The Half-Blood Prince | Hermi...

By kieran_w

Your sixth year at Hogwarts comes with a task that brings life or death consequences. More

Book Six
1. The Initiation
2. Hermione Granger's Summer
3. The New Diagon Alley
4. A Reunion
5. Undercover In The Muggle World
6. A Night To Remember
7. Slughorn's Slug Club
8. The Malfoy Brothers
9. Potter The Potion Progidy
10. Ron's Jealousy
11. Y/N's Worst Enemy
13. The Safe Place
14. Potter V L/N
15. An Eventful Christmas
16. The Boy In The Mirror
17. Blood Brothers
18. The Poisoned Mead
19. Ron's Recovery
20. The Memory
21. Sectumsempra
22. Albus Dumbledore Is A Thief
23. Back To The Manor
24. His Darkness Within
25. The Dearly Departed
26. The Mourning Of Yet Another
27. Discussions With Dumbledore
28. Steven's Funeral
29. Harry's Trip
30. Gathering The Troops
31. The Loss Of Innocence
32. The End Of Sixth Year

12. Katie Bell

5.3K 192 42
By kieran_w

Y/N's POV

The first Hogsmeade trip of the year was rapidly incoming and I knew Draco had something planned. He had let me in on his plan and given me and few small details of what he was planning to do. It involved a cursed necklace and placing someone under the Imperius Curse.

The days leading up to the first Hogsmeade trip, me and Blaise were invited to some more of Slughorn's little parties. He absolutely adored Cormac McLaggen, which disgusted me, because of all the contacts he had. The parties were mainly him trying to get to know each of us better.

To my surprise, Hermione started coming to Slughorn's parties. I couldn't blame Slughorn for wanting to collect her, she was intelligent and her talent in Potions was probably what caught Slughorn's eye.

"Zabini, F/N, I assume you're familiar with Miss Granger over here," Slughorn said to us at one of his parties, "she is in your Potions class after all."

Me and Blaise let out a silent nod. I made eye contact with Hermione but looked away as quickly as I could.

All throughout that dinner with Slughorn, I could see McLaggen desperately trying to talk to Hermione at every possible moment, trying to boast about his contacts and his endeavours. Once we were dismissed, I could see Cormac trying to walk with Hermione back to their Common Room.

"You go ahead, I need to deal with something." I told Blaise. He nodded and made his way back to the Dungeons.

Following Cormac and Hermione, I listened to Cormac boast even more before speaking.

"Being a cocky prick isn't attractive to girls, you know that right McLaggen?" I said, jealousy consuming me from my head to my toe.

"And having your dad locked up in Azkaban for being a Death Eater is?" Cormac retorted.

I raced to where he was and in one swift instant, I grabbed him by his shirt collar and pinned him against the wall. "You want to say that again McLaggen?" I threatened.

"I see where you got your aggression from, surprised you haven't been chucked in there with him yet." McLaggen said, winking at Hermione as if he was protecting her from me.

"You fucking bastard!" I cursed before punching him square in this face.

"F/N!" Hermione cried from where she was.

My eyes were dark. "I'm not done with him yet."

Hermione looked at me with concern, this wasn't the Y/N she knew.

McLaggen, who was now on the floor clutching his bloody nose, looked up at me. I got down to his level and pointed my wand at him. "I could kill you right now and I wouldn't give two shits," I said darkly, "no one would care and I could play it off as a tragic accident caused by you doing something stupid to show off to Granger."

I saw Hermione flinch slightly at me calling her by her last name.

Cormac looked right up at me. "You won't do that, because you like her. You, Malfoy scum, like the Muggle-born, bet your parents are real happy."

He looked at me and I looked back with hatred in my eyes. "You'll never get her," he whispered up at me, "she will never like someone like you."

Anger rushing through me, I pointed my wand at McLaggen, my arm shaking from fear of myself. "Stay the fuck away from her or I'll do worse."

"F-F/N...it's okay..." Hermione said, placing her hands on me, at her touch I relaxed slightly and I removed my wand from Cormac and placed it back into my pocket.

Scampering up, Cormac looked at me in fear and disgust before attempting to run off.

"Obliviate." I muttered in my head, removing McLaggen's memory of this encounter. He was still for a second before he rushed off, forgetting previous events.

Once I was done I slumped myself by a wall and buried my head in my hands. What had overcome me to do something like that? Was I going dark? Was I starting to become just like Voldemort?

"Y-Y/N?" Hermione said quietly, walking over to me. "A-are you ok?"

"If I'm being honest Hermione, I'm not." I replied honestly.

Hermione looked at me with concern. "Do you want to talk about it?"

I ignored her question. "Is there anything between you and McLaggen?"

She was taken aback. "N-no! Remember, I love you and only you."

