Mafia Servant

By xzxunknownxzx

I'm Elizabeth Vivere. Nineteen and in my prime. But here I am, hacking into powerful Mafia families. Literal... More

Chapter 1 - Throwing herself into the spotlight
Chapter 2 - Iced manuka honey macchiato & gut feelings
Chapter 3 - Capturing the Sun
Chapter 4 - I molested a bad angel
Chapter 5 - I'm officially his
Chapter 6 - When Medusa petrifies herself
Chapter 7 - What time is it? Plot twist time
Chapter 8 - Red-filled night
Chapter 9 - Got a problem with my non-existing humps?
Chapter 10 - More slimy than kids slime
Chapter 11 - Titanic and Tentacles
Chapter 12 - If all arguments are like this, everyone would be doing it
Chapter 13 - Today, I'm so popular
Chapter 14 - A veil of rain
Chapter 15 - Shining bright like a diamond
Chapter 16 - The Dove's Rising
Chapter 17 - Losing hope
Chapter 18 - Pain felt by the lonely
Chapter 19 - Weight of the world
Chapter 20 - Intruders
Chapter 21 - Governor's orders
Chapter 22 - Change of heart
Chapter 23 - Worse than a celebrity crush
Chapter 24 - Misfit aliens
Chapter 25 - Battle of the hearts
Chapter 26 - Amber
Chapter 27 - Cat fight
Chapter 28 - A happy Birthday
Chapter 30 - Me, myself and I
Chapter 31 - Need no prince
Chapter 32 - Betrayer's warning
Chapter 33 - Elizabeth. Elizabeth Vivere.
Chapter 34 - We all make choices
Chapter 35 - Cracks and motives
Chapter 36 - The past, the present and the future
Chapter 37 - Our trust's fall
Chapter 38 - Same babies, different lives
Chapter 39 - Where I belong
Chapter 40 - Pest exterminators
Chapter 41 - Alpha female
Chapter 42 - Smack, slap and kick. Not sleep, stare and kiss!
Chapter 43 - Pep talk
Chapter 44 - The greatest escape artists
Chapter 45 - Ghosts, old and new
Chapter 46 - The End
Chapter 47 - Three forgotten things
Chapter 48 - Finding strength
Chapter 49 - Boys and their wrong bra cups
Chapter 50 - One million, nine hundred and fifty thousand dollars
Chapter 51 - Mafia's prom
Chapter 52 - The Mietitore
Chapter 53 - Unbreakable promises
Chapter 54 - Entering room three, three, three
Chapter 55 - Unescapable fate
Chapter 56 - Last goodbyes
Chapter 57 - I'm sorry, babe.
Chapter 58 - She was my "Everything and Anything"
Chapter 59 - Angel's angel
Chapter 60 - Mafia Servant no more
A letter from me to you
❤️Book Covers❤️

Chapter 29 - Fools

189 6 3
By xzxunknownxzx

Bon Appétit! :D

Elizabeth's POV

I was trapped in a sea of fire. Screams came from every direction but the loudest one belonged to me, as fire licked my skin, melting it like ice cream on a hot day. Writhing in agony, I clawed my own body to stop the impossible pain.

A pair of amber eyes materialised in the fog of stifling smoke.

"Alexander..."

An unbearable shot of pain speared into my head as I woke up. It overtook my entire body for a few seconds, paralysing me with pain and fear at the same time. Clutching to my head, I practiced deep breathings to calm myself down. Soon, the pain lowered to a insistent throbbing. Popping a painkiller, I sat up and leaned back against the cold wall.

Sixth time. This recurring dream has happened for six times already, replaying the same name, the same pain and the same eyes. Eyes that belongs to a phantom of the Ghost Valley and a name that belongs to a wheelchair-bound lady.

In the pitch-black basement of the Cheese In The Trap, I searched for my phone under the pillow. My glaring screen showed that it was a little past four am, where I should be in deep sleep. But since the dream started, I could never go back to sleep once I am jolted awake. Not that I could toss and turn on my mattress until the day reaches a functional time.

I pouted as I looked around in the dark, dispirited. Today was a day I really wanted to skip past.

The girl in the mirror looked like a zombie. Her pallor exaggerated her darkened eye circles, a result from the lack of sleep since she have gotten back from the hill. Initially, she blamed the trauma for her dream but it did not made much sense. The past three years had put her into similar experiences but she had gotten past them very quickly.

Not the same thrilling near-death experience, but there were some nights I had thought I wouldn't see tomorrow's morning.

