Lasting Love (Klaroline)

By Klaroline_TvdTo

I do not own these characters, rights go to Julie Plec. This doesn't have any supernatural creatures. T... More

New Family in Town
New Siblings at School
Dinner with the Mikaelsons
Homecoming
Sleepover
Tyler!
Prom
Klaus
Sercret Date
Graduation Present
Date
Death
Taken
Found
Gone
The Safe!
Moving
Shopping
Birthday Present
Surprise
Apart
Christmas
Taken
Rescued
Clubbing
Dinner
Moving
Last Day
Goodbye
Stefan!
Nite Out
Return
Safe House
Finn
Missing
Safety
Katerina
Beach Date
Engagement
Need your Help
Last Minute Klaroline Wedding
Mystic Falls
Whitmore College
Jealousy
Karaoke Night
Truth
Nik's Birthday
3 Year Anniversary
Special Delivery

Mystery person

459 10 3
By Klaroline_TvdTo

Caroline's POV
It is 1 weeks till my 21st birthday. I woke up and put on my purple top with my blue jeans, and my black heels. I then went and made some coffee. I drank my coffee and then decided to head out and walk around for a bit. I grabbed my purse and headed downstairs, and out the door. I then went down the street and started walking and looking around. There was people playing jazz music. This city is amazing and I love it.

After an hour, of walking someone tapped on my shoulder. I turned around and seen Marcel. I said, " Hey, Marcy!"

He rolled his eyes and said, " Hey, Care. What are you doing?"

I said, " I just decided to take a walk. Why, what's up?"

He said, " Nothing. I just seen you and thought you would like some company."

I said, " That's fine. What do you wanna do?"

He said, " Want to window shop?"

I said, " I thought you didn't want to go shopping with me, ever again!"

He said, " What? I said that with Davina and you."

I rolled my eyes and nodded. My eye caught something behind Marcel, more like someone. I only caught a glimpse, but it looked like Elijah Mikaelson. I shook my head and didn't see him. I just shook it off and walked with Marcel to some shops.

We basically shopped all day, and then I went to my apartment, and got a bath. I then changed into my pjs and sat on the couch. I turned on, ' Law and Order: SVU.'

This show is good, the character detective Munch is funny, same as Detective Finn Tortula. Then my phone buzzed. It was a texted from an unknown number. (U= Unkown number).

U- Come to Rousseau's tomorrow at 1

C- Who is this?

They didn't text back. I guess I will have to find out who it was tomorrow. I turned off my phone and then focused on the tv show. After 7 episodes, I went to bed.

The next morning, I woke up and put on my strapless red dress with my red heels. I then went to the kitchen and made some coffee and eggs. When the eggs and the coffee was done, I sat down at the island and ate my eggs.

When I was done, I decided to read a book till 1 o clock. I read, ' Twilight: Breaking Dawn.' This book is getting good.

I was a halfway through the book, when it was 12:45. I grabbed my purse and headed out the door. I decided to walk because it is only a 10 minute walk.

After ten minutes, I arrived at 'Rousseau's'. I took a deep breath and walked in. I sat down at a booth and just waited for the mystery person to show up. I waited five minutes till someone said, " Caroline."

I looked up and seen Elijah. I was shocked, I didn't think I would see any of them again. He sat down, and said, " Nice to see you again."

I said, " How.. Why are you here? I thought you were gone for good, when you left Mystic Falls."

He smiled and said, " That's a long story. Let's order some lunch and then talk."

I nodded and a waiter came over and we ordered a burger and fries. I said, " Talk."

He said, " Well, when we left Mystic Falls, we went back to Britain. We went there to deal with someone it took about 9 months. Then we came here to New Orleans because there is a threat looming about taking out someone."

I said, " So, you've been here for 3 months and I didn't know?"

   Our food came, and I ate a fry. He said, "Well, we have been trying to keep a low profile. We have been staying at the Mansion with Davina."

   I said, " Davina! She knew you were here, yet I didn't."

   He said, " When we came here, she told us that you are living here in the Quarter. We didn't want to tell you we were here, till he showed up."

   I said, " Till who showed up?"

  He said, " Niklaus. He didn't initially come with us here. He stayed in Britain for 1 more month and then came here. You have to understand, with you not keeping his anger away, he has been more aggressive, since we left Mystic Falls. We at first didn't tell him that you were here, but after 2 weeks he wanted to know what we were keeping from him. We told him you were here, and he wanted to see you, but we stopped him."

   I said, " Why did you stop him?"

   He said, " Well, we wanted to try and keep you from knowing we are here. But it seems we can't avoid you forever, since you are living here. So, I decided to meet you, not Kol, Not Rebekah, and defiantly not Niklaus."

   I said, " Why couldn't Klaus come meet me?"

      He took a deep breath and said, " Well, it turns out the threat is against Niklaus. We didn't want anyone to find out you are his one and only weakness. Even after this year of being away from you, he still loves you. He tries to hide behind this facade of not being fazed of not being with you. But he shows it when he is beating and fighting people every night. He shows his anger for having to leave you and having to never listen or see you again. We try and help him, but he doesn't want to be helped. He just wants to have you, but he can't not with this threat weighing heavy on his shoulders. He knows no one can find out that you are his weakness, so we have argued on this, but they thought it best that I meet with you."

