The Invisible Best Friends

By Blackrose2027

Meet Alyssa Bent, she's a nerd. But not your typical one. She likes to read, but her world doesn't totally re... More

The Invisible Best Friends
Chapter 1 : Gradient High
Chapter 2 : Best Friend Introduction
Chapter 3: One Step Ahead Of You
Chapter 4 : A New Friend
Chapter 5 : Beggining Of A War
Chapter 6 : Just Not My Day
Chapter 7 : Something's Wrong
Chapter 8 : Revelation
Chapter 9: Spinning Around
Chapter 10 : Oops?
Chapter 11 : Chasing Around
Chapter 12 : The World Of The Citrus
Chapter 13 : Breaking A Layer
Chapter 14 : Persuasion in Vain
Chapter 16: Might As Well Get Hit By A Frying Pan
Chapter 17: Confusing Confusion
Aaron's POV
Question/Answers
Chapter 18 : I Am Really Bad At Farting Comebacks
Chapter 19: So That's How I Got Into The Competition
Chapter 20: Shut Up, Banana Girl!
Chapter 21: Maybe It Was Over For Me
Chapter 22: Nothing At All
Chapter 23: Back On Track
Chapter 24: Oxygen Hydrogen Carbon Radium Phosphorous
A/N
Chapter 25: It was Showtime
Aaron's POV (Part One)
Aaron's POV (Part two)
Chapter 26: Memories
Thank You <3
Chapter 27: Lets Turn Ali Into A Tomato Day
Chapter 28: Sugar Rush
Character Competition *CLOSED*
Results for the Character Competition
Chapter 29: Bring It On, Montez
Chapter 30: Mission: Tomato Love
Chapter 31: Pooping the Way
Chapter 32: Fluster Day
Question us!
Chapter 33: Meeting New People
Chapter 34: Cuddle Session
Chapter 35: Surprises All The Way
Chapter 36: Dating Vibes
Alyssa in the House
Candy's POV
Chapter 37: Shock Like A Thunderbolt
Chapter 38: Fight Song
Chapter 39: Dreams
Epilogue
Your chance to interview Aaron and Alyssa
My Rant: Why the epilogue hasnt been uploaded.
SEQUEL OR NO SEQUEL
British Banana (One Shots)
Sneak Peek into the NEW BOOK
⭐️EXCITING NEWS FOR TIBF⭐️

Chapter 15: The Day It Rains Hamburgers

158K 7.3K 2.2K
By Blackrose2027

Best Friends will make you laugh when you think you won't smile again......<3

Chapter 15 : The Day It Rains Hamburgers

"Are you ready honey?" my Mom called out from downstairs.

"Almost. Just wearing my shoes," I replied, as I pulled on my black converse.

Today was almost the end of the week. That indicated two things.

One, today was the last day for any kind of auditions and two, Sam's best friend was coming soon.

For the past week, both of my best friends had bugged me non-stop about the auditioning thing but I didn't budge, and today also wasn't going to be any different. Candy didn't trouble me much on this issue, which made me both relieved and a bit suspicious because he'd never been the one to back down.

Maybe it was me being paranoid, but still.

Sam had successfully cleared her audition, as predicted and was quite delighted. I was confident about her selection. I mean her tunes and tracks were amazing, so it was no surprise that she got selected.

"Honey, if you don't get your butt down here, you're gonna be late," Mom yelled, snapping me out of my reverie.

I hurried downstairs, with my bag and quickly hopped into the car. I examined myself in the small mirror that my Mom kept in the backseat pocket. I had worn blue skinny jeans with a loose sweatshirt that hung off my left shoulder. My hair were tied in a tight ponytail and had a bow-band keep them in place.

In about fifteen minutes, we reached school. I kissed my Mom goodbye and went inside the enormous building that went by the name 'school'.

"AALII!!" Sam shouted jogging towards me. A few people gave her a weird look while others ignored.

"No," I replied, knowing what was going to happen.

For the past week it had been the same routine for me. Sam or Candy came up to me, trying to make me audition but I didn't budge.

