Safe With You, Lee Jeno

By VALENTINEJEN

❝His eyes shows zero emotions, while her eyes shows thousands of good spirits and love.❞ a story of youth, va... More

Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Author's Note
Bonus Chapter

Chapter 12

1.8K 69 3
By VALENTINEJEN

Wish that it could be like that.

Arriving home from Starbucks, Hyejin's finally home. Hyunjin who was watching the television quickly went to his cousin and hugged her—feeling relieved seeing the youngest finally there.

"Hyejin! Glad you're here." He hugged tightly, seems so wrong, sadness written all over his face. He looked like he was about to cry, Hyejin immediately finding for his covered face.

"Hyunjin? What's wrong—oh my God don't cry."

"Jisung... he was raging out of control." Hyejin froze on the spot—petrified. She was indeed shaking, it was rare to hear bad thing about her brother, Jisung is known to be a soft-hearted brother even to his cousins.

"Where's he?" Hyunjin pointed at his room beside the stairs.

"I'll be back, just stay here okay?" He nodded like an obedient puppy and continued to watch the television. It was taking Hyejin a long minute to go up and knocked on Jisung's room.

"Do not disturb me, Hyunjin."

"It's me, Hyejin. Let me enter your room, please?" She heard Jisung sighed and suddenly the door was unlocked.

"Hey."

Jisung hugged her sister and cried his eyes out. Hyejin patted his back, running it up and down to soothe the weak looking eldest. "It's okay to not to be okay sometimes."

"I'm not ready to meet them yet... It hurts knowing they're just going to use us for their goods."

"I know, but why not try to meet them only this time?"

Jisung's red eyes met Hyejin's pure one—looking into it made him smiled and nodded knowing he'd lose everything just for the one and only biological sister of his. "Hyejin, I love you and please don't ever leave me, even when we're already married with our true ones. You're my only sister."

Upon hearing Jisung's words, Hyejin's eyes were getting teary—her biggest weakness was right before her sight. "I promise. Let's not let anything tear us apart. I love you too, brother."

"Now let's go out and find new outfits to meet our parents." Jisung got up to shower while Hyejin—extraordinarily happy—went down to tell Hyunjin that they're going out for the outfits.

"I want to join!"

"Okay, Jinnie 2.0." Both of them chuckled. Hyejin and Jisung are Hyunjin's cousins, they were very close and Hyunjin always stayed at their house to look after them—all thanks to Hyunjin's mother.

Now that all of them were already in the car, Jisung drove to one of the most famous boutique in Seoul. It took almost an hour ride to the location since their neighborhood is known to be 'secluded'—though there were approximately 40 houses in the mentioned location. Hyejin was bored, Hyunjin and Jisung were talking about their training schedule when suddenly, a notification popped up on her phone's screen.

Jeno

JENO:
hyejin! what are u doing now?

HYEJIN:
uh, on my way to a boutique
why?

JENO:
oh, i thought you were free

JENO:
never mind have a good time!

HYEJIN:
um jeno wait

JENO:
what?

HYEJIN:
um nothing i forgot, goodbye!!!
Seen

She put her phone inside her pocket, the thought of the awkward atmosphere in the chatroom was running around the track of her mind, like a non-stop long run competition. Not long after that, they arrived at the boutique. She was mesmerized, it's her first time to really come to the place because usually, her aunt will bought any dresses for her.

It's time to shine, Han Hyejin.

🏴

After done picking their outfits, three of them went to a cafe inside of the mall beside the previous boutique. Hyejin was satisfied with the soft lavender colour, off-shoulder and the length was right above on Hyejin's knees. Very formal and polite—not too much on revealing.

"The dress is damn nice, I'd look bomb in this!" Hyejin fabulously walked like an arrogant peacock, it made Jisung scoffed.

"You always look good, I'm jelly." He frowned cutely, showing his chubby cheeks. Hyunjin also bought a suit—well, it's Jisung's treat anyway—plus, Hyunjin never looked bad in any kind of outift. Like what their friends said, he has the idol aura whenever he dresses up in something phenomenal.

Unexpectedly, Hyejin recognized a familiar honey voice from five to seven meters away ahead. It was Haechan's, he was talking to someone through the phone—honestly, he was attracting everyone's attention with that high-pitched voice.

"So like, you're saying that Jeno was on the third floor—oh my God, Hyejin, hi!"

He dramatically ran to Hyejin's seat with zero shame, cutting his phone call. That was how chaotic Lee Haechan could be once he recognized someone from high school, especially a someone he and his friends are close to.

"Oh my God, Jisung and Hyunjin, you guys too? It's been awhile." He wiped his fake tears and bro-hugged both of them.

"You're all by yourself, I see."

"It's not like that, the others are now on the third floor. Jaemin called me just now."  They all nodded, Hyejin widened her eyes since she just texted Jeno earlier—in an awkward way, at least for her.

"Hi Jisung, hi Hyunjin." And that's it, they all came with numerous type of very loud voices. Renjun spotted Hyejin and smiled widely, running to her side.

"Hyejin, you're here!" He laughed cutely making Hyejin pinched his fluffy cheeks. That was a reflect, revealing how close they were compared to the other boys.

"Injunnie, you're here too!" They both looked hyped up while her brother looked confused. That raised eyebrow need an explanation real quick.

"Okay let me tell you something, Ji. We all got closer—unexpectedly—so save your anger for another day."

Jeno came in and greeted Hyejin's brother and cousin. He glared towards Hyejin making her gulped the lump in her throat. It was dry—totally because she was intimidated by the gaze.

"Hi Jeno, here." She patted a seat beside her. He sat down making everyone went quiet a bit, except for Haechan and Chenle. They ordered some food and talked about how's life going so far, catching up with some stuff related to academic and sports, not to mention, the SOPA things too.

Jeno

JENO:
mind explaining me about something?

HYEJIN:
about what?

HYEJIN:
wdym?

JENO:
how did they found u here?

JENO:
and also, whats going on with u and renjun?

HYEJIN:
well, it do be like that sometimes

HYEJIN:
renjun and i are nothing more than friend

HYEJIN:
u have no rights on me

HYEJIN:
u ugly rat

JENO:
wtf

JENO:
okay then, u fish-smelling-cow
Seen

Hyejin gasped, not believing her eyes. Hence, she kicked his legs making he flinched and groaned in pain. All eyes were on them, the 'couple' were acting weirdly since he came.

"Jeno, are you okay?" He nodded giving an 'okay' sign to Hyunjin.

He then glared to Hyejin, minimizing the space between his lips and her ears. "You really need to get a payback." She sticked out her tongue, it made Jeno's heart softened instantly, endearing the adorable side of her.

I wish we can be like this, forever. But, let's wait and see.

🏴

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.6K 1.3K 47
- She didn't know how to deal with heartaches until she experienced one; and he just wanted to experience love, but he didn't know that Hwang Yiyeon...
73.4K 2.4K 21
Y/n, a 15 yr old girl who has no experience with this thing everyone called love.
79.4K 637 14
Will include a lot of smut, don't read if you aren't comfortable. Welcome hard stans 😈.
84.5K 2.6K 65
❝Both of us were sinful, but I wanted to thank those sins & dreams for letting us found each other.❞ a story of youth, valentinejen