     I was shocked. He still loves me even after all this time. I mean I still love him and I can't ever get over him. I mean Kat, and Bonnie try to hook me up with guys but I don't go out with them. I guess I will never be over Klaus.

    I ate my burger and then said, " So, what you are saying, is that I can't see Klaus and he can't see me?"

  He said, " Precisely. Not with this threat against Niklaus, we can't have you interact with each other."

    I nod and said, " Is that all you wanted to talk to me about?"

   He said, " Yes, that is all."

  I nod and went to grab my wallet, but he said, " Caroline, let me get this."

   I said, " It's not trouble, Elijah. I can pay."

   He said, " Let me be a gentleman and pay."

   I nod and he pays. We then get up and walk out of 'Rousseau's'. We then walked down the street towards my apartment. I broke the silence by saying, " How is everyone?"

   He smiled and said, " We are doing fine. Rebekah and Freya are bugging Kol. Mother and Father are trying to find who the threat is. Niklaus is mostly staying in his studio ever since he arrived. He won't come out. I am doing fine. It is nice to see you again, Caroline. How is Katerina?"

I smiled and said, " She was upset, you didn't say goodbye to her. But overall she is fine, I can tell she misses you. She told me one night that she misses you. She told me that she would visit sometime."

He said, " That's good. I forgot to ask you. How are you doing with everything? Niklaus told me he told you everything before we left."

I said, " He did, he wrote me a letter telling me the truth. I am grateful for the truth about your family. I am doing good."

He said, " Tell me the truth. You don't lie all that good."

I sighed and said, " I could never get passed you, Mikaelsons with a lie, everyone else I can but not you guys. I am still upset at Klaus leaving, but I sort of understand why he did it. I am fine, I mean I still miss him like crazy. I have Kat, Bonnie, Damon, Stefan, Davina and Marcel to keep me busy. I try not to think about him cause when I do I end up crying, and just getting mad at myself for having bad luck with anybody."

He said, " I see. Well, if you want you can call or text me anytime if you need to talk. Why did you leave Mystic Falls?"

I said, " I needed a fresh start. I was tired of being surrounded by heartbreak and death. I just need to get out of that town. That town my mother, Lily and Giuseppe died there, I was taken because of some secrets with the Founding Families, my boyfriend and my best friends left town. I was just tired of getting my heartbroken over and over again. Anyway, this is me."

He then said, " Goodbye, Caroline."

I said, " Goodbye, Elijah."

He then walked down the street, I walked into the building and up the stairs. I walked into my apartment and closed the door. I then took a deep breath and just collapsed on the floor, in front of the door, and cried.

Elijah's POV
I walked down the street and sighed. I knew that when we left, she would be upset. I just thought she would get over us leaving but she didn't. Her eyes were filled with hope, when I seen her with Davina the other month, same as with Marcel yesterday. She is filled with hope, and light and I think if she comes back into our lives her light will go away. We just have to find this threat and eliminate it, then leave like we always do. We don't get close to people, we don't love cause love is a weakness.

I walked inside the compound, only to be met by Niklaus standing there with a bourbon in hand. I rolled my eyes, he hasn't been sober either since we left Mystic Falls, I didn't bother mentioning that to Caroline.

He said, " How is she?"

I said, " Niklaus, she is heartbroken. She is upset with you as to why you left. She still wears your bracelet that you given her, I seen it on her wrist today."

He said, " I should go to her. It should've been me who met with her, no one else."

I said, " Niklaus, you and I both know that if you did, the enemy will find out you have a weakness. We can't have that."

He said, " I don't care about the threat. She is upset because I left her, I never should've listened to anyone of you. Elijah, I have to see her."

I said, " No. Niklaus we can't have that. I get it she is upset, but you might make her more upset if you both see each other."

He huffed and walked upstairs to his wing of the house. I sighed and went to the study. Mother, Freya, Father, Rebekah, Kol and Davina was sitting in there. I poured myself some bourbon and took a sip. Rebekah said, " So?"

    I said, " She is fine, mostly upset with Niklaus."

    They nodded and Davina said, " So, now that she knows you are back. Is she allowed to come over?"

    I said, " No. She can't see Niklaus at all. He is pretty mad about not having to go see her."

     She nodded and then we went to our own areas of the house.

Caroline's POV
     I was done crying after about 2 hours. I got up and made some dinner. It was just spaghetti. I ate dinner, and then got a shower, and changed into my pjs. I then turned on, ' Law and Order: SVU.'

   After about 5 episodes, I went to bed and fell asleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.5K 828 32
I do not own any of these Characters. All those rights go to Julie Plec. This is a story between Caroline Forbes and Niklaus Mikaelson. Carol...
2.4K 85 9
I do not own these characters, those rights go to Julie Plec. This is an AU, Everyone is human. Caroline is 22. She has been in an arranged ma...
30.6K 882 17
I do not own these characters, those rights go to Julie Plec. Caroline and her friends are seniors in high school. Caroline's mother had passed...
316K 6.9K 32
My name is Ariel Forbes and this is going to be the story of my crazy messed up life. My adopted sister is a vampire, Katherine is a b**** but she's...