Ghouls, Guardians and Saving...

By Celestia_Heaven

Roughly based on RoosterTeeth's RWBY. For several centuries, abnormal creatures appeared and would terrorize... More

Prelude
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight Aurora
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten MJ
Chapter Eleven MJ
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen MJ
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen Elizabeth
Chapter Sixteen MJ
Chapter Seventeen Aurora
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty-One Miles
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three MJ
Chapter Twenty-Four Miles
Chapter Twenty-Five

Chapter Twenty MJ

68 5 1
By Celestia_Heaven

"Eric!" I yelled as I carefully stood on the roof of a smaller part of the school.

"Michelle?" He asked as everyone he was with pointed their weapons at me and I narrowed my eyes.

"Don't," I heard him say as he held out his arms.

"Who is that?" I heard someone else ask and I carefully glanced at him before I turned my attention back to Eric.

"To think. I wasted so much time looking for you only for you to come back to me," Eric said and I shook my head.

This isn't what's right for us Hybrids! Stop what you are doing and we can end this peacefully!" I said loudly but in a soft voice.

"Your wrong, Chelle. And you can't stop us!"

"Your right. I can't. Not by myself at least!" I said before one of my new found friends, Cindy a Spider Hybrid jumped and landed next to me taking my hand.

"It's why she's not alone!" Cindy yelled before every one of the better versions of Nighthands, properly named, Pheonix Scythe came out.

"What?"

"Who goes there?"

"Your brothers and sisters in the version of Nighthands that we were supposed to be," Cindy said.

"Make no mistake, Brothers, and sisters. These are our enemies! ANd we will not let them ruin th-" Eric started to say but was cut off by lights coming from above.

"Hey, Kitty Cat," I heard and I gasped as I turned to look at Peter who looked pretty relax despite the chaos around us. Well, in his defense, fighting is normal for him. I thought.

"You. Huh?"

"I'll explain later but I called in a favor," he said and I nodded.

"Eric Johnson, this is the Zachana Police Force. Lower your weapons and surrender peacefully," A voice said through the airships speaker. I heard Eric let out a growl before he pulled out something. I gasped when Peter put a hand on my arm stopping me.

"Your bombs aren't going to work, you piece of shit," Peter said as he held up his other hand, where I noticed several devices were dangling down.

"Now you go, Kitty Cat," he said and I nodded before Cindy and I both jumped down.

"How?! How did you do this?!"

"Because I don't need to get people to be scared of me to listen to me. It's over, Eric. Nighthands is over," I said and he looked behind him.

"What do we do?" I heard him ask.

"This is your fight. My fight is with him," the unknown man said as he pointed to Peter.

"I'm touched," I heard Peter say before he was gone from his spot and landed a powerful attack on the unknown man who buckled more than Quintin had under the weight of Epilogue.

"Let's take this somewhere else, shitstain," Peter growled before they were both just gone as they fought to the woods.

"I told you, Eric. It's over," I said and he let out a loud yell before he tried to attack me. I dodged his attack easily before I punched him, sending him flying where he landed on the ground harshly.

"Kill them!" Eric yelled and I looked at Cindy making her nod before everyone that made up, Pheonix Scythe ran into battle once more. I turned my attention back to Eric who threw himself at me and I fought him until the ground shook and I just knew it had to deal with Alec being a Guardian.

"Just stand down, Eric. More police and Hunters are on the way," I said and he let out a mocking laugh.

"I see you're still to scared to face me,"

"I'm here for Zeamonia and to establish a better Origination for us Hybrids. Not you," I said and he let out a mocking laugh.

"You are still afraid and you should be. I've made powerful friends while you've been away," he said.

"Oh ya? Where are they?" I asked with a smug smirk making him stop for a moment making me smirk even more.

"I know who your friends are. I know why Ulric wants you at his table. You've become his little bitch to help make his ploy of killing all of Humanity, which includes us Hybrids. You've become the very thing you've hated. A puppet," I said before I stood up straighter.

"Also for someone praising about having such good friends, that it's sad no one is fighting for you," I said and he looked around in shock as everyone in Nighthands was either giving up or was apprehended. He growled before he sent one last attack at me before he ran away.

"Don't," I said as a few students went to go after him.

"But he's getting away,"

"I know. Let him. We go after him and he's just going to pick us off. He's mine to deal with anyway and I will on another day. Protecting the school and the communication tower is way more important. I'll handle the backlash that comes from the police," I said and they nodded.