"Whatever," I muttered to myself. Putting on the new black leather jacket Rafael had gifted me, I was about to leave the washroom, when the bottle of perfume caught my eye.

Angelo's gift was a bottle of perfume. Wrapped up in a crystalline bottle, the clear liquid inside smells of fresh lavender and a hint of fruity citrus. I could not decipher what brand this perfume was from but it is heavenly.

Though a perfume would be an ideal gift for many girls, it is not for me. Because, my job depended on me not leaving a trail. Online or offline, it is the one rule I go by. Wearing perfume would only cost me.

The gift showed the difference in our thinking. Angelo and I were never on the same page.

Julian's birthday gift was indeed handy. The night vision sunglasses was a necessity as I walked through the Black Market. It has gotten much quieter as the night moved towards near dawn and the last of the night owls starts to return home. My clarity in the darkened Black Market was the same as my own vision during daylight. The nineteen year old had proudly revealed his efforts to get the Arc to create the sunglasses for me, as Julian recognises the Arc's superb handiwork while creating the Oracle's mask.

Named A man's last stop, this was the place for the sick, dying or dead. The run-down establishment was laughable in comparison to the Saint's hospital. There were no doctors and nurses bearing surgical masks on their faces, just uniformly clothed people roving around. Curtains instead of doors were used to separate patients and shouts and crashes happened every few minutes.

Taking a deep breath, I walked in, wishing that I'll come out safely.

I avoided pools of unknown substances and sped to the only room with a proper door. "Dickhead doc, I need your help." I barged into the room without knocking. I hit aside the silver platter came flying in my direction and it clattered nosily on the floor.

"Get out, brat." The old man spoke as he made a cut on the naked corpse propped on a autopsy table. Honestly, I had no idea what his name was. Not many knew the true identity of the reputable doctor. The elderly doctor was one of the first few people to make their livelihood here in the Black Market, long before Black Market had gotten its name. Those who got to understand him at a personal level have either died or moved away.

"I have a corpse for you to take a look at." I proposed, targeting the old man's only passion in life. The dead.

Well, not a corpse. A semi-corpse.

Cody Castello have remained in his vegetative state without any signs of improvement, according to my Castello informant. His father tried all kinds of treatment but his son was unresponsive.

Hating to owe Cody his life, I began my search for ways to recover him. However, Dr. Greene was just as clueless as MJ's medical notes.

Just as I was about to sleep away the best birthday I ever had, my informant had notified me that Cody Castello's condition have gotten worse. The best present someone have gifted me.

I should have meant that in a genuine way because Cody Castello was the reason why I have lost my freedom to Angelo. But, I could not muster a smile when I received the information. Insted, sadness and anxiety coursed through my veins.

I thought I had more time.

"I have more than enough corpses to see, get out!" The old man refuted, his hands still moving across the corpse.

"Technically, it's a semi-corpse. One that the Mietitores, Valentines and Castellos can't figure out the treatment for. Come on dickhead doc, you are the only one who can do that!" I buttered but my words were not far from the truth.

The old man had his own ways with the human bodies. Although his prescriptions were out of the norm and ridiculous at times, it has always proven to be miraculously effective. We hated and loved him at the same time.

"Is Cody Castello willing to pay the price?" He smirked.

I was hoping to not touch this power card at all. As I sat in the darkness of the basement, struggling to find a solution, the old man came to my mind. If he wanted to keep someone alive, even Death have to give in to him. There was no illness he could not heal.

But he came at a hefty price.

The doctor does not charge money for his services. His only payment is a vow from his patients. Only those that promised to settle down in the Black Market till their deaths are treated by the old man. Those that broke that promise, ended up dead in the hands of their saviour.

"I can give her life, but I can also take it away." The old doctor have once said to a crying mother holding on to her dead daughter. The latter had ran away after the doctor treated her paralysis. She died quite horribly, with all her internal organs intoxicated with poison and her two legs broken.

I laughed at his price before. Doctors have a duty to save lives. But the old man had made it an option for his patients. Their own life were in their hands, to make a vow or not.

"I didn't manage to get into his brain and obtain a reply, dickhead doc." I retorted, he was asking the obvious. "Then, get out." The old doctor resumed on the corpse.

Cody Castello was an certified asshole but he did not deserve any of this. With too many weaknesses that can be exploited, he had become a pawn in the game between the high powers. Others would say its the retribution for his dirty act, but he was just a sacrificial lamb for the real evil.

I used to have high hopes that I could figure something out for Cody, I have believed there could be someone or something in the seven cities that would do the job. But sometimes, our best are not enough. This feeling of disappointment and tiredness eventually made me choose the only remedy, the old doctor at the Black Market.

