Chapter 16: Might As Well Get Hit By A Frying Pan

A Best Friend sees the first tear, catches the second and stops the third.....<3

Chapter 16: Might As Well Get Hit By A Frying Pan

"It was her idea!" Aaron pointed at Sam who now wore a horrified expression

"WHAT?! But you made it possible! I just told you about our little conversation. That does not mean that I asked you to make it happen!" Sam retorted.

"Guys...." I tried speaking.

"Oh please! What else do you expect? Ali is my best friend, the least I could do for her was this," Candy replied, crossing his arms against his chest.

"Guys...." I tried again only to be interrupted again.

"Yeah right. As if she is not my best friend" Sam mimicked Candy's posture.

"But I've known her longer"

"I know enough."

"You don't k-"

If you're confused, let me quickly clear it up for you. Right now, the argument that is taking place and is giving me headache, is about the "raining hamburgers" in the lunch period today. Apparently, my new best friend decided to share the conversation we had in the morning when I had said that I would participate in the singing competition 'the day it rains hamburgers', with my oh-so dear Candy, who eventually decided to make it happen.

He asked the whole cafeteria to throw their burgers in the air once they hear a whistle blow (Sam's duty) to celebrate the beginning of the actual competitions in th Talent Hunt. And being the adored golden boy he is, no one questioned his motives any further. Even the teachers thought that he was showing school spirit.

That little sonofagun.

"...yeah and like it cou-"

"GUYS! SHUT UP" I shouted, earning a hard glare from the librarian. God, that woman really needs to learn how to smile.

They both looked at me wide eyed, as if just realizing that I was still here. My head was already hurting as if someone decided to run a circus in there.

"Seriously though, did you really think that just by asking the people of the cafeteria to throw hamburgers in the air would give me all the confidence in the world to actually go audition for the Hunt?" I asked, even though the gesture had actually warmed me up on the inside.

Like seriously? Who knew they would actually make it happen? I did feel a little bit flattered and more confident. I even let myself consider the possibility of going on stage but quickly dismissed it. And if I told them about it, I knew they would start bugging me again.

"But you said-" Sam argued and I cut her off.

"I said 'the day it rains hamburgers'. Rains, as in from the sky. Not in the cafeteria where a bunch of kids threw them in the air."

"Okay fine." Sam sighed in defeat," But atleast come to see the finalists perform. Even I'll be performing."

"Okay," I smiled," Plus even Aaron's gonna be there. Right?" I turned to Aaron.

He looked like he was a little panicky and in deep thought.

I snapped my fingers in front of his face and he snapped out of his daze. Hey! That rhymed!

"Uh, yeah. So you're going to come for the Final League?" he asked.

I nodded, eyeing him weirdly.

"Uh, okay. I gotta go. See ya." he said and left.

That was a bit weird. Anyway, I turned to Sam, who was gushing about being nervous for her performance.