Chapter 11 : Chasing Around

A Friend will comfort you when you'r sad. But a Best Friend will pick up a bat saying,"Someone's gonna get it!"......<3

Chapter 11: Chasing Around

Right now I felt helpless. I had no idea as to what I could do.

I didn't want Aaron to worry at all. Making him worry would make me feel even more bad and guilty for letting the panic attacks control me.

But just one look in those hazy blue eyes told me that he was not going to let me win the argument at any cost.

"I'm waiting for you to elaborate. And don't try to deny anything. It will be easier for both of us," he said, confirming my thoughts.

I let out a huge sigh. I knew how wasn't going to let it go. He was stubborn and I guess that's what made him my best friend.

"I'll tell you," I agreed," I'll tell you all of it but not now."

He tried to say something but I cut him off.

"Please, Aaron. I promise I will."

He hesitated at first, but nodded,"I am going to let the topic go but only for now."

I smiled at him. I opened my mouth to say something when suddenly 'I'm a Barbie Girl' started blaring. The sound seemed to be coming from Candy's pocket.

Whatever! I'm going to call him Candy!

Speaking of the devil, he groaned loudly.

"Let me guess? It's the brainless birdie calling," I said, amused at Candy's expression, who had now started to bang his forehead against the car.

He stopped banging his head and rolled his eyes.

"Are you even gonna pick up?" I asked.

He stuck his tongue out at me and finally accepted the call.

I simply shook my head at him, chuckling.

"Hello?" he spoke through the phone. He listened to Shelly for a minute, rolling his eyes at the stuff she was saying.

"No, I wasn't feeling well, so I took off."

"No, I didn't do it to ditch you."

"I don't care what the rumour says."

"Shelly, for the love of God, you just had to go through the lunch period without me. What's the big deal?"

I could practically hear the brainless-barbie's shrieks from here.

"Whatever. I'm hanging up." Candy said running a hand through his brown hair. Shelly was still shrieking when he ended the call.

The moment he did, I let out a hearty laugh.

"Hardy har-har. Laugh all you want at my misery," Candy scowled.

I laughed all the more.

"Why do you even date her even when you know that she has lost brain cells even more than the stars present in the whole of the universe?" I asked, when my laughter ceased.

"It's all your fault," he accused.

"My fault? How so?" I asked cocking an eyebrow at him.

"I was just trying to follow those idiotic, cliched chick flicks where the popular jock dates the brainless cheerleader and then somehow finds an innocent, sweet girl to fall in love with and they have a happily ever after," he huffed.

And after hearing this, I was rolling on the grass, laughing as I clutched my stomach.

"You-you actually....," I trailed off as I laughed more.