"What if...what if I take his place?" The offer was the reason why I held this option back as my last resort. The old man's price was a heavy one. One that I could afford, but one that I did not want to pay.

In the past, his price would be a gift. Living in the Black Market could forge a more ordinary life for me than the one I'm in.  However, with a blood debt to collect, his price has become an anchor, restricting me from completing my wish.

But I swore to not have another life sacrificed because of me. And Cody's life was one I could save.

"That works too. But the day you die, he dies as well." The doctor cooly compromised. His eyes with sparkling with glee, already knowing my decision.

"Deal, dickhead doc."

The old man pulled out a file from the shelves and flipped it open. As he flips through the plastic folders, I could see the vast collection of vows people have made with him. His smirk widened into a grin as he pulled out a oil and grease resistant parchment paper, the content of the vows printed on it.

"Signature and thumb print here." He placed it on the table, along with a pen and stamp pad.

I picked up the pen, but hesitated to sign my life over to the Black Market. "Is there any room for negotiation? Maybe I will stay in the Black Market until you die? I think that won't take long..." His glare shut me up.

There was still so many things I want to do! Like getting a boyfriend, going to the amusement park and travel to the seven cities! I have pursue freedom for half  of my life. There will be no return once I do this.

"Hurry up, brat! Don't make me change my mind!" The old man slammed his cane on the floor as he stared at me, annoyed.

The tip of the pen made a splotch on the paper before I shouted, startling the old man who was gazing at the paper intensely.

"What now!" The old man huffed and hit me with his cane. I let out a small yell and laughed sheepishly,"Dickhead doc, do you want to look at the case first? What if you can't fix him?" His face turned red and the old man clutched his chest, no one has ever questioned his medical capability.

He pointed a shaky finger at me, too furious to mutter a single word. Not wanting to cause the old man to die in a fit of rage, I brisk-walked to the door, taking my leave. Yet, through his wheezing, the old man firmly ordered,"Show me, you brat."

While the old man was studying the case, I was observing him. His good temper surprised me. After all, he had banned people from entering the establishment before, just because they were breathing loudly in front of him.

He seems very eager to make me stay in the Black Market. I shuddered at that thought, my hands subconsciously hugging my own chest. "I prefer younger brats than you, brat." The old man snickered, not looking up from my phone.

"And I prefer older, richer man than you, old stinky pervert doctor." I shot back without thinking, fully ashamed of my own childish words after it left my mouth. The old man sneered. I watched with worry as the old doc's expression gradually turned solemn.

Throwing my phone back to me, he offered the pen once more. "I can guarantee his life. Make the vow." The old man concluded, not willing to have anymore delays. 

I stared at my signature on the parchment paper. The last time I had to sign something was also a contract with an unclear deadline. Not even halfway through my debt, I was growing tired of the contract with Angelo.

This, was for life.

Half of my stained thumb was pressed on the paper when my phone buzzed.

A message from my Castello informant. Cody Castello has woken up.

I lifted my thumb up immediately, letting out a huge sign that the stamp mark was not complete. "What is the meaning of this, brat?" The old doctor sighed, his question lacking strength. I read the message again and again. Cody has woken up, finally.

"Cody has woken up, old doc!" I beamed with glee, my guilt flying out of the window. I tore the parchment paper into pieces before it could be used to threaten my freedom and bid the old doctor farewell. "Take an empty one, brat." The cane thumped the ground as the old man made his way to me with a new vow in his hand. Dickhead doc held no disappointment nor anger at my last-minute change of mind.

"You might need it in the future."

The gray clouds sheltered me from the afternoon Sun as I travelled to the Castello family mansion. I wanted to witness the Castello prince being alive and up with my own eyes. At first, I had doubts about the latest news. My informant have just said last night that Cody's condition has worsened but overnight, Cody has awoken. But, the text from the Oracle has assured me it was true information as the Oracle confirmed the news himself.

Other than the Oracle, there was so far no leakage of this good news. Till now, the Mafia in the Hollow has no clue about Cody's awakening. Casper Castello has decided to keep this a secret from everyone, to keep his son out of danger. Bless the Hollow, my informant is a high-rank Castello member who has access to most of the things ongoing in that family.

Acting like a Castello member was no kick. Somehow, if you could convince them that you are a member, they will do whatever you ask of them. They had directed me to the young master's room with alacrity. Trust and brotherhood essential things for a Mafia family, but such low-wit willingness to trust any brothers is detrimental.

