The Beast

By maha_lashareee

Gulaab mukhtar khan ; the girl with a bubbly personality; who's laugh and giggles lighten the dark world arou... More

A new esteem
1.
2.
3.
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
18
19
Author's Note
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29

17

7.6K 528 105
By maha_lashareee

"Gulaab Come back here"
Ebek darted towards the little minx who was now fleeing in the hallway and wearing nothing but his white shirt. He was glad that they weren't back home or else he would have locked her up in his room away from all prying eyes.

"Catch me if you can old man"
Gulaab teased and continued her rampage.
Ebek let out a cold sigh, he already felt old.
Gulaab Ebek Awarkzai was a young blooming flower.

"Little Miss. You're challenging me, now I'll catch you in less than a second"
Ebek fled towards the end of the hallway.
Gulaab's eyes widened in surprise as she saw him running towards her.
In what felt like a mili second, she was upside down as she clenched his arms for dear life.

"Ebekkkk put me down"
Her tiny fists banged against his back, Ebek let out a throaty laugh.
She was just so precious.

He wanted this and her...
Dreams!!
Dreams are so vicious.

-

The cluttering of utensils was loud and clear as the residents of 'Rooh' Qasar were having their breakfast. The weekend was always this lively in the house.

"Bhabi. I can't believe our Gulaab have grown up so much. She was this little-"
Sadia smiled sweetly at Gulaab.

"Isn't that unbelievable that Rose is getting engaged before me, it's as if you guys don't even care about me"
Murtaza let out a cold sigh and glanced at his mother, who looked very unpleased by his tactics.

"That's because you're adopted"
Muraad teased.

"Ab kisi Ky apky jese bachy hongy toh unko dosry bachy adopt karny ki zarorat hy paregi"
(If someone had a child like you then they would have felt the need to adopt another one)
Murtaza said and hurriedly left the dining room.
It took Muraad a few seconds to process what his younger brother just said and when the realization hit him, he was fuming with anger.

"Murtaza"
Muraad stood up and chased him outside.

The whole family started laughing at the duo except Azar, he was staring at Gulaab intently who was playing with her food this whole time.
Something was off, she wasn't acting like herself.
This quiet girl in front of him wasn't his bubbly sister who chirped like a little bird.
She was smiling seemingly to dissemble her emotions.

"Gul bacha, Are you okay?"
Azar caressed her hair lightly.
He had always tried to be open with her, their relationship had the flexibility where she could share anything she wanted with him, no matter how big the problem is.

"I'm fine Akhii. Just a little headache"
Gulaab gave him a convincing smile.
He was her brother. He could see right through her facade.

"If anything or anyone is bothering you, you will come to me okay?"
Her heart felt heavy, she wanted to blurt out everything.

"I will Akhii"

"Go to your room and rest"
Azar patted her head.
Gulaab nodded and walked upstairs to her room.

~

This morning was damp with melancholy and a lover's cry. The sun, The sun-rays, The familiar faces around her; all were the same as they were yesterday.
But
Gulaab knew that after today,
Things will change.
Things won't be the same.
For Gulaab Mukhtar will bury her first love in the sacred depth of her heart's cemetery.
For Gulaab Mukhtar will no longer think about Ebek Awarkzai.

"Gulaab Jan. You haven't seen the dress that your in-laws sent. Look how gorgeous it is-"
Gulaab gave Ammara a tight smile. Her pure cousin was oblivious to the fact that she was hurt inside, she was gushing with excitement.

"Ohhh look at you blushing"
Ammara clapped her hands when she saw her trying to hide her face behind the curtain of her hair.

"Ammara I need to take a shower"
Gulaab was trying her best to stay calm and composed, she felt she would break down at any moment.

