Miss Slytherin

By NotOaklandRayah

"That's odd," Finley finally spoke as they arrived at the wall where they found the door last Christmas. "Sh... More

Miss Potter Out Now!
Part I: Philosopher's Stone
Book 1: Chapter 1
Book 1: Chapter 2
Book 1: Chapter 3
Book 1: Chapter 4
Book 1: Chapter 5
Book 1: Chapter 6
Book 1: Chapter 7
Book 1: Chapter 8
Book 1: Chapter 9
Book 1: Chapter 10
Book 1: Chapter 11
Book 1: Chapter 12
Book 1: Chapter 13
Book 1: Chapter 14
Book 1: Chapter 15
Book 1: Chapter 16
Book 1: Chapter 17
Book 1: Chapter 18
Book II: Chamber of Secrets
Book 2: Chapter 1
Book 2: Chapter 2
Book 2: Chapter 3
Book 2: Chapter 4
Book 2: Chapter 5
Book 2: Chapter 6
Book 2: Chapter 7
Book 2: Chapter 8
Book 2: Chapter 9
Book 2: Chapter 10
Book 2: Chapter 11
Book 2: Chapter 12
Book 2: Chapter 13
Book 2: Chapter 14
Book 2: Chapter 15
Book 2: Chapter 16
Book 2: Chapter 17
Book 2: Chapter 18
Book 2: Chapter 19
Book 2: Chapter 20
Book III: Prisoner of Azkaban
Book 3: Chapter 1
Book 3: Chapter 2
Book 3: Chapter 3
Book 3: Chapter 4
Book 3: Chapter 5
Book 3: Chapter 6
Book 3: Chapter 7
Book 3: Chapter 8
Book 3: Chapter 9
Book 3: Chapter 10
Book 3: Chapter 11
Book 3: Chapter 12
Book 3: Chapter 13
Book 3: Chapter 14
Book 3: Chapter 15
Book 3: Chapter 16
Book 3: Chapter 17
Book 3: Chapter 18
Book 3: Chapter 19
Book 3: Chapter 20
Book 3: Chapter 21
Book 3: Chapter 22
Book 3: Chapter 23
Book 3: Chapter 24
Book IV: Goblet of Fire
Book 4: Chapter 1
Book 4: Chapter 2
Book 4: Chapter 3
Book 4: Chapter 5
Book 4: Chapter 6
Book 4: Chapter 7
Book 4: Chapter 8
Book 4: Chapter 9
Book 4: Chapter 10
Book 4: Chapter 11
Book 4: Chapter 12
Book 4: Chapter 13
Book 4: Chapter 14
Book 4: Chapter 15
Book 4: Chapter 16
Book 4: Chapter 17
Book 4: Chapter 18
Book 4: Chapter 19
Book 4: Chapter 20
Book 4: Chapter 21
Book 4: Chapter 22
Book 4: Chapter 23
Book 4: Chapter 24
Book V: Order of the Phoenix
Book 5 Chapter 1
Book 5: Chapter 2
Book 5: Chapter 3
Book 5: Chapter 4
Book 5: Chapter 5
Book 5: Chapter 6
Book 5: Chapter 7
Book 5: Chapter 8
Book 5: Chapter 9
Book 5: Chapter 10
Book 5: Chapter 11
Book 5: Chapter 12
Book 5: Chapter 13
Book 5: Chapter 14
Book 5: Chapter 15
Book 5: Chapter 16
Book 5: Chapter 17
Book 5: Chapter 18
Book 5: Chapter 19
Book 5: Chapter 20
Book 5: Chapter 21
Book 5: Chapter 22
Book 5: Chapter 23
Book 5: Chapter 24
When in the Snake pit
When in the Snake Pit II
Book 5: Chapter 25
When in the Snake Pit III
When in the Snake Pit IV
Book 5: Chapter 26
Book 5: Chapter 27
Book 5: Chapter 28
Pureblood
When in the Snake pit: Hogsmeade visit of '95
Book VI: Half Blood Prince
Book 6: Chapter 1
Book 6: Chapter 2
Book 6: Chapter 3
Book 6: Chapter 4
Book 6: Chapter 5
Book 6: Chapter 6
Book 6: Chapter 7
When in the Snake Pit: Welcome back Party of '96
Book 6: Chapter 8
Book 6: Chapter 9
Book 6: Chapter 10
Book 6: Chapter 11
When in the Snake Pit: Snake Bite of '96
Book 6: Chapter 12
Book 6: Chapter 13
Book 6: Chapter 14
Book 6: Chapter 15
Book 6: Chapter 16
Book 6: Chapter 17
Book 6: Chapter 18
Book 6: Chapter 19
Book 6: Chapter 20
Book 6: Chapter 21
Book 6: Chapter 22
Book 6: Chapter 23
Book 6: Chapter 24
Miss Potter