However, if I had known how obvious his room would be, I would not even have asked for help. The huge sign hanging on his door that says, "My roof, My rules" told me that the pre-puberty Castello prince resides behind that door. My mind was so occupied with his poisoning and other adult stuff, that I forgot Cody Castello was still a child wearing Ben 10 boxers.

Mentally rolled my eyes at his lameness, I openly stepped into his room.

His room was filled with bouquets of flowers and hampers, carrying congratulatory messages. They partially blocked the posters covering almost every inch of his wall. The posters featured wrestlers and soccer players, some signed. Discretely, there was a poster of a popular boy pop band on the back of his door.

A plasma tv was hanging on the wall opposite his king-sized bed, the latest game console  connected to it, with a shelf full of game CDs and a expensive gaming headset beside it.

I smiled at how ordinary the room looked. It suggested that its owner was just a normal schooling kid. Not someone who had killed or harmed people as part of his daily job, always plotting against others.

Looking around at the spacious room, I felt pity for Cody. The family has used blood to trade for the privileges he was born with. Now, he has to take on that duty as well, to continue his family lineage and let his future generation live the good life he naively had.

He's just a well-dressed prisoner in a well-packaged jail.

Turning to the boy sleeping on the bed, the glass cabinet beside his bed caught my eye. It has puzzled me greatly. A set of tattered outfit was hanged up in it, with a label that-the Castello prince turned in his sleep, his head rolling towards my direction. I froze, afraid to jostle him up from his sleep.

Ugh! I raised my fist to punch Cody as he had continued to snore away loudly, a false alarm.

"Tsk, I almost signed myself to the Black Market for this moron? What in the Hollow are you thinking, Elizabeth?" I whispered to myself, tapping my own temple. Knowing that the prince is alright, I left the room before I actually roused him up. 

Twenty minutes later, I was leaving by the same way as I have entered, the guard house still deserted. My informant has kindly bribed the guards at the west gate to take a thirty minutes tea break, allowing me to enter and leave the mansion without getting seen.

However, I wasn't alone at the west gate. Just as I was walking past the guard house, a black sedan rolled in. It has stopped at the west gate of the Castello mansion, honking impatiently for the guards to open the gates. 

The windows were tinted, keeping the identity of the passengers hidden. But not for long. The driver has shuffled down his car window, shouting for the guards. Seeing him unbuckle his seatbelt, I slipped into the guard house and operated the gate to let them pass through.

I twisted my body to cover my face from the small windows at the side of the guard house, hoping that the car would not notice that they had an intruder. Bless the Hollow, the black sedan drove in smoothly and parked itself at the drop-off spot.

Casper Castello got off first and opened the door for his fellow passenger, his smile could not be any wider. A waist-length brown hair lady got out instead of his plump wife. Opting for a full length leather trench coat and a big red hat with a laced black veil, Jessica Gold strutted off into the mansion, using Casper Castello as her arm support. Though she was hidden by her veil, her posture and fashion style screamed Jessica Gold. By this time, I was fully desensitised from seeing her, unpredictability being her personality.

Whipping out my phone, I snapped a few photos of the duo as they treaded further into the mansion. The photos will come in handy one day, when Angelo and Rafael need a wake up call.

Jessica Gold must be a frequent visitor as the Castello men greeted the duo with a quick bow, familiar with the two of them. My phone vibrated in my pocket, the thirty minutes was up. Sparing the retreating duo one last glance, I sneaked out of the premises of the Castello mansion.

Third person's POV

Casper Castello was tapping his hand on the leather seat, impatient from waiting for the useless guards to let them in to the mansion. His heart started beating again when news have arrived early this morning informing him that his son has woken up.

A miracle has happened.

In comparison, Jessica Gold was relaxed and not in a rush at all to see the awoken Castello prince. After all, she was the one who had delivered the antidote to the Castello doctor. She was in a meeting with Caspar Castello when the good news have arrived and she swore Caspar Castello could have leaped out of the window in his happiness.

The Castello head thanked her profusely when the doctor informed him that it was the red lady who had delivered the antidote. His eyes was worshipping her as his family's life saviour, deep-felt gratitude and adoration now embedded in his eyes whenever he looked at her.

Jessica Gold have smirked behind her veil as she watched Caspar Castello completely hand over his trust to her after his son has recovered with her help. His previous doubt and wary erased.

The gate finally opened when the driver was about to get out of the car, after getting severely scolded by Casper Castello. They sped past the opened west gate with Casper Castello ready to jump out of the window to go see his beloved son.

