Chapter 14 : Persuasion in Vain

Dedicated to @TurnOutTheLight for awesome comments. You actually motivated me to update faster..... Enjoy

Having a million friends isn't a miracle. Having a Best Friend who will stand there by you when those millions go against you, is definitely a miracle......

Chapter 14 : Persuasion in Vain

The morning light seeped through the curtains, illuminating my room. I twisted in my bed, only to find Sam asleep, with her mouth slightly ajar. To be honest, Sam was quite pretty. Her auburn-brown hair came a little past her shoulders and her hazel eyes were always twinkling.

Yesterday, after my singing, both of the idiots almost squeezed me to death with their group hug. I did get a confidence boost yesterday, but only enough to sing openly to myself. I was really sad that I never sung even to myself, except those nights when I couldn't go without making some productive use of my vocal cords.

That was the only time I kept my voice in check. It's only because of those nights that I still remember how to sing.

So after the celebration of my singing, Sam stayed the night, since she was way too excited about my voice and it was also getting late.

My parents still weren't aware of this, though.

I looked at the clock. It was time to get ready for school. I gently shook Sam.

"Get up sleeping beauty. School awaits us," I said, still shaking her.

"Umnmfhphh," was her reply as she turned to face the pillow.

"Come on, other wise we'll be late," I said nudging her.

"Go away."

"Hmph! Okay fine. Don't say I didn't try nicely," I muttered as I went into the washroom and switched on the tap which started filling the bucket. I jogged downstairs and opened the fridge to take out ice cubes.

I ran upstairs and dumped the ice-cubes in the half filled bucket. I, then picked the bucket up and went towards Sam.

"Sammy, you sure you don't wanna get up?"

"Lehme sleeeep," came her reply.

It was my cue to dump the bucket on her. And I did.

"HOLY MOTHER OF JESUS!" Sam jumped up, soaking wet.

I laughed at her reaction.

"What the hell was that for?" Sam asked, shivering a bit.

"Well, you weren't ready to wake up for school, which reminds me that we have," I looked at my watch," only 30 minutes to get ready."

"Oh sh-"

"And I call the washroom first," I said and ran towards the bathroom.

It took about ten seconds for Sam to realize what I had said, after which, her eyes widened and she got up. But it was too late. I had already shut the door before she could even reach it.

"Open up!" she said banging my door.

I just laughed and hopped into shower. I quickly scrubbed and washed myself and went out with my bathing robe on. As I pushed past the bathroom door, I was received with the sight of a glaring Sam.

"You are so dead!" she said in a low voice as she took slow steps towards me.

My eyes widened as I began running around the room. I looked back to see Sam laughing, holding her stomach.

"T-That was s-so f-f-funny. Y-Your face w-was priceless" she kept on laughing at me since I, oh-so stupidly fell for her plan.

Before I could charge at her, she quickly went into the washroom and shut the door.