16.

**Adrian's Pov.**

A few days had passed and with this Magna person not acting out with any of the vampires he brought into our town.
Zendaya and Hendrix both deemed it was okay for me and Devyn to return home.
At first I waited for Jayce to join us but forgot, that was his home now.
He gave up what he called a home the last sixteen years for a home where he knew he belonged.

I was a little relieved when we were told we could go home because I was starting to get homesick.
Not that I minded being under the same roof as Abel, but after Rowen had this outburst yesterday.
The guardians thought it was better for us to return home.
But they would keep a check on both our houses to make sure no outside vampires tried anything funny.
And honestly, that made me nervous.
I wouldn't try to think about it.
But I felt like it was something that was bound to resurface.

"Did you have a good trip with Jayce and Devyn?" I heard my mom question in the kitchen as I sat at the table not even realizing I had spaced out.
I forgot this was the lie we were going with and I had to keep it up without it falling apart.
"I did, we had a lot of fun." I told her not feeling good about lying but it had to happen.
She turned to me smiling softly.
"I wish one of you had taken some pictures at least, I heard the mountains in Montana are pretty." She leaned against the counter with a cup of coffee in her hand.

I ran a hand through my hair.
"Sorry about that, maybe next time we can go together and you can see them first hand." I smiled and she returned a smile of her own before taking a sip of the steaming hot liquid.

"Are you still seeing that Abel Pierce person? I remember you saying something about having him over for dinner and I'd still like to meet him." She told me and my heart sank.
I forgot all about that and because of this complicated situation.
I couldn't involve my family with him right now.
Not when there's someone dangerous out there lurking in the shadows.
I frowned softly.

"I don't think it's going to work out for us, he's a busy person and I just got back." I wasn't sure where I was going with this lie as I avoided meeting my moms eyes.
"I mean I'd like to keep seeing him but things are complicated with us right now." I told her and her expression softened with a frown.
"Oh sweetie, I'm sorry." She sat her glass down and came over to me and sat down.
"You know things happen like this for a reason, but if you both like each other I'm sure you'll make it work." She smiled softly.
"You're like me, level headed with a strong mind and good heart. I'm sure he'll see that if you both push for what you want." She leaned over kissing my cheek getting up from the table now and disappeared from the room.
Leaving me with nothing but this guilt feeling.
I hated lying.
Especially to her.

"So is no one going to explain how the three of you went on some trip but none of us were invited?" Sevyn questioned sitting at the table in the cafeteria trying not to sulk as he drank his apple juice.
I glanced to Devyn who smirked.
"It was a holy trinity thing, you wouldn't understand." He shrugged and not even I understood what he just said.
Holy trinity?
Sevyn frowned at him.

"So what did you guys do anyway?" He asked and I looked to the two beside me as if thinking the same thing.
"Not a lot, we were in a cabin most of the time because of the storm." Devyn lied straight through his teeth and Sevyn blinked but then frowned.
"I guess that would ruin the trip, did you guys at least take pictures?" He asked and Jayce pulled out his phone swiping through something before handing the other blond his phone.
"Only a few." He said and both Devyn and I tried not to get wide eyed about this.
How did he get pictures?

Josie leaned over Sevyn as she looked at the pictures.
"You guys didn't take a single selfie for a momento? Lame." She complained and I smiled softly.
"I guess we forgot?" I looked to Jayce who smirked slyly before taking his phone back from Sevyn who looked at us.
"Well the next time you guys go on some random trip invite your friends, you completely dismissed inviting me and Josie, and I'm that asshole's twin." His eyes locked on Devyn who blinked but then grinned.
"We're sorry bro, but yeah, next time." He smirked.