"Handle clean up and make sure you handle any ghouls that have managed to slip in with the panic,"

"Yes ma'am," They said before running off leaving me to go run to my team. I kicked someone away from Aurora before I stood next to her.

"She works for the Rebel Guardian. Same as the dude that the others are fighting. Where's Peter?" Aurora asked quickly while explaining the situation before I even had to ask.

"Dealing with another one of Ulric's bitches. Peter's SWORD?" I asked.

"There was a large number of Ghouls coming to the city that they said they would handle after the group in the woods. Lillian saw bombs and had Peter deal with them,"

"Hm. What's the plan?" I asked as Indigo and Malia ran up to us.

I nodded once I got the plan before we attacked until Peter flew in. He sent the girl flying with a harsh kick, one that made me wince in sympathy before she was gone as the boy ran up to her and they vanished from our view.

"Should we go after them?"

"No. We'll deal with them on another day. If there's a backlash, I'll take care of it. Are you guys hurt?"

"Nothing major. You?" Aurora asked.

"Nothing that a good nights sleep and food won't fix,"

"What about the big motherfucker you fought?" I asked and Peter let out a chuckle at that.

"Dead. Ulric is now officially down one follower," he said and we nodded before Peter's Team SWORD came in. We all smiled and hugged each other before Peter's team SWORD looked at all of us with proud smiles but Peter didn't smile.

"Alec didn't make it did he?" I asked and Peter shook his head.

"Did she steal his as well?" Malia asked.

"No," Peter said before he pulled out a crystal necklace.

"Alec stored the power in here and gave it to me but she wasn't there. The Artifact is safe," Peter said we all sighed in relief.

"Who's going to replace him then?" Aurora asked.

"That's what the necklace will decide. I know the next Guardian is in this room but I cannot see who," he said before he said something in a language we didn't understand but I saw Miles react before the necklace left Peter's hand and floated over to Miles.

"I. Why me?" Miles asked softly.

"I asked myself the same thing when I was given the title as the Leader. You don't have to accept now or ever if you don't want to. I can find someone else," Peter said and Miles put his head down before he looked up and I couldn't help but smile at the determine shine that was in his eyes.

"I accept and I'll make sure we stop her and Ulric," Miles said and Peter nodded.

"Then your training as a Guardian will start two days from now. Bright and early. Take the necklace and the power will go to you. What you do with the necklace next is up to you," Peter said and we all watched as Miles took the necklace a moment later. Miles gasped before his eyes emitted red-flames that seemed to emit small amounts of lightning. Miles blinked and the flames were gone as he stared at the necklace in shock before he pulled it on.

"Congratulations, Guardian Miles," We all said and he let out a nervous laugh before we all laughed some as well.

"Let's go help with clean up and any repairs," Twelve said.

"Lead the charge then, Parrot," I said and he flipped me off making me laugh.

"Why do you antagonize him?" Gabe asked.

"Oh, she's not. We're friends but we both like to insult people and this works for us," Twelve said.

"I can and still will kick your ass," I said.

"Bring it on!" He said before we looked at each other and burst out laughing. We calmed down and walked out to go help with clean up.

Two weeks later, I nodded to Cindy and Carlos.

"You sure you two will be okay being in charge of the Pheonix Scythe here?" I asked.

"Ya. Headmaster Maria said she'd help us compile our reports before we send them to you via your AI, NOVA," Cindy said.

"Peter also instructed us that we were to send a certain code straight to his teams AI if it becomes a dire emergency, like with the tower," Carlos said and I nodded.

"You're lucky to learn straight from him and his team. We may not know how they were brought back, but it's good to have them back. Team SWORD are exceptional Hunters. My mom once said that Team SWORD is the team to have on your side if you wish to win, how you don't want to be their enemy. I can see what she meant during the fight. How quickly the three of them without Peter were able to handle the Ghouls. How Peter was quick to not only fight in the woods to disabling the bombs to getting one of the bigger enemies out, Cindy said and I nodded.

"Peter. He's a calm and level headed teacher. Always seeming to know just the way we should be able to train and learn without much of a struggle. The tips on upgrading our equipment, and more. I saw him train by himself once," Carlos said and I nodded some.

"What I saw was intense. He had the simulation room on the highest setting with his phone plugged in making it even harder. Yet he was making it seem like it was boring. Making me realize Peter isn't one you should make made,"

"Ya, he's not one you wish to piss off. I've seen him angry and it was scary. I don't want to see him truly pissed off and the whole time he was angry it wasn't even aimed at us. Both times it wasn't aimed at us but it doesn't make it less scary," I said as I looked over to Peter who was laughing at Twelve who was glaring in response.

