Aaron's POV

Since you guys didn't mention the exact chapter you all wanted Aaron's POV for, I decided to do his point of view for a glimpse into his life (before the announcement)

Aaron's POV

"GET UP! GET UP AND SHOWER! GET UP! GET UP AND SHOWER," my alarm blared from my bedside.

I groaned in annoyance as Ali's voice rang throughout the room.

Damn! I really need to change my password.

She's still gonna get it out of you anyway.

I hate it when my brain is right.

I tried to reach out for my phone that had Ali's voice blaring out of it. But before I could even touch it, I tumbled down the bed and fell face first on the floor

Just great.

The duvet was wrapped around me, trapping me in a cocoon. After five minutes of struggling hard, I finally got out of it and went to shower.

The only reason why I actually go to school without much complaint is because I know that my dearest Muffin will kick my ass if I don't show up. And of course for soccer.

I don't even know why she wants me to show up when she doesn't even let me talk to her in school.

But that's my best friend for you all. I swear she makes me feel like a pussy when I'm with her. And that stupid girl won't even audition for the Hunt. I really worry about the situation she's in. She needs to get over her fear of going on stage without being laughed at.

And I really need to do something about it.

I let the warm water wash away the frustrations as I got ready for school. I had an early practice today. Coach wanted to train me better for the upcoming soccer competition for The Hunt. I had a tough competition with one of my own team mates so I really needed to practice more.

I jogged downstairs with my bag hung on one of my shoulders and my sports kit in my hands.

"Bye Mom. I'll see you after school" I called out to mom as I took the keys for my car.

"Have a good day honey!" I heard mom shout back.

Sitting in my car, I took off

*****

"Oh man, coach is on serious butt-kicking mode since the trials happened," Seth, who was the best striker on the team spoke up as we changed in the locker rooms.

"Yeah man, he is just worried that we won't be good enough to compete and win the Hunt, speaking of which, do you think you'll get selected?" I asked, picking up my soccer bag.

"I don't know, but the way coach has been making us practice, I think that we might have a chance," he spoke up.

I just nodded in response. I really wanted to get selected. It was no secret that it was my dream to be in the national team and for that, impressing the scouts was really important.

I walked out of the locker room and went to my locker to take the books for my first class. I took out the books and spotted my favourite girl of all times. She was animatedly talking to her new auburn-haired friend, Sam, l think that's her name. I grinned as I saw her come down the hallway, with a cute frown on her face as she disagreed with Sam on something.

The bracelet that I had gifted to her, dangled from her wrist as she walked. I decided to mess with her and I started walking towards her. But before I could even go five steps forward, I was interrupted when two arms wrapped around my waist, preventing me from going any further.