Book 4: Chapter 4

2K 73 13
By NotOaklandRayah

Arriving in France, Finley has never been so thankful for being able to be taught french by Mirelle Thorns as a second language. If not she was going to bleed her nose at how fast these snotty Veelas spoke. It was her first day in Beauxbatons, and to tell her that she was impressed with how the school looked, she never thought about pastels to be her new favourite shades. But that in itself she could hear Blaise yelling at her in the back of her mind for thinking such thing.

Most students were veela girls, hardly any boys depending on their blood line. A lot of muggle borns in Beauxbatons than Hogwarts that was for sure. As she is new she was stared at by the major population in the school, she was behind a giantess which she knew was the head mistress.

"You will be assorted to your classes according to your grades from your previous school," that was what the large woman had said. Intimidating? Yes, this giantess is indeed intimidating that she almost wanted to take off her shoes and not make a sound as he woman's heels were powerful enough to have the hall fall silent.

As she is new to Beauxbatons, she already dreaded the attention she was to get this day. As of now she was only being oriented for her first day, her schedule and dorm was to be given to her before her classes started. Instinctively in Mirelle's family, she was shoved in a black bodice dress with white puffed sleeves with black linings on the wrist and collar. Her shoes were the ones her best friend's widow mother had given her for a going away present. And she thought she finally got away from being coddled up like a doll, but this place was worst as Mirelle's family  was exactly like Missus Zabini, minus buying her five pairs of shoes in different colours.

"This is your schedule Ms Evans," the giantess had said as she slid a piece of parchment towards her. She took the parchment and frowned.

"Is there something the matter?" The giantess asked as she saw Finley's eyes furrowed. The girl snapped from her furrowing gaze at the parchment and gave the giantess a shy smile, she placed the parchment down.

"Pardon me, I would like a clarification. I would like this to be Potter please," she said pointing at the last name Evans. She was going to uphold that promise of using her last name Potter because there was no denying that she is in fact a Potter.

Amused, the giantess granted the girl her correction and replaced the name Evans with Potter.

"I suggest you put on your uniform before I escort you to your dorm," she heard the headmistress suggest as she pointed at the corner. Nodding with the suggestion, she took the uniform from her bag and changed in the corner that was provided for her. The uniform was weightless, it felt light on her skin, her tights were skin toned and her shoes fit her perfectly. She manages her hair in a half ponytail before going out the changing corner with her previous clothes in hand. She looked at the mirror as soon as she got out from behind the changing corner, she looked like a different person. Blue was definitely her colour, she spun around at least once to get a good view at the dress properly.

"Come, I'll show you to your dorm," the Headmistress said in her thick french accent that Finley just noticed.

The walk to the west wing of the school was a short one as it was nearer to the headmistress' office. The doors were white and had numbers on them, they stopped at the fifth door before the end of the corridor, Finley made sure to count to avoid awkward confrontations.

With three knocks, the door opened revealing a light brown haired girl around Finley's age who was wearing the uniform similar to Finley's. This girl had her hat on and was shy in the presence of Finley.

"Madame Maxime!" The girl gasped as she realised who knocked.

The giantess smiled at the girl fondly, her large hand behind Finley pushing her forward gently. "Mademoiselle Argent, this is Ms Potter. I suggest you help her settle in before classes officially start," the woman said.

"She's really rooming with me?" The girl said wide eyed, which Finley did not understand. Don't they have room mates like Hogwarts?

"Yes, I shall leave her to your care—" before the headmistress could finish, the girl in the room grabbed Finley and dragged her inside the dorm.

"You can count on me Madame!" The girl exclaimed closing the door. With a chuckle, the giantess proceeds to her work, especially now that a tournament was to be held and the girls were going to have a field trip.

