Chapter sixteen

As we got back to the hotel Lewis got me up to my hotel room and dropped me off there while I got inside i threw myself on the bed and eventually fell asleep as I was super tired from this evening. I woke up from a knock on my door. I went to see who it was and I saw Lewis standing there at the door and when he saw me he let out a small laugh.

' you look newly awake ' he said still laughing lightly.

' yeah cause some idiot woke me up ' I said as I punched his shoulder jokingly and invited him in.

' sorry about that wanted to check how you were feeling before I started getting ready ' he said as he stepped in the hotel room.

' I'm feeling better but why are you getting ready?? ' I said rubbing my eye still feeling newly awake.

' oh I forgot to tell you there is a dinner for all of the drivers and their girlfriends / wife's I thought Charles invited you but I remembered you two weren't really talking right now ' he said.

' oh can I come with you?? I really don't wanna be alone now and I can't fall asleep again ' I said looking at him.

' sure but are you sure about that?? Because Charles is gonna be there and I don't know how he'll feel about his wife coming with me there ' Lewis said askingly.

' eh I don't really care plus your my best friend so he can't say anything ' I said smiling.

' okay then get ready we are leaving in an hour '

When he said that I jumped with excitement and hugged him then going to see what I was gonna wear. I felt excited to meet the other drivers again. I needed something to not go insane so this would be the perfect thing. When I jumped excitedly to go and get something to wear Lewis laughed and said I looked like a child who just got a lollipop for the last day of school. I just laughed back at him and told him I was excited to do something else than just sit up at my hotel room the whole night cause that would've just made me go insane of boredom. As Lewis went to his room to get ready I started fixing my makeup, dress and hair as I wanted to be well dressed just because why not! I had a reason to ever since I put my carrier on hold because of my health and all of the stress who was making me weak I almost never had a reason to dress up anymore well outside of the paddock but I had just started being at the paddock a few months ago and it wasn't like dressy dressy if you know what I mean. Just as I was trying to sip up my dress I heard a knock on my hotel door and I went to open it and it was lewis so I invited him on once again and he laughed when he saw me trying to sip up the dress so after trying for a while I finally caved in and asked lewis for help me, he was more than happy to help me. When he sipped up my dress I felt some weird feeling in my stomach and when I turned around our faces were inches from each other and for a moment it was very quiet as we just looked at each other as we started leaning in and we were about to kiss it was a knock on the door and I straightened up and went to open the door and saw Daniel with Heidi at the door. As I hugged Heidi I said jokingly ' this room is starting to become a meeting place by now ' everyone just laughed and I went to get my bag and we went downstairs to the car who was gonna drive us to the dinner.

In the car Lewis, Daniel and Heidi were all talking about some stuff but I sat there looking out the window only being able to think about the fact I was married for gods sake I couldn't even land with this all happening. My whole life I believed marriage was something beautiful like something straight out of a movie but with time and when I grew up that idea just kept becoming a kids dream. I started realizing marriage wasn't always something out of movies and fairytales it was not always beautiful and it had its ups and downs but if two people loved each other and themselves enough they would get through it together.

My thoughts were interrupted by Lewis telling me we had arrived. I smiled and went out of the car with Lewis, Daniel and Heidi and quickly noticed it was many paparazzis at that restaurant. I took Lewis hand once again and he lead me through the crowd and once we got in I got once didn't let go of his hand right away I let go of it when we got escorted to where the other people and drivers were. I quickly scanned the room as I stood besides Heidi greeting people and I didn't see Charles and I just thought he'd come sooner or later and that he was probably just late or something.

Although I saw Anastasia stare at me and Lewis who stood there and she looked jealous, I excused myself and went over to her. She defined it and said if I liked Lewis she would be fine with it but we all knew she wasn't. As we all sat at the table and I had taken the seat in the middle of Kelly and Heidi I saw Charles walk in with the girl he always was with Charlotte  I looked at them and he looked so happy in a way he'd never looked at me and for some reason it bothered me I didn't know why because I didn't even like him he was annoying and some guy I hated but then why did it bother me so much??. I wasn't the only one surprised of their arrival together all the other drivers looked shocked with their jaws on the ground and to be honest they all looked more shocked than me but Daniel and Lewis weren't as shocked as I'd told them it all before when I found out so they already knew it all.

Later on when everyone was done eating and everything we all moved to the party who was in the room next door and it was then that Lando and a couple of other drivers came up to me and asked me if me and Charles had already divorced and I just straight up said ' no but if you want to know more about it ask Charles ' and walked away feeling annoyed.

I knew they all were just curious but I wanted to avoid all those questions. So instead I just went to dance with Lewis, Daniel, max, Kelly and Heidi to ignore it all.

As I was dancing with Lewis I felt someone tap my shoulder behind me and I turned around to look and it was Charles and I immediately wanted to turn around again and walk away when Lewis stopped me and gave me a look to say that I should listen to what Charles had to say. So I just decided to simply listen to what Charles wanted to say after Lewis told me I couldn't escape talking to him for forever.

We walked into the other room which we had dinner in before and he started off with saying ' listen I am sorry okay? ' and I just got mad.

I cut him off ' your sorry?! First you take her to Canada!!, then you take her to the garage and the paddock, THEN YOU WALK WITH HER HERE CHARLES WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU I SAID AS LONG AS IT WAS A SECRET IT WAS OKAY NOT LIKE THIS!! ' I said practically screaming.

' I'm sorry Quinn! I really am but you weren't talking to me and i just took her with me as company!! ' charles said almost screaming back.

' Oh?? So company is kissing her whilst dancing WHEN EVERYONE HERE CAN SEE YOU WHAT IF THIS WASN'T A PRIVATE PARTY HUH?! THEN THE PRESS WOULD SEE IT AND TAKE IT AS A FEILD DAY ' I said screaming loudly at this point.

' THEY ALREADY HAVE A FEILD DAY WITH YOU AND LEWIS SO WHATS YOUR POINT QUINN ' Charles said screaming back not as loud as me but screaming.

' me and Lewis are just friends and you know that! I went with him, Daniel and Heidi every time except from earlier today when I left the paddock Charles!! '

' and I can't go with Charlotte?? What's the difference '

When he said that I absolutely fumed not even caring if someone heard us.

' THE DIFFERENCE IS I DONT KISS OR FUCK LEWIS HES JUST A SUPPORTIVE FRIEND AND I NEVER CHEATED ON YOU CHARLES AND AT THIS POINT I DONT EVEN KNOW WHY BECAUSE YOUR CHEATING ON ME '

' Quinn.. ' I heard his calmed down voice say.

' no! Actually just no!! I do not want to hear it okay we can talk in a few days when the race and everything is done with! ' I said as I was about to leave when he grabbed my arm.

' why did you say you supported the thing with Charlotte when you act like this now! '

' I said if you kept it private so I didn't have to suffer in the press and all that but I'm sure Charlotte is a super nice and kind woman I would love to get to know her but not when you two are public like this cause it not only backfires on you in the end Charles it also backfires on me!! ' I said screaming out of anger again.

After I said that he just stood there looking like he was not knowing what to say to answer so I just pushed past him to go back to the party. As I came out of that room I saw Lewis dancing with Daniel and the others so I went to them.

_ _ _ _

' can a lady get a dance with the sir here ' I said to Lewis as I came to them.

' for you I always have one dance over ' he said as I smiled at his words.