"Ooh yeah. You take a shower, then we can go to the beauty parlor. We're already getting late"
Gulaab nodded and walked towards the bathroom.
As the cold water was cascading down her body, her thoughts embraced her lover.
Ebek Awarkzai was danger in disguise, she had known from the start but still, her naive little heart had tumbled in the spell of his dark cruel eyes. He could hurt her in more ways than she could imagine but she had let him in.
The thought of leaving him...
It was painful.
But it was the cruel reality that she had to let go of him.
She was a coward!
She didn't have the resilience to face her family and state her love for him.
Their love hadn't even bloomed yet and the bellicose autumn arrived.
Her eyes burned with tears and her heartfelt heavy.
What did the future behold for them? The thought itself was terrifying, would she be able to let go of these imprudent emotions and move on?

~

"Is everything planned?"
Upon the affirmative response from the phone line, Ebek concealed his eyes with his dark ray bans.
The plethora of qualms about his intentions was haunting him. Was he doing the right thing? Were there any rights and wrongs in love? He was acquiring love by means that weren't normal. He was acquiring love with force...but then again, he can't just sit back and watch her with that bastard.
Jealousy is a tide that binds, binds, and binds..
Ebek was letting the poisonous jealousy consume him.
He was going to be something he wasn't or maybe he was a devil indeed.
A monster that certainly didn't deserve a luminous angel like her. She didn't deserve to be with a mentally sick person with a troubled past.

"Am I doing the right thing?"
The doubts were eating him away, what if she hates him after that...he won't be able to endure her hate.

"Lala this is the only thing we can do. You tried to persuade her parents not once but twice-"
Zameer exclaimed.
He only wanted to see his brother happy again and Gulaab was the only one who can make him happy.
It's crazy how love compels all your emotions to one person.

"When are we reaching there? Who else is with her"
Ebek wanted this to proceed perfectly, it was a cushy job unless her brother tries to but in.

"Fifteen minutes precisely...Also, her other cousin Hamid dropped her there and I'm assuming that he would be the one picking her up"
Ebek felt his heart speeding up with each passing second, he was so close, so close to getting her.
Only a few more hours and Gulaab will be his forever.
Gulaab Ebek Awarkzai.
A blinding smile graced his lips as his mind played scenarios of her in his arms.
So close and safe.

"We're here lala"
Zameer's voice broke his train of thoughts.
They were now parked in front of a known beauty salon.
Ebek clenched his jaw after he realized that she's in there; getting ready for another man.
He wanted to kill.
Kill that bastard because his flower's name was being associated with him.
Guzman will pay for even thinking about what belonged to him.

"Lala I think you should stay here, we can't compromise your seat. If any of this goes out and make it to the news. It won't be-"

"I don't fucking care zameer. The only thing I care about is her and her only!"
Ebek could care less if he will lose his seat, he could trade all of this money if he can get Gulaab Mukhtar in return.

~

"Mam don't cry anymore, please. I know it's your big day and some girls bawl their eyes out but still don't-"
Gulaab wiped her tears again as the Quiscent makeup artist was doing her artistry on her face.

"-I swear by God, the makeup we use is waterproof but the buckets of tears you're shedding... it's concerning"
Ammara laughed and moved forward to pinch her cheeks.

"She's crying because she's the baby of our family and the thought of leaving us behind after her wedding is sad. Am I right Gul? But no need to worry because you're not getting married just yet"
Gulaab nodded and gave her a tight smile.
Ammara was also concerned.
She had never seen Gulaab cry this much, was it only because of her fear of leaving her family or was it something else?
She didn't had the best relationship with Gulaab or at least they didn't shared a relationship where Gulaab will share all her thoughts without any hesitations.
Ammara made a mental note to ask Hania later.

"Pheww, we're finally done here. You look absolutely breathtaking"
Gulaab almost didn't recognized the girl who was staring back at her.
Her eyes caressed the reflection of her adorned self, the champagne gold dress was heavily embroidered with metallic bound threads and sequins, her long honey traces were curled in the end, a few ringlets of curled hairs were framing her heart shaped face, her pale blue eyes were glowing due to the shimmery eye makeup, her lips were painted a carmin red, a delicate white gold necklace was adorning her swan like neck.
Gulaab felt her heart dropping.
All of this effort for someone whom she didn't loved.

