Night Shine

By JennySixx69

A Wolf's Journey... A devastating accident brings two strangers together. The more Nikki learns about Nicole... More

Second Class
Aftermath
A Cold Night/A Strange Morning
Heat
Discovery
Rescue
Meeting the Pack
Learning the Truth
My Fiance
More Truths
Love Me Still
I have No Alpha
A Game Of Chess
Life Mate
Homecoming
Wolfshifter Biology
Good Morning
The Council meeting
Two Alphas
Ambitious
Where Are The Girls
Bed Rest
Joys And Sorrows
Misunderstood
A Wolf's Desire
Confusion
Tensions High
Night and Day
A Challenge
My Women
My Family, My Pack
Of Wolves And Lambs
The Whys And The Hows
Love And War
A Time To Mourn
The Problem with Little Girls
Love and Lust
Battle Royale
Pain After Battle
Dealing With My Pack
Meeting A Hunter
Emotions
Just Deserts
More Than Moon Lust
The New Hunter And The Pursued
Promises To Keep
Note to my readers

Affairs Of The Heart

86 11 5
By JennySixx69

Nikki's POV

I don't think Nicole has forgiven me yet. Every time she glances at me I see a flash of her night shine in her eyes. It's like dark sweet honey. I loved to change that glare to one of passion. I sigh. She has a very sexy sway to her hips when she's angry. I pull my eyes away from her and chastise myself for my thoughts. I do wonder where she and Yennefer got their build and eye color from. Nicole's mother is 5'10 with dirty blonde hair and grey eyes. Their father is 6'2 dark haired with one brown and one green eye.

"They look like their grandmother Mara on their father's side. She was one hell of a lady." Jason answers mentally. His eyes are glued on Nicole. I chuckle at him. I'm glad Courtney can't hear my errant thought. But If she could hear she would know when I say "I love you" I mean it.

Nicole is in charge of the cooking tonight and howls to call everyone to dinner. Courtney is helping serve. I kiss her before I take my seat. Meals are hectic here with so many wolves. Getting all the kids seated is a chore in it's self. Parents having to remind the littlest ones to stay in human form. I watch Decker take a seat. Taya and Brita sitting on either side of him. Still not sure what to think of this development. Him becoming a father like this. Taya nuzzles Decker's shoulder. Brita glares at him. I see heartbreak coming there. Jake got what he wanted though. His grandchildren have my Lykaon linage. I didn't know it existed and I don't understand why that means so much to him. All I care about is my children's and now my grandchildren's happiness.

Courtney, Nicole, and Yennefer finally come and join me and Jason at the table. They sit between us. The conversation is lively as usual. Nicole talks to everyone but me. I guess she's not over it yet. Jason told me earlier to have patience. She's hasn't had a steady man in her life to care for her or to disagree with since she was twelve. The ones she did have before that were horrible. I huff. I really didn't think she would still be grouchy. I mean she did agree with my reasoning. At least Courtney and Yennefer are talking to me tonight.

Halfway through dinner our rescuers return tired and hungry. Nicole's whole demeanor changes when she sees her daughter. I guess she was just worried about one of her babies. She's quick to make sure Nyx has food before she returns to her own. Feeling her gentle touch on my back as she brushes by to take her seat again lets me know I'm forgiven. Courtney had gotten up leaving the space between me and Nicole open. Emma and Colette take advantage and crawl up making themselves comfy. They have that cat's grin every little girl has when they got a secret they wanta spill.

"Mama Scarlett smells like you." Emma whispers not so quietly and giggles. Nicole eyes flash. She gets up and retrieves her daughter gently. They head for the privacy of the house. I follow behind. Scarlett may need saving from her mother. The look on Nicole's face was one of extreme anger.

I enter silently Nicole has her daughter sitting on the couch.

"Did Salvatore and Dominic pressure you? They promised to wait till you were married. I'll thrash the both of them." Nicole rants.

"No mama. They didn't." Scarlett whimpers.

"Then who baby? You're engaged. What were you thinking?" Nicole sighs. The girl starts to cry. I make my way over and sit with her. "Well girl who?" her mother presses.

"Isaac." She cries softly and lowers her head.

"Isaac one of the Hounds you know we can't mix with other shifters. You're going to miscarry I can't believe you've carried this long. Let me help you end it now." Nicole says gently.

"I don't want to mama." Scarlett moans.

"Let's go get you to bed in the infirmary. Let me check you and the pups." I help get Scarlett to bed. My heart hurts for her. I back away and wait at the door. Nicole had motioned me to stay. "They are weak. Their hearts are failing. I know you have been holding on to them and strengthening them with your gift of healing sweet girl. You can't do it much longer you will weaken yourself. Don't risk yourself for dying babies." Nicole whispers and softly strokes her daughter's hair.