"I can't believe I would get a roommate!" The girl who pulled Finley in exclaimed, as she couldn't stop hugging Finley and jumping around.

"I've spent a whole year! A year without a roommate and it's so lonely!" The girl exclaimed again.

"Why?" Finley found herself asking, there was ni harm really, it was a harmless question. She noticed how half empty the room looked, the other bed was so smooth as if it has never had the chance to be slept in.

"None of the snotty Veelas wanted to room with me," the girl huffed flipping her hair. Finley giggled at how the girl's attitude switch so quickly.

"I'm Finley," Finley introduced herself letting out her hand for the other girl to shake.

"Cœur, my parents call me Heart mostly."

"Isn't that just french for heart?" Finley mused.

"My parents are crazy," Heart winked at her new roommate offering her a seat.

Finley's eyes wandered around the room and was amazed at how bright it was, a complete contrast to the dark and luxurious space that she was used to in the Snake Pit.

The room was gold-ish and white in a sense that it made the room elegant and all that, there were two beds. Both located on opposite sides of the rooms, each had a large window and desks and of course a shelf. The linens were in the shade of pastel and such that she felt odd as she was used to the dark wood and the murky green waters of the black lake, she felt home sick.

"I have the bed on the left, you can take the right."

She looked towards Heart her new room mate who was now fixing her bed on the left side. On the right side of the room there were her trunks and her new owl that she bought herself, she didn't know if it was alright to have an owl, but since it was there means it was okay.

"Your owl is lovely by the way," her new roommate commented.

Finley manages to smile, it was the last thing she had of Harry as he was the one who chose it. She would never tell him how much her owl costed her, it was that expensive or else Harry would've chosen another one. "Must've cost you a fortune to get a white one," Heart marvelled.

"You have no idea," Finley snorted, it would make a large dent on Harry's vault but for her it wouldn't be as she still had 15 vaults in her name, cost didn't matter to her.

"Have you named him yet?" Heart asked.

She glanced at the owl again, it's white feathers glowed in the sun, it's eyes were golden and staring at her.

"Hades," Finley tells Heart.

"Well, you must like mythology and I would love to learn about you some more, but right now we have class," the other girl winks at Finley.

Surprisingly, Finley found herself way ahead on most of her classes except, well lady's etiquette. Finley finds herself struggling to identify which fork for which course of the meal, she honestly wanted to stab a Veela who found her illiterate because of it.

Fortunately for her Heart excelled in the class and agreed to help her with transfigurations.

"It's only your first day Finley," Heart said as the first half the day ended, they now sat in the great hall for lunch. The tables where circular and students were already in cliques of such.

"I'll keep that in mind," Finley grumbled as she glared at the snotty blondes who laughed at Finley during etiquette. Never in her days would have thought that she would hate a simple manners lesson. Though she was taught a few functions forks, she wanted nothing to do with forks at the moment.

"Finley, um. You need a fork for that—"

"Another word about a fork I will eat this by hand," Finley snaps as she hears Veelas laugh at her using a spoon and knife to cut a piece of steak.

To Heart's amusement, her new friend was more stubborn than a mule and she finds all this hilarious.

"Here, let me," Heart offers, taking Finley's plate and slicing it into bite sizes for Finley to use her spoon. The other witch pouted as she felt like she was being treated as a child, her fault really as she refuses to use the bloody fork given to her.

"I'm not normally this immobile," Finley explains growing red as students around them stared at her as if she committed an unforgivable crime.

"I guessed that you're just too stubborn am I correct?" Heart laughs as she pushed the sliced steak towards Finley who looked thankful enough.

She was right, Finley wasn't denying that anytime soon as she started eating her food, not minding the curious stares that came her way from all over the tables.

"So why did you transfer here? Were you expelled?" Heart asked.

Why does everyone think she was expelled? She was a great student at Hogwarts, always early, skipped classes once or twice yes but nevertheless she was first in her class. Not that she would rant this out to her new friend and roommate, but she takes great offence off of that. "I wasn't expelled per say," Finley says as she spooned the piece of stake into her mouth.

"They just decided to transfer me since I can't stop getting myself killed every year," she simply says, of course this perked intrigue to Heart's ears.