"Gulaab. Just relax and sit there. I'll call Bhai when I get ready"
Ammara sat down to get her make-up done.

Gulaab sat down on the plush sofa and closed her eyes.
She wanted to run away and never look back.
She wanted this nightmare to end.

"Miss. Gulaab! Your cousin is here to pick you up"
Gulaab frowned in confusion.
Hamid bhai were supposed to pick both of them at 7.
Gulaab stared at the fancy wall clock.
It was 5:45.

"Are you sure he said Gulaab?"
Ammara asked, she only had her foundation done and Hamid bhai were here already.

"Yes. He said his name is Murtaza and he's here for Miss. Gulaab"
Ammara clenched her jaw tightly.
Murtaza has an obsession with ruining her day.
There was no way she will leave this parlor without getting ready.

"Gul. I'm not even ready yet"
Gulaab smiled at her pouty face.

"Ammara I'll go with Murtaza bhai. You can comeback later when you're ready"
Gulaab stood up and pinched her long dress with her fingers.

"Yes. That would be perfect"
Ammara clapped her hands and leaned against the chair again.
Gulaab walked towards the exit with her eyes downcasted.
She didn't knew what or who awaited her outside...

~

Azar was panicking.
The thought of her in potential danger had eroded his senses.
He rummaged through his drawer to find his Glock.
After picking it up, he shoved it his pants.
He had received a call from Shadman Awarkzai a few seconds ago.

"Hah! Azar Mukhtar Good to see you all celebrating but what if..."

"What are you trying to say Mr. Awarkzai?..didn't I made myself clear the last time"

"Ohh Azar Azar Azar. Why are you so worked up? I'm just trying to congratulate you"

"We don't need that from a man like you. You and Your family should stay away from us"

"That little girl. What was her name again? Ohh Gulaab right? Such a divine beauty...If I was in Ebek's place I would have-"

"Mr. Awarkzai hold your tongue. I'll kill anyone with my bare hands who even thought about my sister"

"Azar Mukhtar this blatant portryal of disrespect won't do you any good. What if your sister appeared in thin air? I'm sure you won't be able to find her and I'll make sure of it"

Azar knew, that these feudal lords could ruin his family but there was no way he would sit back at watch.
He will protect his sister with his chest.
And for Gulaab's safety and protection.
He will kill!
With pounding heart and fierce eyes he dashed downstairs.
Yasmeen Mukhtar who was coming outside of the kitchen with some garlands in her hands saw Azar darting outside furiously.

"Azar! Where you going?"

"Azar?"

Azar ignored his mother's calls.
He can deal with her later. The most important thing right now was Gulaab's safety.

_____________________________________

  Look Who's back after months.
Life wasn't treating me well these past months but I'm back...for good!
I'm sorry for making you all wait for so long. It's still unbelievable that so many people read my work and appreciate it. I'm very thankful!
Also, my apologies to all of you who messaged me and I didn't responded. I wasn't in a good place of mind.
I missed writing and I missed all of you 💖😔
How was this chapter? Drop down your thoughts in the comment section and don't forget to vote.
Love you all x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

101K 2.2K 17
[Under Editing] *Ruthless Mafia x innocent girl* Sheza Khan youngest daughter of Kabir Khan, a minor gangster. . She is eighteen years old. She is a...
1.5M 85.5K 74
Sequel to Truly Madly Deeply. Five years later, With regained family trust, a heart of stone and an ambitious goal to become one of the top fashion d...
36.8K 3.9K 82
••|3rd in Arranged Series|•• Can be read as a standalone I always found myself getting mesmerized by him. And today was no different. As I came into...
288K 15.5K 22
"Me Usmaan ke ilawa kisi bhi mard ke bistar pr sone ka soch bhi nahi sakti" "Naam Nahi Lo Uska!" "Usmaan" Zaakir Khan. A messiah to many, a man...