"Despite that and him being a natural leader, prodigy Hunter and a genius to boot. He's still just a dork who tries his best to stop his little sister from growing up," I said as I saw Peter stop laughing in response to watch Aurora and Miles talk.

"Protective big brother mood seems to be activated," Cindy said and I snorted.

"That mood stays on. You should have seen when we went to town and someone was trying to flirt with, Malia,"

"I bet that was a sight to see," Carlos said and I nodded before I looked at them once more with a smile.

"I leave Pheonix Scythe in your capable hands, Cindy and Carlos,"

"We'll make you proud of our accomplishments here," Cindy said.

"I'm sure you both. No, I'm sure you all will," I said before we shook hands and I walked over to everyone else.

"Ready to hit the road?" Twelve asked.

"Yep," I said as I adjusted my bag.

"Then let's head to the station. We have a train to catch," Lillian said.

"We are traveling by train because why?" Miles asked.

"It's the only way we can get into the town where one of Askye's bases is located," Star said.

"Despite what's going on in their country and what we've all read," Lillian said.

"We'll have to temporarily side with your father, Mal," Peter said before he scrunched up his face.

"Fuck me, I never want to say those words again. They taste disgusting," he said and I chuckled.

"I'm sure they did, Furball."

"I grew up there. My parents are still there," Miles said.

"Ah, then before we fully leave we can stop for a day or two," Peter said and Miles nodded.

"How's your training going?" I asked.

"It's slow but I'm learning. Pete's a great teacher even if I do keep setting my clothes on fire," he said making us all laugh.

"You'll get the hang of it soon, Miles," Peter said before we started walking.

I sat on the train reading a book a bought when the door to my compartment opened making me look up to see Peter and an older lady.

"Mind if I sit in here with the two of you, deary?" She asked.

"I don't mind, ma'am. Do you need help with your bag?" I asked.

"No thank you, but thank you for the offer," She said and I nodded before I noticed her eye color as Peter sat in the seat next to me after shutting the door.

"You. You have green eyes," I said and she nodded.

"I do but my sight is gone. So I'm not a danger to them anymore," She said and I looked over to Peter who leaned forward.

"A danger to them anymore? What do you mean by that ma'am?"

"Well-"

"Ah, forgive me. My name's Peter. Peter Parker-Stark and this is my friend, Michelle Jones,"

"Ah. I've heard a lot about you, Mr. Parker-Stark. You are quite the Hunter. I would have loved to fight alongside you, but sadly my eyes no longer see,"

"What happened?" I asked her softly after marking my spot in my book.

"I was attacked. They took my eyes because they would cause him great harm," She said and I blinked at that before I looked over to Peter who had gone pale.

"Are. Do you. Do you know about Him? About Ulric?" Peter asked in a soft voice.

"Yes, I know about him. He fears us Green eyes," She said and Peter got even paler so I sat my hand on his.

"His sister. She has green eyes. Peter went to find out about something she did during the attack at Silver Valley but he came up empty-handed," I said.

"Are you talking about the light that can cause Ghouls to either be destroyed and turned to Stone?" She asked.

"Yes," Peter choked out.

"I see. First of all. My name is Sif. Well, my friends used to call me Lady Sif," She said and Peter nearly broke his neck to look at her once more.

"Holy! What?! Your Lady Sif?! I! Holy shit!" he breathed and I let out a nervous laugh.

"Should I know?"

"Lady Sif used to be on a team named WARRIOR. Lady Sif and the Warrior Three was another name for them. They were on par with Team SWORD, the original team SWORD before mine came into the picture and we wiped their story out. As a child, I was fascinated by their stories, your weapon especially. The sword turned Scythe, it's why I use a Scythe in the first place," Peter said and I looked at him before I laughed.

"Holy shit, I never thought I would see the day, you, Peter would fangirl," I said.

"Shut up, Kitty Cat," he said and I snickered.

"Well, I'm honored to hear that you use a Scythe because of me," Lady Sif said as she stared ahead with a soft smile.

"I. Will you-"

"Will I teach your sister about what's so special about Green eyes?"

"Y-Yes?"

"What's her name and what is she like?" Lady Sif asked.

"Her name's Aurora. Aurora Morgan Stark," I said and I saw Lady Sif sit up straighter.

"Green eyes and named after the first ray of light," She whispered.

"Yes," Peter got out.

"I'll train her," Lady Sif said.

"I. Thank you!" Peter said.

"Bring her to me and I'll start now but for it to truly come to her it'll be in the field,"

"I get it. It's like being a Guardian but more dangerous," Peter said before he was gone.