"Please?" Sam pouted.

"NO. My answer is not going to change!"

"Ugh-When will I be able to convince you?"

"The day it rains hamburgers," I said rolling my eyes.

"Really?" she asked.

I looked at her weirdly before going to my locker to take out my books and proceeded towards my class. I walked through the decorated hallways to the room of my physics class.

Oh how I hated this period.

The teacher Mr. Dougles was the epitome of boredome. He taught is a monotonous voice and his face was always etched into a frown. The only time we saw his face frownless was the time when he dicussed the topic of drama.

I swear that man loves drama more than his own wife.

Rumour says that he used to be an actor, performing in stage plays and stuff but the director of the plays kind of kicked him out. I have no idea how he ended up becoming a physics teacher though.

Anyway, coming back to the present time, I nearly squealed as I stood in front of my physics classroom. There was a white note stuck to the door that I read nearly ten times to confirm what I kept reading.

'Dear students, Mr. Dougles has been asked to help with the drama auditions, hence your class has been cancelled'

I skipped down the hallway, humming to myself but stopped in my tracks when I saw the sight in front of me.

Shelly along with her citrus group were busy tormenting someone. I try to look closely and see that it's Jenny, my lab partner from my Chemistry class.

"So you think that you are smarter than us?" Shelly sneered, kicking Jenny's shin. She stumbled, her books falling everywhere.

"N-No. I-I a-am s-s-sorry," Jenny stuttered and I spotted Candy standing there with an expression that says that he'd rather be anywhere but here.

"Yeah that's right. Say it once more," Jester taunted.

Jenny rubbed her eyes, wiping away her tears and repeated her apology.

Everyone laughed as Kent kicked her books away while Shelly grabbed Jenny by her pony tail, pulling her up. I winced at the sight.

"Now listen to me very carefully. If I see you near Vince or any popular for that matter, your punishment will be a lot more humiliating and painful. Am I clear?" She threatened.

Jenny nodded vigorously, while tears streamed down her face.

"Good," Shelly said, pushing Jenny on the floor, hard and splashed, what looked like some sort of juice on Jenny's hair.

"Now Aary(Aaron) baby, please do the ending part. We'll be in the cafeteria," She spoke, squeezing Candy's biceps in which was meant to be a seductive manner.

He nodded as the whole of the Citrus group strutted away.

As soon as they were out of sight, he crouched down to Jenny, who cowered away from him.

"Hey, hey. I am not going to do anything," He tried to reach out, but she kept flinching as she sobbed with the juice dripping down her face.

Not being able to see her like this anymore, I went towards her. She didn't deserve this at all. She was such a sweet and a nice girl.

I crouched down beside a helpless Aaron and pulled her into a hug. At first she flinched, but then she relaxed and sobbed into my top. I hugged her tightly as she kept crying into my top. My heart clenched at the way she was crying.

My top was wet and sticky by now but I didn't care. The Citrus group were ruthless bastards and they needed to be pushed off the pedestal they carried themselves on. I just hope they get a lesson before the end of our senior year.

After a few minutes, when she calmed down, I pulled away.

"Better?" I asked.

She nodded, wiping away her tears. "T-Thanks."

"No problem," I assured her, smiling.

She was about to say something when her eyes flicked over to Aaron, who hadn't left. Before she started cowering again, I swiftly held Candy's ear, tugging it slightly.

"Ow, ow, ow," he started whining as I pulled harder.

"Did this monkey do anything to you?" I asked Jenny, while I kept pulling his ear.

It took her a while to answer since she was finding it hard to believe what was going on.

"Uh-yea-I mean n-no. He didn't do a-anything," she said as she watched me pull his ear.

"Good," I said leaving him.

"What was that for?," Candy huffed, rubbing his now red ear.

"Nothing. I was just making sure," I said pinching his cheeks.

"You could have done that before pulling my ear," he said still rubbing his ear.

Before I could reply, I heard someone clear her thraot. I looked to see an amused Jenny observing us.

