Chapter 32: Fluster Day

Okay! An UPDATE? Woohoo!

But before you guys ask, my exams aren't over yet. But since these are more like short tests, it's the only reason I'm able to update.

Happy Reading :)

Thank you PikyPady for the cover <3

Chapter 32: Fluster Day

"Come on," Candy gestured me to follow him.

I hesitated.

The locker rooms were empty by now. Everyone had gone, including Sam who found Nate once Candy had pulled me aside.

The competitions of the day were almost over and now Candy was telling me that he wanted me to meet a few of his friends (not from the citrus group)

"You might want to change though, I really don't want people talking to your legs all the time."

I rolled my eyes. "No. I'm getting a bit comfortable wearing shorts and I won't remove them now."

"But..."

I raised my eyebrow and folded my arms across my chest. "But...?"

"I-uh don't want people getting distracted in conversations."

"I don't think anyone is going to get distracted by my legs. And there are plenty of other girls who have much more tanned and long legs as compared to me. So they can stare at them all the time." I retorted.

I wasn't going to let this stupid protectiveness of Candy make me change into something else.

Before he could reply, my phone buzzed and I fished my pockets for it.

From: Sammy

Got a chance to get him flustered?"

Sent at 5:11 PM

I thought about it. I'd almost forgotten about the mission. But I didn't get how I was supposed to get him flustered.

What if the plan backfired or something? I'd sure be humiliated to the heights crossing Burj-Khalifa.

Dejected, I texted Sam.

To: Sammy

No :( I don't know how to do that.

Sent at 5:15 PM

"Who're you texting?" Candy asked, as we started walking towards the exit.

I rolled my eyes before muttering-

"My boyfriend."

He abruptly stopped, making me stumble. He looked at me with narrowed eyes. "You don't have a boyfriend."

I raised an eyebrow. "How would you know?"

"I'm your best friend. Why wouldn't I know?" He crossed his arms and looked at me.

I snorted. "Can't I hide things from you?"

"Nope," he said popping the 'p'.

I narrowed my eyes in return. "Cocky much?"

He smirked. "Can't help it Muffin. I just know everything about you. Hell, I even know the dates of when the Red Sea Tsunami hits you."

I turned Scarlett. "You don't need to remind about the 'info' mom oh-so graciously provided you with. And as a matter of fact, I may have a boyfriend."
I lied.

Not a good decision, though because as sad as it was, Candy did know pretty much everything about me.

But hey, I was going to stand my ground, no matter what. Even if I did end up loosing my dignity in a matter of few moments.