"May I ask how you get around without seeing?" I asked.

"I have an excellent sense of hearing that it paints the surroundings around me. I can see you holding your book in your lap. What's it about?" She asked.

"I. That's incredible. Oh, and it's about how some Hybrids were treated in the past. A long way in the past. I'm reading it to see if I can fin certain points to make as I continue to spread Pheonix Scythe out to overthrow Nighthands," I said.

"Ah. Why did you call it Pheonix Scythe?"

"Pheonix is represented by the Goddess. It's good. Pheonix is reborn from its ashes. I'm building it up from the dirt. Our ash," I said and she nodded.

"Why a Scythe? Why not a shield?" she asked and I felt my face turn hot.

"Ah, the boy," she said and I felt my face get even hotter.

"It seemed stupid when I said to in a meeting with the Hybrid Students at Zeamonia Institution but they loved it. A Scythe is used to attack, yes but if you hold it a certain way, it can be used as a shield. A scythe in the right hands becomes even more of a symbol," I said and she nodded with another soft smile on her lips.

"I get it. Does he know?"

"No,"

"Why not?"

"Because then I'd have to tie in my feelings and now isn't the time for relationships. Not when I have to deal with my ex-boyfriend. Peter with his own mental health and Ulric," I said.

"You shouldn't wait to long though or you'll regret it. I know I do," Lady Sif said and despite her eyes being blinded, I could see the sadness in them.

"I. I'll tell him eventually but not now," I said and she nodded before the door was opened by Peter, who had a confused Aurora with him.

"I'll let you teach her, Lady Sif. I'd like to hear some of your stories later if you'd let me,"

"I'd love to tell you. I'll even tell you about my own personal experience with people treating your kind like dirt for you to think about as well,"

"I'd love that," I said before I walked out.

I looked out the window before my ears twitched at the sound of Ghoul growls.

"Well. Here's a learning experience for you all. Learning how to fight Ghouls on a train," Twelve said.

"Oh boy," I said dryly before I followed them out.

"Oh boy you're a big bitch," I said to a ghoul that landed on the train. I looked around some.

"Peter! Give me a boost!" I yelled and I saw him nod before he shifted his hold on his scythe. I ran towards it and he turned before my feet landed very carefully on the blade before he twisted and threw me up above the ghoul. I shot myself down before landing a killing blow on the ghouls head.

"Tunnel!" Malia yelled and I yelped as I was grabbed and pulled down in between the train cars.

"Chill, it's me. Sorry I didn't warn you!" Peter said and I rolled my eyes as we walked back into the train.

"So, how'd it feel to be in his arms like that?" Indigo's voice asked in my head and I threw a pillow at her.

"Shut UP!" I said as she laughed.

Over the next couple of days, we took care of the ghouls that randomly attacked while keeping ourselves entertained until we made it to where Miles grew up.

"Come on. I'll give you a small tour until we get to my house," Miles said with a bright smile.

"Lead the way," Peter said and we started walking with our stuff. Miles pointed at stores that were good and restaurants until we got to a street filled with houses.

"And this is the street I grew up on. My house is only a couple down," he said as he nearly started vibrating.

"You might want to chill out before you set yourself on fire again and Peter has to soak you," I said and Miles laughed before he let out a few breaths.

"Alright come on," he said before we followed him down the street some before he climbed up the steps to a house.

"It's not fancy but it's home," Miles said.

"It's better than what I grew up in," I said as I thought about the really shitty apartment that was lucky to be standing.

"Okay, enough doom and gloom from you, Kitty Cat,"

"Right, I need to leave that to the professional. Ain't that right feathers?" I asked.

"Wow, okay! Rude!" Peter said and we laughed at that before Miles knocked on the door. A few moments later, the door opened.

"Hi, momma," Miles said and she gasped before nearly tackling him down the steps but Miles caught his footing keeping them upright. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 33 29
Power. The allure of it alone can drive those to destroy worlds. Power to some is control, others it's destruction, and even to a few a curse. Power...
13.2K 168 44
I don't know what to put here I have really to much free time Tw: Self harm Suicidal thoughts Eating disorder Flash Abuse Mention of calories Sucide...
77.7K 1K 36
Lives kicks everyone to the ground, nothings different for Y/N L/N, being exiled from noble family members the life of a unlicensed hunter comes at a...
56.1K 868 30
(There are some schools out there who have kids with incredible powers, Wether they be "Quirks", "Sacred Gears", Or" Semblances", however, there live...