Chapter 38: Fight Song

Thanks to t-e-r-e-s-a for the amazing cover <3

(Please make sure you've read Chapter 37 before)

Note- please read the A/N at the end since it's probably going to be the last one on this story 😪 and it has an important question.

When we first talked to each other
I knew we would always be friends.
Our friendship has kept on growing
And I'll be here for you till the end.

Chapter 38: Fight Song

My jaw couldn't go further down since it was already grazing the floor.

The witch on the roll say what?!

My gaze steadied itself on Shelly, who was standing there with a proud smirk with her hands on her hips. She had Jared hold Sam from attacking her as she oh so elegantly advanced towards me.

"Excuse me, Miss Montez, but what do you mean by that?" A judge on the panel picked up his mic and asked.

"Well, sir, Alyssa here has a chip in her mic that alters the actual voice of her, making it sound melodious," she explained and snatched the mic from my hand.

"T-That's not true," I stuttered out but Shelley smirked at me.

"Oh is that so? Then why don't you explain this?" She said before breaking the mic and picking out a blue coloured chip out.

My expression grew incredulous as I looked at her in disbelief.

How could this happen? But the mic was normal until-

That's when realisation dawned upon me. The bitch had Jared put the chip in my mic while he was fixing it.

She had it all planned.

It took me a few seconds to sink in the fact that she's crazy. Crazier than I thought she was. She was ready to ruin my future just so that she could show me down.

Before I could react, loud 'booing' erupted from the audience.

"Loser!"

"You're so desperate!"

"She's such a wannabe!"

Statements like these reached my ears and it was as if suddenly the dark corners that I'd managed to suppress came crawling out.

No. I couldn't let it happen.

I couldn't.

But I don't know why, I couldn't move. It was as if time had paralysed me. My limbs went numb just like my brain that was trying not to relive the memories I so badly wanted to forget.

I raised my head and noticed the judges giving me disapproving looks. One of them raised the mic to his lips and uttered the words that were eventually going to come out, sooner or later.

"Miss Bent, you stand disqualified from the competition for using unfair means in order to win. This will be marked black in your senior year report too," he said, looking at me in disgust.

So basically, he said that he was ruining my chance to go to any good college.

Just. Like. That.

Suddenly, an unknown feeling washed over me and I looked up, to see people booing at me, giving me looks of disgust and bitching about how desperate and wannabe I was.