Chapter 13 : Breaking A Layer

This chapter is dedicated to JhoSuyoc7 :).... Keep reading!!

You break my Best Friends heart, I'll break your ugly face.....<3

Chapter 13: Breaking A Layer

After gossiping for what felt like hours, we lied down on my bed, sighing deeply.

"That was one big and long gossip session," Sam exclaimed from beside me.

"Yup," I agreed.

"So what next?" she said, getting up.

"Hmm, let's think." I said as I began to search my mind for something to do.

"Hey why don't w-," I was cut off as Sam spoke.

"What is that?" she asked, looking at something behind me.

I turned my confused gaze to where her eyes stopped and I froze.

Standing there in all it's silver glory was my guitar. The same guitar that my parents gifted me on my 7th birthday. That was when I started singing all the time. I still remember, I never used to leave my guitar, never. It used to be my all-time buddy. I used to carry everywhere, and I do mean everywhere. Heck I even carried it to my washroom. I never stopped singing ever.

But just after that little incident, everything changed. It had been my first time performing in front of a large crowd and I had felt really nervous. So nervous that I even forgot to take my guitar with me on stage.

Its funny how just one little incident in one's life can scar the future. I've tried a lot to keep the fear of people watching me away from me but it keeps coming back to dig its claws even deeper. And I'm helpless as to what I can do.

"That's a guitar, duh!" I tried to sound casual but even I didn't believe the casualty in my own voice.

"Yeah, I can see that very well. But what I mean is whose is it?"

"Uh-mine," I replied meekly, dreading her next words.

"Wow, can you play it for me?"

There they were. Six simple words that sent my nerves into a frenzy.

"Uh-I, let's get something to eat," I replied quickly to change the subject. But my attempt seemed to have failed.

"Ali? What's wrong?" Sam asked, carefully studying me.

"It-It's just that I don't like to sing and play the guitar," I spoke, which was a big, fat, tremendous, humongous lie.

I loved to sing more than anything in the world. Even now, I sung at night, when everyone slept. No one knew about it, though. Everyone assumed that I had left singing entirely.

But that was too tough for me to do. I couldn't go a day without singing. It would be torture for me to know that I couldn't sing.

That is how much the songs, my voice and music mattered to me.

"Ali, is everything alright?" she asked slowly.

I nodded, blinking away the tears which threatened to stream down my face.

"Okay," she said, half hesitating.

I looked at the beautiful piece of my soul. My guitar was silver in colour. The glittered part came down in swirls with beautiful black outlines.

I just wanted to grab it and run my fingers through the chords.

Sam must've noticed my shaky sight as she kept one hand on my shoulder to comfort me. Just this small gesture made me break down into tears.