"Didn't you want to try surfing this year?" Lesley asked licking her lips

"Yeah I do, but not today." Gusion spoke taking a bite out of his cone.

"Why not today?" Lesley questioned turning her gaze to him

"Because I wanted to spend today exclusively with you." He answered smiling

Lesley let out a laugh "Are you that happy Harley's not here?"

She remembered how Harley had insisted to tag along but their mother had wanted Harley to join in some summer activities his school was hosting. He could never say to his mother so he reluctantly agreed.

She could just imagine him begrudging taking part in activities with a sour face for the entire day. To that she chuckled.

"Of course I am! It's just me and you now." Gusion replied pulling Lesley closer.

"Oh you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Let's go for a walk." Gusion said from out of nowhere.

"Hm?" Lesley said looking up from her book.

"Come on we came here to relax."

"But I am relaxing." She said without missing a beat.

"Lesley..."

"I'm just kidding." She chuckled using one hand to shut her book setting it on the nightstand. "Let's go." Slipping her arm around his she pulled him toward the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You know there was this rumor." Gusion suddenly said breaking their peaceful silence.

"Hm?"

"It was going around for a while and was specifically about this beach." Gusion looked toward the waves

"And what about it?"

"They said if you throw a sealed glass bottle into the sea with a single wish written inside it and it comes back the next year that wish would come true." He said still looking at the waves

It was as if he was searching for something.

"Do you believe those rumors?"

"Not really but I do have one wish I really want to come true."

"And that is?" Lesley cocked her head to the side questioningly

A smile drew upon Gusion's face as he picked up his pace and walked ahead of Lesley.

Puzzled Lesley stopped in her tracks and watch as Gusion stopped close to the water and bent down to pick something up.

"Gusion?" Lesley called

"Do you want to know what my wish was?" Gusion asked turning around to look at her.

Lesley nodded as she thought over their conversation. She had a sneaking suspicion that Gusion had tried the rumor.

Gusion got up and walked back over to Lesley and gently took her hand opening it and dropping a small cool glass bottle into her hand. It had a worn down purple string attached to it and inside was a small curled sheet of paper that remained untouched.

"Open it."

Lesley nodded as she carefully plucked the cork on the bottle and spilled the contents out onto her hand. She handed the bottle to Gusion before unfolding the paper.

To be with you forever.

She reread the line over and over again to make sure she was reading it correctly before glancing over at Gusion.

"Cliche." She said before grinning and wrapping her arms around his neck.

"What else would I have written?" He chuckled wrapping his arms around her waist and drawing her closer.

"Are you sure you didn't just stick it in the sand and called it a day?" She giggled

"Of course not." He shook his head

"You're such an idiot." She said leaning in and kissing him on the lips.

"I'm your idiot."

A/N: This was suppose to be posted on June 21 but I had to take care of rl 😩