"Am I missing something here?"

"Uh, Jenny meet Aaron-my best friend, Aaron meet Jenny-my super awesome lab partner," I introduced them.

"Hey, nice to meet you," Candy brought out his hand for a handshake.

Jenny's eyes widened as she took in what I just said. "Uh, h-hi. Same here."

"Great, now I have to go. The queen bitch awaits. But before I go, Jenny, if anyone from the popular group asks what I did with you, just make up some story that says that whatever I did was quite brutal. Okay?"

She nodded, chuckling while I rolled my eyes.

"Thanks. Now, I need to go. Bye Jenny, Bye Muffin," he said.

"By the way," he stopped midway," you look like a drowned car, Muffin. Better go change."

"Awww," Jenny gushed at the same time I said,"Show off."

As I turned my attention back to Jenny, I asked her the question that had been bugging me.

"What did you do to get bullied by the popular group?"

"I-I kind of like Vince Stilson a-and I thought I might give it a shot by t-telling him how I feel," she stuttered a bit. Vince was also one of the populars. He was our school's star lacrosse player and a total sweetheart.

I motioned for her to continue.

"S-so I caught up with him before t-this period and told him," a pink blush formed on her cheeks.

"So what did he say?," I was now eager to find out.

"H-He said that he liked me too."

"Oh My GOD!! What next? Did he ask you out or something?"

"He was about t-to say something when the popular group c-came a-and....," she trailed off. She didn't have to say anything else because I had already seen the rest.

"Okay, let's get ourselves cleaned up."

She nodded and we proceeded towards the washroom.

****

"Come ON!!" Sam pulled me through the hallways.

"Hold on. It's not as if the lunch is going to fly away! We still have 20 minutes to go," I huffed as she continued pulling me.

You see, Sam came rushing to find me in the library, where I was sitting on my favorite spot by the window that overlooked the busy city roads, reading a book. She came in as she was being chased by a cheetah, with her auburn locks flying in different directions.

When I asked her what the matter was, she just dragged me out of the library.

"Come on, faster" she shouted as we ran down the hallway, which was quite empty by now.

"I am running. Why the hell are we running anyways?" I asked as we reached the cafeteria door.

"Okay, give me a second," She paused, trying to catch her breath as I did the same.

When finally my lungs were satisfied, I questioned her again.

"Remember when I asked to audition this morning?"

"Uh, yeah?" I asked confused as to where this conversation was going.

"And you said that you will do it the day it rains hamburgers?"

"Uh-huh"

"Well," she opened the cafeteria door where everyone was sitting in their own places.

"What now?" I asked, giving her a bored expression.

"Oh wait," she said looking for something in her bag," found IT!!"

She took out a small green whistle. She put the whistle in her mouth and blew into it.

A piercing shriek came out of it and then it happened.

Every single person in the cafeteria threw something in the air.

"What is this?" I asked.

As those things came down as a rain shower, I realized what they were.

HAMBURGERS.

"It's raining hamburgers!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quick question: Do you think Alyssa will audition? Or not?

Hey Guys!!

Here is an update! woohoo

I just wanna Thank You guys for waiting patiently! AND FINALLY MY EXAMS ARE OVER!!

Anyways, I wish you all a very Merry Christmas in advance that is if I'm unable to update on time.

And my BIRTHDAY is also coming....SO DOubLe YAY!!

Comment your views and keep voting and reading!

Jenny to the side------>

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

586K 9.4K 32
"You won't choke me when you come out, right?" She smiles, what a tease. "Stop it," I warn her. "That's a bad habit I can't seem to get rid of, and y...
1K 61 20
Have you ever liked some guy that is popular, attractive and yet annoying, rude, mean at the same time? I'm sure nearly every girl has. Mikasa your...
814 77 24
It keeps twisting and turning for Sarah school life, especially when it comes to school crushes, parties, and a school play! That was only the beginn...
9.7K 284 45
Most books are from the point of view of the good, nerdy girl and the queen b is paints in a very bad light. This story is from the perspective of th...