Chapter 7 : Something's Wrong

Good Friends will offer you their umbrella in the rain....

Best friends will take your umbrella and run away yelling and laughing....<3

Chapter 7 : Something's wrong

"You're okay, right?" my mom asked for, l think, the trillionth time. The moment she learnt that I had injured myself in school, she's been asking me if l'm okay or not.

"Yes, mom," I replied.

"You sure?"

"Yes."

"Should I call the doctor?" she asked again.

"MOM? NO"

"What if you have a concussion?"

"Mom, I'm saying this for the last time. NO, I DONOT NEED A DOCTOR."

"You su-"

"Mom, if you ask me one more time, I think I'll actually have to go to a doctor," I replied frustrated.

I heard a chuckle from behind me. I turned to look at my Dad trying to hold back hid laughter.

"You were here the whole time?" I asked him incredulously.

As a response, he burst out laughing. I got my answer.

"I can't believe it. Who does that to his only daughter?"

Any guesses what his response was?

If your answer is that he realized the huge mistake he made and hugged me while becoming emotional, you are absolutely wrong.

You see, my family is not that normal when it comes to these kind of things. And as to what he did, he shrugged and laughed more. Can you believe it?

He just SHRUGGED. What kind of a father does that?!

"Hmph. Excuse me while I make preparations to watch chick flicks," I stomped out of the living room, where my parents were busy chuckling.

I went into the kitchen and put the popcorn in the microwave and waited for the 'pop'sound to start coming. I've always loved listening to this sound.

Weird, right?

Once I got so engrossed in this sound, that I actually forgot to take it out of the microwave. Any guesses what happened?

Yes, when I took it out, I was welcomed with a sight of black irregular shaped crumbs of something which was supposed to be popcorn.

So this time, I set the exact timer do that I didn't do what I ended up doing last time.

Meanwhile, I went into the room with a big flat-screened TV and pulled out the leg-rest against the couch. I took out two blankets, one with avengers and the other one with power puff girls. And if you're thinking that I took the power puff girls and Candy the other one, you're absolutely wrong.

I love the avengers so that one was for me. And as to why Candy takes the powerpuff girls one, that's a story I'll tell some other time.

So I laid down the blankets and went towards the kitchen where I heard mom and dad talking

"....I know. I wish I could help in anyway," Dad spoke in a sad tone.

"Help who in anyway?" I asked.

They both literally jumped out of their seats, startled.

"Oh. Hey honey. We were just talking about Aaron's parents. Their company is shutting down so they need a job. We are already looking for a few jobs but till now, we haven't found a job that can do justice to their caliber," Mom explained