Chapter 15: The Day It Rains Hamburgers

Best Friends will make you laugh when you think you won't smile again......<3

Chapter 15 : The Day It Rains Hamburgers

"Are you ready honey?" my Mom called out from downstairs.

"Almost. Just wearing my shoes," I replied, as I pulled on my black converse.

Today was almost the end of the week. That indicated two things.

One, today was the last day for any kind of auditions and two, Sam's best friend was coming soon.

For the past week, both of my best friends had bugged me non-stop about the auditioning thing but I didn't budge, and today also wasn't going to be any different. Candy didn't trouble me much on this issue, which made me both relieved and a bit suspicious because he'd never been the one to back down.

Maybe it was me being paranoid, but still.

Sam had successfully cleared her audition, as predicted and was quite delighted. I was confident about her selection. I mean her tunes and tracks were amazing, so it was no surprise that she got selected.

"Honey, if you don't get your butt down here, you're gonna be late," Mom yelled, snapping me out of my reverie.

I hurried downstairs, with my bag and quickly hopped into the car. I examined myself in the small mirror that my Mom kept in the backseat pocket. I had worn blue skinny jeans with a loose sweatshirt that hung off my left shoulder. My hair were tied in a tight ponytail and had a bow-band keep them in place.

In about fifteen minutes, we reached school. I kissed my Mom goodbye and went inside the enormous building that went by the name 'school'.

"AALII!!" Sam shouted jogging towards me. A few people gave her a weird look while others ignored.

"No," I replied, knowing what was going to happen.

For the past week it had been the same routine for me. Sam or Candy came up to me, trying to make me audition but I didn't budge.

"Please?" Sam pouted.

"NO. My answer is not going to change!"

"Ugh-When will I be able to convince you?"

"The day it rains hamburgers," I said rolling my eyes.

"Really?" she asked.

I looked at her weirdly before going to my locker to take out my books and proceeded towards my class. I walked through the decorated hallways to the room of my physics class.

Oh how I hated this period.

The teacher Mr. Dougles was the epitome of boredome. He taught is a monotonous voice and his face was always etched into a frown. The only time we saw his face frownless was the time when he dicussed the topic of drama.

I swear that man loves drama more than his own wife.

Rumour says that he used to be an actor, performing in stage plays and stuff but the director of the plays kind of kicked him out. I have no idea how he ended up becoming a physics teacher though.

Anyway, coming back to the present time, I nearly squealed as I stood in front of my physics classroom. There was a white note stuck to the door that I read nearly ten times to confirm what I kept reading.

'Dear students, Mr. Dougles has been asked to help with the drama auditions, hence your class has been cancelled'

I skipped down the hallway, humming to myself but stopped in my tracks when I saw the sight in front of me.