While Casper Castello's eyes were stuck to the road infront of them, Jessica Gold made an excellent discovery. Her sweeping eyes have caught sight of a scarlet ponytail from the small windows at the side of the guardhouse. That shade of red was recognisable even if it is burnt to ashes. Elizabeth Vivere was here in the Castello mansion.

Jessica contemplated to tell the man beside her that the assumed culprit for her son's poisoning was just a breath away. The man would be delighted to have someone to torture, when the Mietitores are beyond his touch.

But it wouldn't be as fun to just watch. I rather get in there myself. Jessica's eyes gleamed with newfound excitement, her blood thirst was not below that of Casper Castello's. Elizabeth Vivere was a meddling bitch who have stumped her path more than once and Jessica Gold had enough of her itchy hands.

Don't blame me, Elizabeth Vivere. You delivered yourself to my doorsteps and no dumb bitch would let this chance go. A wicked plan begin to build in her mind and Jessica Gold grinned at the fun she was about to have.

"Rafael darling," Jessica purred as she hugged the muscular Valentine prince. The Valentine prince squeezed her gently as he returned the gesture, before pulling out the chair for her.

The two were having a meal together at the restaurant they frequent, owned by the Valentines. They were at a discrete booth, afraid of extra eyes. Both share the same sentiment of guilt, despite just having a meal together.

They were in the midst of talking when Jessica caught Rafael deeply staring at her. She flashed him a small smile,"Is there something on my face?" The Valentine prince's fingers inched across the table and took hold of her hand, he nodded. "Beauty."

Jessica lowered her eyes, blushing from the sudden compliment. Just as she was about to praise him back, Rafael gently withdrawn his hand, his face turning serious. "Where are we heading to, Jessica?" The question had lingered in his mind since Elizabeth's birthday celebration. When she made out with Angelo passionately, Rafael felt torn between jealousy, anger and guilt.

One was his best friend, his brother and the person he trusted the most in this world. The other was a girl who gave him the desire to forgo everything he owned and everything he could have, if he didn't go for her.

Rafael Valentine did not know what to do next, for the first time.

"I love you, Rafael Valentine. But I love Angelo too. I'm happy with how things are going now. Can't we remain like this?" Jessica Gold's eyes watered as she make the confession.

Rafael shook his head, he frowned in pain. "I don't want to be a second choice, Jessica, hidden away from the world. I want to bring you out on dates, hold your hand in the public and show the world my girlfriend. Not...this." Rafael waved his hand at their booth.

"Don't make me choose, please. I-I can't..." Jessica trailed off, her hands reaching out to grip Rafael's. Tears flowed down her rosy cheeks and her nose reddened from crying, softening Rafael's heart. The Valentine prince wiped away her tears and caressed her small face filled with hurt. The secret couple sat down in the booth for very long, words were not necessary as they were communicated through the stares exchanged between the two of them.

After finishing their meals, the Valentine prince proposed an idea that made Jessica Gold grin. "Let's remain like this, for now. We will think about the future when it comes." Rafael offered, his own happiness reflected on his partner's face. She nodded happily, tears of joy flowing once more.

The couple walked out of the booth separately, with the lady making the first move. Rafael patted his breast pocket, where his heart was, satisfied with what he has with Jessica.

Meanwhile, Jessica Gold cockily wiped the tears away and smirked. Jealousy indeed work best for Alpha males. Both have proclaimed their love for her in the same week, after she had induced them into a fit of sour jealousy. She felt invincible even though it was no difficult feat to have two of the mafia princes wrapped around her little finger.

She would give them all that they wanted and more. Then watch the boys fall to the depths of hell when she take it all away from them.

I never want to come across a Jessica Gold in my life :(

Though I mentioned that sometimes our best is not enough, please please please don't ever give up. You might only be experiencing obstacles now, but I'm sure with all your hard work and efforts, you will succeed! Keep going!!! :) I personally believe our efforts will never be in vain! 

Also, I'm very excited to share some awesome book covers cautionxary have kindly made! Stay tuned :D
Thank you for reading and see you in the next chapter! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.4K 692 47
His lost Tesoro ( Treasure ) Book one of His serie Isabel was only 5 months old when her family abandoned her at an orphanage or that's what she thin...
134K 2.5K 39
Lilianne was a young girl abused her whole life. What happens when one day she gets kidnapped by her father the Don of the Italian Mafia. She refuses...
808K 17.1K 64
Earlier known as Devil In Disguise!! "Has anyone ever kissed you, Maria?" He said with a low voice. Well, that got my attention. I was unable to say...
9.9K 273 34
Akira and Lila. A pair of twins, the Romano twins to be exact. They were part of the most feared family. However, they were kept in the dark about wh...