"Tell me the story, we have a long lunch break!" Heart insisted, planting her elbows on the table ready for the intriguing story of Finley Potter.

That by the end of the lunch break, Heart was metaphorically rolling on the floor laughing at the incidents Finley went through over the break. "I still believe that the Headmaster was drunk whenever he gives his yearly speeches."

"I could only imagine," Heart giggled. It was refreshing for her to speak to a girl who didn't care about her appearance, it was one reason why she hasn't had a roommate the year before. She would clash with the student who only cared about being pretty.

"Are they normally like this when a new student arrives?" Finley asks as she felt the majority of eyes in the room drop onto her. She could somehow make out the many many french words, and some of them were not complimentary.

"Yes, sorry about that," Heart says as she glares at the snotty students who gave Finley funny looks. "It's not everyday that we get a new student that's not a first year. Like me, they're curious things."

"Can't they just ask directly?"

"It will die down eventually. Snobby as they are, they're very harmless," Heart says as both girls finished their lunches and was off to their next class.

By the end of the day, Finley did not realise her exhaustion until she finally laid on her bed. Classes with the french were intriguing and at the same time boring, the electives she didn't take in Hogwarts last year was mandatory for Beauxbatons. Imagine her surprise when she came across the terms syllabus for Divination, she would need to write a letter to someone at Hogwarts to send in their old text books to get her caught up.

"First day is always the exhausting part of the school year," Heart mentions as she sat on Finley's bed, already in her pyjamas. Dinner was much less than lunch was, it was to be expected seeing as Beauxbatons has their own eating regimes for their students.

"My electives were slightly torture, but I do enjoy them," Finley says as she remembered which electives she chose. Unlike Hogwarts, Beauxbatons' electives were muggle school sujects that Finley almost gawed her eyeballs out by trying to understand human anatomy.

"No one really takes Science classes."

"No one warned me that they were going to show us a live surgery film, if I knew I would've stopped and went to gymnastics," Finley complained. The elective classes weren't going to affect her grades that was a relief, but the idea of every other day having to watch a man get his kidney stone removed, it was going scar her for the rest of her life.

"You can't keep up with gymnastics either, the girls there are vicious," Heart says.

"What electives did you take?"

"Music," she smiles, pointing at a guitar in the corner of their room that stood next to a full body mirror. Finley huffed again, she really didn't think that having regular electives were that hard to keep up with, but then who in their right mind would think that watching someone doing surgery on another human's guts. She was imagining her best friends laughing at her now.

"Muggles who go to med school watch it live, you should be lucky that you're not the one doing them," Heart points out.

"I rather have my eyes removed and my hands severed than do that myself," Finley deadpans, rubbing her eyes before sitting up again, getting off her bed. "I should write to my brother, he must be worried sick."

"You do that," Heart yawned as she settled herself on her bed slowly falling asleep. Finley envied Heart for falling asleep in matter of minutes, just last year she can't seem to find the need of sleep in her body, she blames the nightmares.

She clutched onto the necklace of the three headed snake sigil on her neck and sighed, for now she knew that her nightmares were suppressed with it. Her last lesson in occlumency with Dumbledore said as much. Now she was able to suppress such negative emotions well enough to forget that they even existed.

She made her way towards the changing corner, carrying a pair of pyjamas. Releasing her hair from the bun she did for her hair as it was mandatory during her etiquette class earlier that day. She later on sat down on her desk that faces the window, Hades her owl perched on the stand next to it staring at her curiously.

"I'm sending you on a long trip, when you get back I'll have treats for you to get stuffed on," she tell the owl as if he could understand her.

She took out a parchment and a quill and ink jar, then she started writing.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

546K 15.6K 40
COMPLETED!!! :)) Hope you enjoy reading my story xx! This hasn't been completely edited, so I apologise for any mistakes. "Out of the way, Granger."...
1.5M 39.5K 72
Y/n L/n was a quiet girl, she liked to keep her circle small. She came from a wealthy family. Her parents were both Slytherin, so naturally she was s...
1.6K 101 32
We follow the story of a young witch named Y/N, who arrives at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry under the guise of a muggle-born student. L...
3.5K 155 25
*Completed* Aine Estoileon was just an ordinary girl living over the hills of the outskirts of England, Devon. She grew up believing she was normal a...