Chapter 9: Spinning Around

Best Friends have a funny way of making you look forward to each and every new day....<3

Chapter 9: Spinning Around

Panic. It is something which the more you try to control, the more it shows.

It is a feeling that boggles your mind. It leaves you in a state where you let the pessimist side get the best of you.

You can't control it because your senses and the right set of mind vanishes, leaving you clueless as to what you should do or how you should control it.

How do I know all this?

I know it because of first hand experience.

I'm not saying that no one has ever panicked before. All I'm saying is that I started having panic attacks since that incident that happened long time ago.

No one knows about these attacks. I have kept them a secret. I always try to supress them which I think is the reason they are getting worse every time.

The moment I became the laughing stock for everyone, I panicked inside. I didn't hear the present laughter. All I could hear was the laughter and comments from the 'incident'. If Shelly had done this when no one ws watching, I would have rolled my eyes at her.

I wasn't not- responding because of what she had done. Honestly, it was childish and stupid.

The reason I stood there shutting my eyes as hard as I could and clenching my fists, was to block the laughter and the snippets of the 'incident' which haunted me till date.

I knew that I had to face my fear to avoid the panic attacks but I was scared. I knew perfectly well that I was being a coward but I couldn't help it.

I cleched my fists even tighter and shut my eyes so tightly that the force sent a pain through me. My head started spinning around with all the laughter and taunts that were being thrown at me.

My sticky eye lashes sent the drops of orange juice down my face and the spaghetti sauce on my head began to suffocate my hair spaces.

My mind boggled and the spinning of my thoughts and the sounds from the cafeteria started making me feel dizzy. I opened my eyes to feel a bit more steady but the imaged that my eyes captured beegan to blur. My knees gave out and the last thing I remember before blacking out was the intense pain that swarmed my body as my knees hit the marbeled floor followed my my body.

******

"Don't worry. You'll do well," Mom encouraged as I stood in front of her trembling.

"B-But what if I fail to perform well?" I asked as I looked at myself in the mirror.

The girl in the mirror wore a cute little red dress that reached till her knees with a large black bow that wrapped around her waist. Her hair were tied neatly in two pigtails and had matching clips keeping the hair in place.

"Have you even heard yourself? You sing like a rockstar," Candy came in the dressing room followed by my father and answered before my mother could.

"He isn't kidding kiddo. You can sing better than any nine-year old out there," my Dad bent down to my height and kissed my forehead.

This made me smile brightly. All the nervousness I felt vanished.

"I can do this," I said and everyone nodded in agreement and cheered.

But all the nervousness I had felt came back the moment the host of the show announced my name.