The Conduit's Journey

By Dunked_oN

The Clonewars was now in full swing, Jedi masters Obi-wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker were returning from bat... More

Prologue
Chapter One: Trust In The Force
Chapter One: The Council
Chapter One: Waking Up
Chapter One: Meeting The Grandmaster
Chapter One: Windu's assessment
Chapter One: Suspicions
Chapter One: An Opportunity
Chapter One: Rest....
Chapter One: So It Begins!
Chapter One: It's A Start
Chapter One: An Early Morning
Chapter One: Meditation
Chapter One: For you. A Task I Have
Chapter One: Being Vocal
Chapter One: Progress!
Chapter One: Mounting Frustration
Chapter One: Calm Yourself
Chapter One: A "Forceful" Presence
Chapter One: An Upcoming Trial
Chapter Two: Mission Start!
Chapter Two: A "Small" Problem
Chapter Two: A Separatist Prototype
Chapter Two: Uh-Oh
Chapter Two: Instinct
Chapter Two: Retrieval
Chapter Two- A Problem
Chapter Two: Decided
Chapter Two: A Chance
Chapter Two: What?
Chapter Two: "Force Sickness"?
Chapter Two: Boredom
Chapter Two: Good Enough
Chapter Two: The Next Step
Chapter Two: Ilum
Chapter Two: Trials And Crystals
Chapter Two: His Voice
Chapter Two: Huyang And The Crucible
Chapter Two: A Blade Unlike Any Other
Chapter Two: Improving
Chapter Three
A Secret
Yoink
Anxiety
Be Vigilant
Meditation Gone Wrong
A Meeting
A Force Of Darkness
Swimming Through The Darkness
Aftermath
Mandalor
Familiarity
Oddities
Padme
Dinner
Break In
Sniper
A Revelation
Lost Child
Until We Meet Again
Trust
Glow
A Connection
A Delivery
Chapter Four
The "Chancellor"
The Final Trial
Light And Dark
Conflicting Feelings
An Awkward Conversation
A New Development
Kidnapped
Being Hunted

Chapter One: Strength

1.1K 43 9
By Dunked_oN

'Zephyr had been reading in his quarters for the past few hours, he had been drained from the previous training sessions he had to partake in'

'The young cyborg had made quite a few waves in the temple, especially with the display level of strength he demonstrated with the force the day prior'

'Near immediately Obi-wan and Anakin had reported what happened to the council, leaving Ahsoka to walk Zephyr back to his quarters'

'Shortly after producing the force based attack he used on Obi-wan Zephyr had become overwhelmingly dizzy. Which was a symptom he was still being affected by'

'Zephyr paused his reading for a moment, as if he had heard something. After a moment of nothing happen he went back to reading'

'However mere moments later the com link he had been given started to go off, causing him to angrily drop his holo book as he answered the call'

"Padawan Zephyr please report to the training wing" 'The all to familiar of Mace-windu stated through the com link, earning a low growl from Zephyr as he stood up'

'Zephyr begrudgingly did as he was told, making his way to the arena in a slightly agitated state'

'Mace-windu turned to face Zephyr as he heard the metallic stomping of his footsteps'

Mace-windu: "Is there something bothering you padawan?" 'Windu asked in his usual calm tone, having noticed the frustrated expression Zephyr was carrying'

Zephyr: *Can we hurry this up?* 'Zephyr signed in a frustrated manner, earning a nod from the Jedi master'

Mace-windu: "Today we will start your training in hand to hand combat. Normally you would be trained in the practice of martial arts, however it has become clear to me that you require a more...direct approach" 'Windu explained, letting the two large droids that had been next to him walk into the arena'

Zephyr: *What do you mean by direct?* 'Zephyr signed cautiously, stepping into the arena'

Mace-windu: "Well you do tend to have quite an aggressive approach to combat. So today we're going to test the weight and strength of your Cybernetics" 'Windu stated as the two large training droids turned to Zephyr, readying their quarterstaffs'

'Zephyr light out a heavy sigh as the now familiar sound of the starting bell rang out, causing both droids to spin their staffs in synchronization'

'Both droids swung at Zephyr, the first one had done so in a downwards motion while the other attempted to strike him mid dodge'

'As the droids spun their staffs once more each end erupted into purple arcs of energy'

'Now realizing the gravity of the situation Zephyr quickly got some distance between him and the old droids'

'Unlike the usual behaviors a training droid would exhibit these two didn't advance towards Zephyr, though they were clearly on guard'

'The paint on both droids was old and dusty, having faded through the years. Despite this they were still an imposing sight, nearly being twice as tall as Zephyr'

'The the head of each droid was triangular in shape, with one glowing blue camera like eye in the center'

'These two droids seemed to examine Zephyr cautiously, narrowing their eyes at him before looking to one another, sharing a series of robotic vocalizations between each other'

The first droid spun it's staff before holding it out to its side, letting its arm lock in place as the second droid did the  same'

'As both droids ran towards Zephyr the ground shook lightly from each step the metal behemoths took, earning a look of alarm from Zephyr'

