Chapter fiftyfour

It was day three here in Bali and today we were at the beach just honestly chilling. Liv was with Pascale back at the hotel while Charles, Carlos, Arthur, Charlotte, Lorenzo, Carla and Isa while Pascale wasn't feeling so well so she stayed back with Liv so we could have some fun. Without Liv for once and tonight me and Charles were having a date night, for the first time like in forever. It felt weird, not bad weird but good weird. Honestly I didn't know how to feel about it, like I was nervous but I wasn't nervous at the same time.

' wanna go in the water?? ' Charles asked.

I put my book I was reading aside ' sure, why not I've got nothing better to do ' I smiled.

As I said that Charles picked me up in his arms and ran towards the water with me laughing and trying to get him not to throw me in the water, well that of course didn't work. He threw me in the second he got to. What a shame.

As he was distracted I splashed water on him and the moment I did that he turned around, he looked at me and then threw back at me while I was trying to defend myself. He was the one who started it all when he threw me in the water so honestly, he deserved it. After a while Carla got in with us and started also helping me splash water on Charles so we teamed up on him. After Charles was about to give up though Arthur came and helped him so unfortunately, he didn't give up. But hey me and Carla won in the end. With a tiny bit help from Charlotte Lorenzo's girlfriend. But hey it's fair, they were about to win so we had to bring Charlotte to help us. Lorenzo on the other hand didn't wanna get involved. Which honestly was smart of him. I would've done the same if Charles hadn't started it. Because Charles started it I just had to give him some karma because well, I couldn't let him win. Never in my life I would let him win.

Anyway after our little argument where us girls won we all went out to a restaurant for lunch and after that we went back to our villa's, the others to rest before their dinner and me and Charles go get ready for our date night.

It felt weird to say date night. Honestly I don't think we've ever had a date night during this whole time we've been married, well at least not that I can remember. And a bit of that maybe was because we didn't get to choose this marriage which yes was making us angry at the start but now I didn't mind it. I liked Charles. A bit at least, I was still trying to come over what Charles had done and he was working on fixing it. So well that was something at least.

At least he wanted to change for Liv and me, not many other would do that for their wife and kids. At least not that I knew of.

At the beginning of our marriage I had been mad at my parents for this all but now I was kinda thankful they did it, it was maybe going to work out in the end. Either way I got Liv out of it and for that I was forever greatful, I loved Liv so much and I couldn't imagine my life without her anymore.

As I was just getting my purse Charles asked me if I was ready and I nodded as he held the door up for me and I smiled at him as we went out the door on our way to the restaurant which was kinda close so we took a walk there. It was by the beach and sooo pretty, we'd been there before so that's why we decided on that place. Plus it was so beautiful at night.

I was wearing a short length with long sleeves and kinda a beach dress, it had an open back and was white. Charles was wearing a white shirt with short sleeves and a pair of black trousers.

When we got to the restaurant the waiter showed us to our table. When we got there Charles pulled out my chair as I sat and then went to sit himself. I laughed a bit as he made his little run to his chair.

That little run he always did.

We ordered drinks and then after that we ordered some food. I took pasta while he took some stake with mashed potatoes.

' it's so pretty here, the ocean smell is so i don't know how to discribe it. I wish I could live this life when i get older and retire when Liv has moved out ' I said.

He smiled slightly ' maybe we can make that happen when we both retire '

I smiled at him but before I could say anything in response our food came.

I tasted some of his the first thing I did and he let out a chuckle, I just smiled as I went back to eating my own food while we had some small talk conversation.

After we ate Charles paid and we went to the beach, we did a beach walk next to the ocean and I took off my shoes so I could walk next to the beach but in the water and Charles did the same thing.

' I've really enjoyed this Charles ' I said.

He had a slight smile ' I did too, some just us time as amazing '

' it really was, I think we needed it '

He stopped walking and took my hand. I was a bit confused but he quickly spoke.

' so Quinn, I know I messed up in the beginning of this marriage and did some unforgivable things but I really wanna be the man you and Liv can be proud of so ' he paused and took something out of his pocket ' Quinn Leclerc, if you have forgiven me and still love me in a year, will you marry me again? ' he asked as he opened the box with the ring in.

I got tears in my eyes as I looked at him ' of course I will Charles '

He got up and put the ring on my finger as we kissed in front of the moon, on the beach. Just us two.

' a second start ' I smiled.

He chuckled a bit ' yeah, this time it's gonna be better I promise '