"Please help them mama." She begs.

"I wish I could. You're not the first to ask me and I tried but as soon as I stopped aiding them. They slipped away." she answers tears in her eyes.

"I don't know how to let them go Mama." Scarlett weeps.

"Nikki tell her to sleep." Nicole says softly. I come forward and brush her hair behind her ear.

"Scarlett sleep sweetheart." I watch her eyes close.

"You should go now. I'll take care of her." she whispers. I thought about objecting, but changed my mind. This is something I don't want to see. I wait in the living room.

Courtney and the rest of my family come in a little while later. Helping put the kids to bed helped keep my mind off of what was happening in the infirmary. After that I explain to my mates what happened and we wait together. It's hours later when Nicole finally comes out.

"She going to be alright." she says quietly. We all give an audible sigh. "I'm going to stay with her tonight. You all need to get some sleep." she orders us to bed. As I walk pass the nursery I see Ruby all curled up with Nicole's triplets. I'm so glad she was born strong and healthy.

"It's going to be hard on her when we go to our own house after this is over. She is going to miss them. I'm going to miss all the babies too" Courtney whispers to me.

"Me too." I whisper back. The thought of leaving Nicole even to go to another home in the area makes me feel like I'm abandoning her.

Courtney tugs me to our own room. I guess she wants us to be alone tonight. As soon as the door is closed her lips are on mine. Lifting her off her feet. I carry her to the bed. As I lay her down I kiss her gently thinking of taking it slow. She has other ideas. Her kisses are hungry and demanding. Her hands find the button and zipper of my jeans. She tugs them down freeing my you panties. Oh god she's so ready. I slide in slow savoring the feel. Kissing her parted lips I begin to thrust. She moans each time I go deep. Grinding against me she begs for me to go faster. I smell her release and have to keep from howling as I find my own. Pulling her with me as I roll onto my back I hold her close. I wish she could hear in my mind how much I love her.

Footsteps wake me from my sleep. I carefully crawl out of bed so I don't disturb my wife. In the living room I find Nicole still awake.

"Why are you really out in the living room sweetheart? I know damn well you would know if Scarlett was waking up from your own bed." I ask as I sit next to her on the couch. She rests her head against my shoulder.

"Jason wanted to be alone with Yennefer so they could make love. She wasn't raised in the pack. I thought he would call for me after but he didn't." she answers with a whimper.

"Are you jealous? I ask.

"No I'm lonely." she looks up at me with wide sad eyes. Wolves rarely sleep alone. First We have our mother. Since we are born in litters we have our siblings. Then we have mates. Scarlett's sisters figured out a way to sleep with her." she smiles weakly. I smile back.

"What's up with Jason. He always seems to be all about you." I ask softly. I can't believe he would do something to hurt Nicole.

"Being willing to be second to someone else is different than being it. He's very proud. He has always been alpha. He lead his pack and family. He was his mates only. Now he is second to you. It hurt him. In his eye it's like I was more willing to be your second than his first. I'm glad you allow him to walk ahead of you. It allows him to save face. Our promise to each other even if it wasn't formal was still a promise I broke by excepting you." She says in a rush. she bows her head shamefully.

"It wasn't your fault alone Nicole." I whisper and pull her close. She feels and smells so good. Her unique scent and the scent of her pregnancy. It's weird to realize my sense of smell is so strong I can tell they are mine. Knowing makes her so sexy to me. The mother of my babies should never feel alone. I pull her onto my lap helping her straddle me. Our lips touch softly. She sighs. I deepen the kiss. I want to feel her bare skin. I reach for the hem of her sun dress.

"Nikki where'd you go." Courtney calls sleepily. I pull away panting. God what's wrong with me. I look into Nicole's honey colored eyes so full of confusion and sadness.

"It's ok Nikki I'll be fine go back to your wife." she whispers.

Nothing is fine." I tell her. "I'll be right there baby." I call out. Then I stand with Nicole in my arms and head for the bedroom she shares with Jason. Pushing open the door I lay Nicole gently on the bed. Jason wakes looking annoyed. "If I ever find Nicole out in the living room being denied her place in this bed. I will punch you right in the face." I growl and leave slamming the door.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.4K 1.9K 37
Two different species meet. Violet a Wolf. Jonathan a Vampire. Secrets are revealed. Wars break out Warning! Violence and Sex! [Completed]
353K 7.7K 19
'She's so complicated that's the way god made her, sunshine mixed with a little hurricane. That girl is the perfect storm' "How come she can't see...
14.5K 474 28
Layla Stevenson was a young woman living in Los Angeles trying to make her way as a hairdresser. A little broken inside, but trying to make the best...
28.7K 1K 65
( finn wolfhard! ) âť› she doesn't know me at all . . . yet it's like she gets me âťś