Chapter 36: Dating Vibes

Thank you @ScarlettHolly05 for the amazing banner. <3

--------------

Best Friends are people who will make your problems their own just so that you don't have to go through them alone... :')

Chapter 36: Dating Vibes

"Come on! Move it," Sam groaned as she tried to pull me from the couch.

Tough luck buddy, I'm in a committed relationship with it.

"Are you suggesting that I disregard my loyalty towards my favourite couch?" I exclaimed in mock horror.

Sam rolled her eyes and slumped beside me while I got comfortable wriggling deeper into the softness of my all time favourite place to relax.

This was by far the best piece of furniture I had the privilege to own. It was a big couch covered with soft artificial fur that was awesome to snuggle into.

The best part? It was a pull-out bed.

Yeah, so I was pretty serious about my relationship with it.

"What's going to make you get up from that couch?" She asked, eyeing the area where I sat.

She was probably planning to either push me off it or devising a plan to get drag me out.

Either way, she'd require quite a lot of strength for that because there wasn't any chance of separating me from my love.

"You know what? I give up," Sam groaned.

I grinned at her loss and relaxed. Alas no one was going to hinder our relationship.

I watched as Sam dug her pockets for her phone and pressed a few buttons. My relaxed posture grew uneasy as I observed a mischievous smile slowly etching onto her face.

"What are you smiling like that for?"

"Nothing. I was just chatting with Aaron," she said not looking up from her phone. She still had a smile on her face.

I don't know what made my jaw clench up but I found myself sitting a but straight.

"What are you both talking about?" I tried to remove all the grumpiness from my voice.

She glanced at me and grinned as if she knew something I didn't.

"And why do you care?"

"Well, you both are my best friends so I should be a part of whatever the discussion is about," I voiced out, getting really curious as to what they were talking about.

"Well, you didn't tell me about your date with Nick so I won't tell you about what we're talking about either."

"Hold on. How do you know about that?"

Sam turned to me raising an eyebrow. "Got a problem with me knowing about that?"

My eyes widened. "I didn't mean it that way."

"Then you just need to know that I'm not happy with you hiding it from me."

I groaned. "Okay. Tell me how I can make it up for it."

She grinned triumphantly and that's when I realised what I'd gotten myself into.

I face-palmed myself when she announced the compensation of 'not following the BFF code'. She wanted me to part ways with my beloved couch.

"Do I have to?"

"Yes. Now get up."

"But why. Can you first tell me what we're going to do?"