"Good." I said plainly.

"Now do you want to talk about what's going on?" Hermione asked, concerned for my wellbeing.

I shook my head before pulling her closer to me. "No, all I really want is for you to kiss me."

And that's exactly what she did.

The Hogsmeade weekend came quickly and I was to accompany Draco and help him our in whatever way I could.

"What's the plan?" I asked him, as the two of us were sitting in our own carriage to Hogsmeade.

Draco looked around, as if he was double checking that no one was listening in. "I'm going to get someone to give the necklace to Dumbledore, when he touches it he'll get cursed."

There were so many complications with Draco's plan but I didn't voice them. Once the two of us had arrived at Hogsmeade, we made our way to The Three Broomsticks where we waited by the toilets for someone to come. The first person who came on their own was Katie Bell, a Gryffindor who was older than me and Draco.

"Imperio." Draco muttered, his wand pointing at Katie.

Immediately her eyes became lifeless and weird as she proceeded to pick up the package containing the necklace.

"Who are you giving this to?" Draco asked, to double check his spell work.

"Albus Dumbledore." Katie replied.

"Now you ask F/N." Draco instructed.

I asked the same question but this time I got a different response. "It's a surprise."

Draco gave himself a satisfied smirk. "I'm going to get out of here but I want you to stay close to her, make sure she does what she's meant to do."

I nodded and Draco left, leaving me alone in Hogsmeade. Katie met back up with her friend Leanne and when Leanne asked what the mysterious package contained and who it was for, Katie didn't reveal anything.

The two left The Three Broomsticks and I followed, closely behind, making sure I didn't look too suspicious.

"This seems really suspicious Katie! I heard Leanne say. "Maybe you should just leave it."

"It's nothing to do with you, Leanne!" Katie replied, but Leanne wasn't having it. She tried to grab the package out of Katie's hand but Katie tugged back, not willing to let it go so easily. I saw that a rip had been formed in the package, exposing the necklace.

I cursed to myself, frantically trying to find a way to fix what had happened but it was too late. Katie touched the necklace and a once, Katie rose into the air, gracefully with her arms outstretched, as though she was about to fly. But there was definitely something wrong, her eyes were closed and her face was empty of expression.

Then, six feet above the ground, Katie let out a terrible scream. Her eyes flew open but whatever she could see, or whatever she was feeling, was clearly causing her terrible anguish. She screamed and screamed; Leanne started to scream too and seized Katie's ankles, trying to tug her back to the ground.

If someone saw me here, at the scene of the crime, fingers would be pointed at me. Having seen enough, I slipped away and took the first carriage possible to take me back to the castle. Like I expected, Draco was back in the Common Room, waiting to here from me.

"What happened? Did it get to him?" Draco asked me hopefully.

I shook my head. "The packaging slipped and Katie touched it."

"Damn it!" Draco cursed. "How'd it split?"

"Her friend was suspicious and tried to get it off her." I explained.

"What happened after?" interrogated Draco.

"She just rose up in the air and some creepy things happened and then she screamed. Harry and his friends were there and I think before I left, they went to get some help."

Draco scowled. "Stupid Potter, always playing hero."

"I'm sorry it didn't work out Draco." I said.

Draco's mood quickly changed, from anger to fear. "If this doesn't work, he's going to kill me. He's going to kill me F/N!"

I patted his back reassuringly. "You'll find a way Draco."

"What if I don't?" Draco asked me fearfully.

"Trust me on this, you will." I said.

Somehow I had a feeling that Dumbledore already knew of this task. It linked back to the conversation we had in my fifth year. If Dumbledore knew, surely he wouldn't let Draco die? He wouldn't be that heartless?

Then again, Draco wasn't his golden boy Harry so there were no promises on whether Draco's safety was guaranteed. This was just a whole tonne of 'what if's' and there was no definite conclusion or outcome. It was really a game of chance.

But then, if Draco couldn't do it. I would have to do it. I would have to kill the man who had faith in me to help him fight Voldemort. How would everyone react? How would Hermione react? Her once caring, warm-hearted boyfriend turning into a dark, cold-hearted killer?

I had a long road ahead of me, I wasn't looking forward to any part of it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

494 26 12
Draco has been put into a life or death situation. His 6th year at Hogwarts was going to be the most stressful of all. That was until he found someth...
274K 7.9K 29
Your fourth year at Hogwarts welcomes new schools and new problems.
Out of Time By

Fanfiction

552 2 63
The conclusion of Five Months Until Summer and Three Months Left: The unpredictable nature of love. Making it, being in it. Falling into it, arse ove...
74.8K 1.2K 20
Harry is starting his sixth year. After a traumatic fifth year caused by the death of Sirius Black he is overcome with anger and grief. Ginny, a girl...