'The first droid attempted to stab Zephyr with the end of its shock staff, causing Zephyr to dodge mere moments before the blunt object collided with the cement floor'

'As Zephyr turned around he was met with the second droid slashing at him, causing him to instinctively lean left, dodging yet another attack'

'As the fight continued Mace-windu watched curiously, un aware of the fact Obi-wan had joined him'

Obi-wan: "May I ask why you are using these droids?" 'Obi-wan asked, announcing his presence'

Mace-windu: "These droids are old, incredibly so. However they are also extremely capable in combat. I believe this will be the best way to test the boy" 'Windu explained as he watched Zephyr narrowly dodge another attack'

'As Zephyr went to dodge once again, the second droid slammed the end of its staff into his back'

'Zephyr tensed up as a brief yelp of both pain and surprise escaped from him'

'However the droid that had landed the attack on him was swiftly kicked backwards by Zephyr'

'Zephyr had kicked the droid with enough force to launch it across the arena, cracking the wall behind it upon impact'

'As the droid fell into a slumped over position a large dent was visible on its chest, a portion of its plating having been cracked open'

'As the droid's eye flickered a few sparks were spat out of the cracks along it's chest before it began to stand up again'

'As the first droid attempted to attack Zephyr again, the young cyborg grabbed the midsection of the staff, stopping the attack mid swing'

'While the first droid staggered momentarily, trying to regain it's faculties.  Zephyr's arms let out a small trail of steam'

'Zephyr's arms had begun to visibly flex and tense up, as if it were a muscle. He had begun to push the staff that was mere inches from his face upwards'

'A low metallic groan had started to come from the staff as both ends of it sputtered, losing it's electrical charge momentarily'

'The first droid's arms locked as it pressed down harder, trying to stop Zephyr's retaliation'

'With a strained growl Zephyr had begun to bend the staff before suddenly snapping it in two, rendering the weapon useless'

'In a small but brief explosion of electricity the first droid shook its head, undoubtedly being effected by the blast'

'Zephyr was suddenly smacked backwards by the second droid as it had rejoined the battle'

'As Zephyr rolled and eventually came to a stop, a large bruise was now visible on the side of his face, accompanied by a small trail of blood from a gash that had been formed'

'Zephyr quickly looked to his left, finding the second droid's staff, Zephyr quickly stood up with the staff now in hand, holding it in a defensive stance'

'As Zephyr continued to back up he had failed to notice the electricity that had begun creeping up the length of his arms'

'As the first droid stomped towards him Zephyr spun the staff in the same way the droids had previously'

'As the first droid reached within arms length Zephyr plunged the end of the staff into it's torso'

'The droid convulsed and twitched as it let out a glitched and robotic screech'

'The single camera like eye flashed and glitched before loosing power, letting the droid fall to the ground lifelessly'

Obi-wan: "I must say, his instincts are quite impressive" 'Obi-wan praises as he watches Zephyr back away from the only remaining droid'

Mace-windu: "He's acting like an animal that's been backed into a corner" 'Windu stated bluntly, clearly unimpressed'

Obi-wan: "Some animals can be quite dangerous when backed into a corner master windu" 'Obi-wan states in a matter of fact tone'

'As Zephyr was backed against the wall he looked around, trying to find a way out of the situation he found himself in'

'As the droid brought back its right arm for a punch Zephyr brought his arms up into a blocking position'

'Mere moments later a loud metallic clash rang out. Zephyr felt the quake run through his body after impact'

'Yet he felt no pain, in response to this Zephyr opened his eyes hesitantly, a look of surprise crossing his face shortly after'

'The droid had hit his right arm after he brought it up. But there was no damage to his arm whatsoever'

'The droid brought back it's arm as it sparked and sputtered, it's wrist and hand had become malformed and damaged'

'Zephyr quickly brought his right arm back and slammed his fist into the droid's chest as hard as he could'

'With a splash of oil Zephyr had managed to punch clean through the droid, leaving it to sputter briefly before loosing power, leaning onto him'

'As Zephyr pulled his arm free from the chest of the now inactive droid he look at it in surprise, un aware of the current state of the two Jedi spectating him'

Obi-wan: "Interesting. Just how advanced are his cybernetics" 'Obi-wan questioned in a curious tone, having crossed his arms'

Mace-windu: "Apparently strong enough to puncture dura-steel." 'Windu states in a blunt tone, a momentary feeling of surprise having creeped up his spine'

*To Be Continued*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.8K 325 20
Rysa Keen, Mandalorian, Jedi Knight, Being a Jedi Knight for a short time before the Battle of Geonosis, Rysa was ordered to mentor and co-command t...
19.8K 270 27
It is halfway through the clone wars when the Jedi Council sends Anakin Skywalker and his padawan Ahsoka Tano on a routine mission to a outer rim pl...
35.2K 921 19
Ava Skywalker lives with her mother and younger brother, even though she has been a free slave for a year now. Unknown to her and her family, she has...
55K 1.4K 53
Y/N L/N is a soldier who lost his parents. Became a trooper to fight alongisde the Republic. Y/N would excel expectations within the Order but he wou...