Chapter 27: Lets Turn Ali Into A Tomato Day

Dedicated to: @Crazy_reader_24 and @Linalilly
(Guys this does NOT mean that I haven't seen anyone else' votes and comments. I just had to pick two, otherwise each and every chapter is dedicated to ALL of you ❤️) you all are my family outside family ❤️
****

I think we'll be be Best Friends Forever because we're far too lazy to find new ones :P

(NOTE: There is a spoiler of maze runner 1 in the story in case you haven't read or seen it or want to do it etc. There will be a big 'SPOILER ALERT' written before the line so don't worry)

(Note 2: Read the A/n for the surprise)

Chapter 27: Lets-Turn-Ali-Into-A-Tomato Day

"Haha. Stupid. It can't be," I whispered to myself as I strode back and forth in my room.

Can it?

No.

It was probably just in the spur of the moment. Obviously.

I mean the way Candy looked at me in the park couldn't have meant anything. Right?

"Psshhh. What am I even thinking. That's absurd!" I chastised myself loudly.

Oh come on. This was overthinking. I was reading too much into stupid things.

Why was I even thinking about it anyway? It wasn't as if I felt something different. Obviously not anything totally weird like the sudden tickling in my stomach or....

Uh-uh. Restricted territory.

I felt nothing. At all. It was perfectly normal.

My feet produced soft thudding sounds as my pace kept on increasing with the weird thoughts in my mind.

My eyes were trained on the wooden flooring along which I paced back and forth, without even being aware of my surroundings.

"Should we do something? She's been at this for about twenty minutes straight," a feminine voice reached my ears but faded just as quickly when another thought came into my mind.

Did Shelley put something in my drink to make me feel queasy?

Oh my God.

"Let's wait for another two minutes. This is funny."

Maybe that's her master plan. To make me feel weird things so that I don't participate in the competition.

Yup. That's it. It's all Shelley and not because of any absurd reason that I might possibly feel something for-

Eject. Thoughts eject.

"She's grinning like a monkey on sugar rush. We should do something." Another voice said but my mind wasn't focussing on it at that time.

Shelley was so obviously mad at me. Yes.

"Hallelujah! I figured it out!" I grinned which as if I'd finally solved the mystery of why there was no one of the same size as Cinderella for the shoe to fit in the whole friggin' town.

Don't tell me you never thought of that!

Now that I think about it, I -

"AAAAAAHHHHHH," I shrieked as I felt cold water trickling down my clothes, making me shiver like vibrating machine.

Holy mother of-

I snapped my head up to see where the magic water came from and found Sam, Nate and fudging, sugar-nutting best friend of mine holding a big bucket in his hands.